FUT or FUE poll

Which do you prefer?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m not saying FUT doesn’t have its place, there are patients that may be better suited for FUT. Especially women, who wear their hair long. 

I’m simply saying many of the things that were pushed a decade ago, no longer have any merit.  It still works, it still grows hair. But it’s no longer a gold standard and hasn’t been for quite some time. But I do believe surgeons should still at least offer it, because some patients may be better suited. But in my opinion, it’s a small minority overall. 

Okay I can respect that. I agree it is a small minority and totally up to the patient. Fue is the gold standard and I believe that but fut can still benefit some who may not have a good donor and need every last graft. 

FUT is not for everyone, as the pros are outweighed by cons as the norwood grade decreases.

FUE can be performed on everyone, but the pros are outweighed by cons as the norwood grade increases.

Edited by duckling
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Given the evidence that Rafael Manelli may be Dr. Alan Feller. I have requested an identity confirmation. Having accounts that are physicians posing as regular members poses an astroturfing threat, which undermines our community. I have suspended Rafaels posting privileges until I can confirm his identity. If he confirms his identity I will lift the suspension and notify the community. Silence is deafening and telling.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

FUE overall is less invasive and takes less time to recover. Everything equal, it makes FUE the go-to procedure. Now, are there cases where FUT may be more appropriate, sure, but they are few and far in between.

”just getting a big slap of flesh cut from your head.” Is not something small or insignificant. There’s chance of permanent nerve damage if done incorrectly. Higher chances of infection. Overall, it’s more invasive. If you can get the same growth, with minimal scarring, and recover with less pain, in less time. It’s a no-brainer for most.

This is really the main reason for me. I probably wouldn't have even considered a HT if FUT was the only option. 

Who are the best US/Canadian surgeons for FUE? It seems like most US docs really push FUT (that was my experience in talking with several of them). H&W do FUE, but recommending that over FUT seems like a more recent change from them. Who else in North America for FUE then - just Dr. Nader and Dr. Nakatsui? 

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, MaximusEastwood said:

Who are the best US/Canadian surgeons for FUE? It seems like most US docs really push FUT (that was my experience in talking with several of them). H&W do FUE, but recommending that over FUT seems like a more recent change from them. Who else in North America for FUE then - just Dr. Nader and Dr. Nakatsui? 

Dr. Konior, Dr. Gabel, Dr. Mohebi, Dr. Cooley, Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Rahal to name a few.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

23 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dr. Konior, Dr. Gabel, Dr. Mohebi, Dr. Cooley, Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Rahal to name a few.

Thanks! I did FUT with Dr. Wong, but this thread is giving me some anxiety about if i made the wrong choice in procedure type 🫠

• Sad 1

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, MaximusEastwood said:

Thanks! I did FUT with Dr. Wong, but this thread is giving me some anxiety about if i made the wrong choice in procedure type 🫠

It’s still a viable technique, you selected a good surgeon which is the most critical.

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Given the evidence that Rafael Manelli may be Dr. Alan Feller. I have requested an identity confirmation. Having accounts that are physicians posing as regular members poses an astroturfing threat, which undermines our community. I have suspended Rafaels posting privileges until I can confirm his identity. If he confirms his identity I will lift the suspension and notify the community. Silence is deafening and telling.

The clues were there early on… hidden in plain sight.. 

• Like 2
  • Face Palm 1

FUE, but with a TOP surgeon, which is much more important than the method used. I wouldn't get anything done with a "decent" surgeon (does such a thing exist or is it just bad with low quality pictures?), let alone a terrible one. Best of the best or nothing 👍

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Honestly, that is preposterous. His posts are always informative or contain great questions, and I haven't seen him advertise himself or try to make business here. Even if he were a hair transplant doctor (which I highly doubt), he is polite and his contributions are very good most of the time.

And no, I'm not him or Alan Feller lmao.

• Like 3

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

7 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

Honestly, that is preposterous. His posts are always informative or contain great questions, and I haven't seen him advertise himself or try to make business here. Even if he were a hair transplant doctor (which I highly doubt), he is polite and his contributions are very good most of the time.

I agree. Haven't seen this person post anything to sway people to Feller. His comments seem well-reasoned and informed.

• Like 2

Separately, does anyone find it odd that when a Mwamba's patient representative was pretending to be otherwise, no action was taken? No limitation on posting or bans.

It's strange because there's even less proof here that this is Dr. Feller (not to say it isn't, there's enough there that it def could be), but I find it odd that his posting is limited until he clears his name. Why wasn't this action taken with Mustang, I wonder?

On 9/29/2022 at 9:26 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Do you have proof that he’s a rep? I don’t ban people on hearsay. When I banned Alex I was provided with undeniable and verifiable proof.

Edited by Z--

• Administrators
4 hours ago, NegativeNorwood said:

You have to disclose whether you’re a doctor. This is in our terms of service. Financial biases have to be disclosed. 

3 hours ago, Z-- said:

Separately, does anyone find it odd that when a Mwamba's patient representative was pretending to be otherwise, no action was taken? No limitation on posting or bans.

It's strange because there's even less proof here that this is Dr. Feller (not to say it isn't, there's enough there that it def could be), but I find it odd that his posting is limited until he clears his name. Why wasn't this action taken with Mustang, I wonder?

I stopped Mustang from posting as well, while I researched it further with the clinic. If you see his profile, he only recently started posting again. From what I gathered he’s never been paid by the clinic. There was never a financial relationship to disclose.  Now, can I be wrong? Sure. But that’s the information I have. 

In this case, this poster didn’t even say that he wasn’t Dr. Feller. I sent him a private message flat out asking him, and he ignored me. He ignored this thread as well. Silence is telling. Could he still respond and use someone else? Sure. But at least I’m doing my due diligence to safeguard the community from potential astroturfing. 

You can criticize my actions and moderation, that’s fair, comes with the job. I’m doing the best I can, within my ability. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You have to disclose whether you’re a doctor. This is in our terms of service. Financial biases have to be disclosed. 

I stopped Mustang from posting as well, while I researched it further with the clinic. If you see his profile, he only recently started posting again. From what I gathered he’s never been paid by the clinic. There was never a financial relationship to disclose.  Now, can I be wrong? Sure. But that’s the information I have. 

In this case, this poster didn’t even say that he wasn’t Dr. Feller. I sent him a private message flat out asking him, and he ignored me. He ignored this thread as well. Silence is telling. Could he still respond and use someone else? Sure. But at least I’m doing my due diligence to safeguard the community from potential astroturfing. 

You can criticize my actions and moderation, that’s fair, comes with the job. I’m doing the best I can, within my ability. 

Fair enough. I didn't realize you'd restricted Mustang's posting as well. In that case, given the equivalent treatment, I don't see any issue here.

Cheers.

15 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Lmao are you serious? Hahahahahah

This could be any random person just trolling with the anagram and the old posts. 

If I have a name that is an anagram of Juan Couto and comment on Couto cases this makes me an undercover Couto account? 

I cant even imagine a doctor spending his time commenting as a regular member here and additionally being that dumb as to create a name that is an anagram of his actual name.

Isn't selectively forcing member to confirm their real life identity against personal data rules?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs-down 1
  • Face Palm 2

2 hours ago, Z-- said:

Fair enough. I didn't realize you'd restricted Mustang's posting as well. In that case, given the equivalent treatment, I don't see any issue here.

Cheers.

Mustang was obviously working for Mwamba though, this on the other hand is just an accusation.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs-down 1

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, BaldV said:

Lmao are you serious? Hahahahahah

This could be any random person just trolling with the anagram and the old posts. 

If I have a name that is an anagram of Juan Couto and comment on Couto cases this makes me an undercover Couto account? 

I cant even imagine a doctor spending his time commenting as a regular member here and additionally being that dumb as to create a name that is an anagram of his actual name.

Isn't selectively forcing member to confirm their real life identity against personal data rules?

So a random person would create an anagram of a surgeons name, start the same arguments the surgeon made years ago, and start bumping 15 year old posts of said surgeon? It’s odd behavior to say the least.

I’m not forcing him to disclose his personal data, he can simply join a face call. He doesn’t even need to provide a name or anything. You can use several apps to do this that protect your data. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, BaldV said:

Mustang was obviously working for Mwamba though, this on the other hand is just an accusation.

This is an accusation. I researched this quite throughly. I found no evidence that he worked there and was paid. You can form whatever opinion you would like. Opinions are not facts.

I want to add, that I’m suspending this poster’s privileges, until we can confirm he’s not this said doctor. I want to make it clear, that it’s possible he isn’t this doctor. But confirmation is required. 

View my thread

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

So a random person would create an anagram of a surgeons name, start the same arguments the surgeon made years ago, and start bumping 15 year old posts of said surgeon? It’s odd behavior to say the least.

I’m not forcing him to disclose his personal data, he can simply join a face call. He doesn’t even need to provide a name or anything. You can use several apps to do this that protect your data. 

I mean, this is the internet, I have seen people doing much worse than that when they have a lot of free time.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, BaldV said:

I mean, this is the internet, I have seen people doing much worse than that when they have a lot of free time.

If you want to believe that, go for it. I have a duty to safeguard this community from astroturfing. 

For those reading, what is astroturfing? 
“Astroturfing is the use of fake grassroots efforts that primarily focus on influencing public opinion 

For example, if you own a Honda dealership, and you start posting as a member on car forums to sway public opinion that Hondas are better than Nissans. That’s astroturfing.

Unfortunately, it happens a lot on the internet. This is why we require all clinics and their employees to disclose this upfront to the community. Doctors can join discussions, but they have to disclose that they’re doctors. 

Here’s an example of a doctor who participates, but discloses his identity, so anyone reading his posts can discern whether the information he’s providing is biased or not.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/profile/45247-dr-guncel-ozturk/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjY1NTg0LCJpZF8yIjo3MDA4NjN9

I find it shocking that anyone would defend potential astroturfing. Again, I want to stress, that this may be a genuine member. But I need confirmation. I will lift the suspension and notify the community, if I confirm it. I feel this is a fair approach. You may disagree or criticize my actions. But I have to do what’s best for the community.

• Like 1

View my thread

50 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is an accusation. I researched this quite throughly. I found no evidence that he worked there and was paid. You can form whatever opinion you would like. Opinions are not facts.

I want to add, that I’m suspending this poster’s privileges, until we can confirm he’s not this said doctor. I want to make it clear, that it’s possible he isn’t this doctor. But confirmation is required. 

Can you disclose what research was done to verify that this member was not a patient representative? I find it hard to believe when all the evidence was quite blatant. 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Can you disclose what research was done to verify that this member was not a patient representative? I find it hard to believe when all the evidence was quite blatant. 

I can’t divulge his personal information or details. But I cross referenced the information provided by the member and the clinic. There’s no evidence he’s ever had a paid relationship with the clinic. 

View my thread

• Administrators

I’m locking this thread. To be transparent, I’m waiting for this member to provide confirmation. If I receive it, I will re-open this topic and remove the comments not associated with the actual topic. If any of you wish to discuss the substance of the original topic. Feel free to create a new topic and poll. 

View my thread