Job interview in 5 days (10 week post op)

Eek! I have an important job interview next week and I'm wondering whether my crazy appearance will be a problem.

Does anyone have any advice for how I should approach this? If you have a look at my weblog, you can see the stage I am at now.

I am wondering whether I should shave the hairs that are growing in the temple areas - they probably look a bit strange.

Actually, the interviewer wrote to me saying I can wear casual clothes if I want. This opens the possibility of wearing a hat. I still feel that wearing a hat indoors, especially at a job interview, may be a step too far though.

Bearing in mind that I will be getting interviewed by possible future work colleagues, I really wanted to delay the interview, but holding off for another week won't make a huge amount of difference. I hope that if they decide to hire me, they'll forget how I looked during the interview icon_smile.gif

You most certainly do not want the interviewer to think of anything other than your qualifications for the job. Wearing a hat with excuses might be okay, but it can be considered negative. I would just trim the hairs and dress casually. Good Luck !

Thanks for the input.

I just tried shaving the hairs right down and it does look a lot less conspicuous.

I can see the incision sites when I look closely, and I have some persistent pimples so I will probably put some kind of face powder on the area to conceal them...I don't think that should do any harm (although it's not ideal).

I feel a bit sad to be cutting away new hairs that are growing, but hopefully I won't have to do this again.

Scottishguy, you might want to try a concealer like Toppik or Dermmatch to see if it gives you a more natural look.

I don't know what type of job you're interviewing for, but I'll avoid a hat for most types of job interviews.

Good luck with the interviews.

Hi ScottishGuy

I agree with Forrest Gump - do try a concealer. I used Nanogen fibres when I returned to work and they worked fine, although you might want to practice applying a concealer first before the day of the interview.

Good luck.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

I doubt they will notice. You look a lot better post op than I did at 2 1/2 months. Nobody directly mentioned my much improved hair from my post op condition, and the hairs grow in so steady that it's hard for anyone to notice exactly what looks different about you.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts