Can I undergo transplant with these bumps on my hairline? Is my hairline design realistic?

Hi everyone,

In a wild turn of events, I am scheduled to undergo surgery next week in a clinic in Europe. I would like to reframe from naming the clinic for now, but I was wondering if it was okay to move forward with these bumps on my head? I have shared the pictures with the clinic and they have stated that it should not impact the result, but I've read online that irritation/inflammation could affect the result.

Additionally, do you think the design is realistic? As you can see I certainly need the temporal triangles done as they are much thinner than the rest of my hair

20230426_123628.jpg

20230426_123441.jpg

20230426_123438.jpg

20230426_123434.jpg

20230426_123501.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

You need to get that treated first. I have the same thing. Are you using any shampoo or ointment? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If I were you, before doing a hair transplant, I would take care of my scalp and make sure it was completely healed, after years on the forums, I saw many successful transplants, but as many failed because of scalp diseases. I read that you are going to Europe, in my opinion, in Europe there are the best hair transplant surgeons, but I understood that for a successful transplant, both the good hand of the surgeon and that the scalp is healthy,  these conditions must coexist. I also read that you’ll be doing it in a week, so I just have to wish you luck.

Thank you for the feedback. I am going to cancel my procedure as I do not want to go through this process if there is a possibility that the grafts will be impacted due to the inflammation in the area. Unfortunately I will likely lose my deposit. 

• Like 1