Need Help!

i am 38 years old wanting to go to turkey for hair transplant.  Ive had a receeded hairline for 10 years easily.  My crown has gotten worse over the past 3 years.  I am on fin and min. 

I’ve narrowed my choices to 

dr yaman - 4500 grafts one day, or 5500 grafts over two days.  He says he will cover my crown.  Motorized extraction 

dr turan - 3500-4000 grafts over two days however he will not do back half of crown and proposed I come back one year later 

dr gur - 3200 grafts over one day however he will not do back half of crown and proposed I come back one year later 

cosmedica - 4500 grafts in one day, all techs.  Will cover crown. 

any others I’m missing? 

can you please help me? I am confused and don’t know where I should go.  I hate the idea of flying back to turkey to finish the job, but also don’t want to overharvest my donor.  It does appear I have very thick hair and a lot of donor area on my sides and back.  Thank you! 

454CB1C1-6658-48F6-B695-EA8F054E827B.thumb.jpeg.2c3b589acf385ec969ffa96224964dd9.jpegI am 38 year old and a Norwood 4.  I am wanting to go to turkey for a transplant.  image.thumb.jpg.f79c5453c90dd0258e61946838eaea73.jpg

Why only Turkey clinics? Have you researched other clinics around the world? Turkey is not as known for the best quality transplants, but they certainly rank high for the cheapest. It is truly the wild wild west for hair restoration out there. You may strike gold with your results, or it may be disastrous. You are in a strong position with your donor, and you definitely want to maintain that with your clinic of choice, so keep your options opened for sure with other countries. Spain, Portugal, Belgium, and even India, have some phenomenal doctors at lower costs as well

• Like 2

Drop out Cosmedica, you don’t want to risk a tech only procedure. The other choices are fine, but if you look/consider further afield you would have access to better Drs. So many elite choices in Europe. Research, research and then research some more. Consider saving up to get the right Dr/Clinic for you’re particular needs. 

• Like 1

Like many others asked, why Turkey specifically?

Best in Turkey is Pekiner.  

If you're doing it strictly for budget, considering your list, I think Nader in Mexico is both close to the US, and also better than everyone on your list.

• Like 1

Check out my journey here:

If based on your budget you have finalized these options and don't want to wait more then no issues. I can help you pick one of them. Because pekiner , hlc and bicer are going to be out of budget you mentioned.

1)Cosmedica has to be removed from list, as not just its tech doing all work but look at graft count for a single day using FUE. (Reason same as point 2)

2)Yaman may be removed from list too as the amount of grafts he has qouted is very large for single and 2 days surgery. The issue is lot of grafts fighting for blood supply to survive. The survival rate of grafts will affect your results and your donor area is limited so keeping some in reserve is always good.

The positives those 2 had was doing your crown in 1st seating (which you wanted)

But remember that one and done approach is like a lottery. Maybe all grafts survive and you get great results at once and dont have to travel twice but if it goes wrong then it can go horribly wrong and your donor will be over harvested so you cannot fix any issues with HT as quickly.

3)if you are taking gur's vip package then fine else taking turan's standard package makes the most sense to me. 

conclusion: turan's standard package as the grafts he has mentioned is good enough for coverage to norwood 4 in first seating. Then you can have rest of your grafts used in second seating for crown down the line as crown is least visible so no urgency there. And he is doing it in 2 days so more better for your grafts with a slight discomfort for you.

• Like 1

In case you want to go to south america to pay less than US then below options are :

1) luis nader -> mexico

2) thiago bianco -> brazil

3) sergio camacho -> colombia

Please check their current prices as i am not sure of this part. But last year i saw nader taking 7400 dollars for 4000 grafts.

if you go to europe then its again out of your budget so i didnt mention them.

2 hours ago, duckling said:

In case you want to go to south america to pay less than US then below options are :

1) luis nader -> mexico

2) thiago bianco -> brazil

3) sergio camacho -> colombia

Please check their current prices as i am not sure of this part. But last year i saw nader taking 7400 dollars for 4000 grafts.

if you go to europe then its again out of your budget so i didnt mention them.

Thiago would be charging 12k+, probably more.  His sister clinic, Smart Hair, would be within the budget.  6k at my best guess.

Check out my journey here: