FUT or FUE poll

Which do you prefer?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Bandit90 said:

I'm 99% convinced Rafael Manelli is Dr Alan Feller. Even more so that his username is an anagram of Alan Feller. Be interesting to get his take on FUE/BHT as replacement for FUT in higher norwoods. 

Lol actually it’s closer to “I’m Alan Feller” which reminded me of this reveal:

3EBAB116-0FAC-494B-9E73-A13718A645AB.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, BRITA-XL said:

Lol actually it’s closer to “I’m Alan Feller” which reminded me of this reveal:

3EBAB116-0FAC-494B-9E73-A13718A645AB.gif

It's actually "i aM alan felleR" if you rearrange the letters exactly.  ha ha.  

If this were true, then Dr. Feller is a legend.  That would be awesome.

Edited by Bucky O Hair

25 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

how many grafts supposedly do you have more when yoi start with fut? 500-1000?

and that only if your scalp has good laxity…

imho not worth the risk anymore

No it is easily 1.5-2k more. But if you have bad laxity then yes not worth it

• Administrators
1 minute ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

source?

Poor laxity= stretched scar, the larger the strip size, the lower the laxity means an increased chance of a stretched scar.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Poor laxity= stretched scar, the larger the strip size, the lower the laxity means an increased chance of a stretched scar.

I think he means my 1.5k-2k more lifetime grafts with fut into fue than fue alone. Pretty sure Dr Shapiro had a study about two years ago regarding it. Yes fue has advanced but no one would ever perform fut if you only got 500 more grafts. You definitely are getting over 1,000.

1 hour ago, HairEnthusiast101 said:

I think he means my 1.5k-2k more lifetime grafts with fut into fue than fue alone. Pretty sure Dr Shapiro had a study about two years ago regarding it. Yes fue has advanced but no one would ever perform fut if you only got 500 more grafts. You definitely are getting over 1,000.

ya

apparently it can be up to 3k grafts more, i think that really puts fut back on the menu

however, if i compare my skin to to the skin that gets pinched there, my skalp laxity is definitely not so good so then fut probably wont make much sense

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

Just now, mr_peanutbutter said:

ya

apparently it can be up to 3k grafts more, i think that really puts fut back on the menu

No I agree with you fue is better in majority of cases but if you are young have great laxity and are bound to a high Norwood then I’d say fut should still be considered. Some people heal great too so I understand if fut is on the table for them. But fue is the present and the future of the industry 

2 minutes ago, HairEnthusiast101 said:

No I agree with you fue is better in majority of cases but if you are young have great laxity and are bound to a high Norwood then I’d say fut should still be considered. Some people heal great too so I understand if fut is on the table for them. But fue is the present and the future of the industry 

also no doctor can tell me what bad and good laxity is so im really leaning towards fue. would be really a downer to fly to nyc for example just for bloxham to rub your scalp and telling you that your laxity isnt good lol

btw what do you guys think of saifi approach to let a small area untouched when doing fue in case the patients needs more graft down the line and wants to do fut?

image.png.1718063d65649161ebaa7ec6e7a91736.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

also no doctor can tell me what bad and good laxity is so im really leaning towards fue. would be really a downer to fly to nyc for example just for bloxham to rub your scalp and telling you that your laxity isnt good lol

btw what do you guys think of saifi approach to let a small area untouched when doing fue in case the patients needs more graft down the line and wants to do fut?

image.png.1718063d65649161ebaa7ec6e7a91736.png

Very true. I find that interesting. Pretty smart honestly. Is Saifi good though? I’ve heard mixed reviews on density 

Edited by HairEnthusiast101

6 minutes ago, HairEnthusiast101 said:

tbh many people who start balding end up norwood 5/6, for those fut would beneficial for sure. i think its even the majority of people with the balding gene? how many people stop balding at norwood 3, 4? not the majority i think

tbh many people who start balding end up norwood 5/6, for those fut would beneficial for sure. i think its even the majority of people with the balding gene? how many people stop balding at norwood 3, 4? not the majority i think

I have no clue. Would be interesting to know stats on that

2 hours ago, Bucky O Hair said:

Yes exactly that I typed i am but my pc changed it to I’m lol 😂 

• Like 1

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, HairEnthusiast101 said:

I disagree, I’m someone who was young and a Norwood 6/7, as is @Bandit90 I’m so happy I didn’t get strip. I can wear my hair short, chances are I would’ve needed a scar revision with FUT. The larger the strip, the higher the chance of a stretched scar. This thinking is outdated. Now, you see 7-10k grafts with FUE all the time. Look at @HugoX

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I disagree, I’m someone who was young and a Norwood 6/7, as is @Bandit90 I’m so happy I didn’t get strip. I can wear my hair short, chances are I would’ve needed a scar revision with FUT. The larger the strip, the higher the chance of a stretched scar. This thinking is outdated. Now, you see 7-10k grafts with FUE all the time. Look at @HugoX

All the time? You mean with a good donor

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

Well yes but you can always fue into the scar. Also most massive mega sessions are not taking 100% safe zone grafts. Those grafts could easily thin or die just like the tip of your head. It is pretty much impossible to get 10k grafts in a safe zone

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, HairEnthusiast101 said:

Well yes but you can always fue into the scar. Also most massive mega sessions are not taking 100% safe zone grafts. Those grafts could easily thin or die just like the tip of your head. It is pretty much impossible to get 10k grafts in a safe zone

The safe zone varies from person to person. This notion of a “universal safe zone” has been debunked several times. Even amongst Norwood 6/7s there’s viable hair outside of the strip zone that could be utilized, this is why this entire argument is silly at this point. It’s like debating streaming vs. cable TV. 

Also, the hair from a strip is vulnerable to thinning as well, prime example is Joe Rogan. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

@Melvin- Moderator

would you say the video is a bit outdated?

Yes, check out this video from Dr. Hasson himself

View my thread

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

The safe zone varies from person to person. This notion of a “universal safe zone” has been debunked several times. Even amongst Norwood 6/7s there’s viable hair outside of the strip zone that could be utilized, this is why this entire argument is silly at this point. It’s like debating streaming vs. cable TV. 

But it doesn’t take away from the use of fut and its importance to some. And if it is outdated in your mind then I’d reconsider some doctors you have on the recommended list who are big believers in fut and its importance. I definitely firmly think fue is great but fut still 100% has its place 

• Like 1

• Administrators
Just now, HairEnthusiast101 said:

But it doesn’t take away from the use of fut and its importance to some. And if it is outdated in your mind then I’d reconsider some doctors you have on the recommended list who are big believers in fut and its importance. I definitely firmly think fue is great but fut still 100% has its place 

I’m not saying FUT doesn’t have its place, there are patients that may be better suited for FUT. Especially women, who wear their hair long. 

I’m simply saying many of the things that were pushed a decade ago, no longer have any merit.  It still works, it still grows hair. But it’s no longer a gold standard and hasn’t been for quite some time. But I do believe surgeons should still at least offer it, because some patients may be better suited. But in my opinion, it’s a small minority overall. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

Yes exactly that I typed i am but my pc changed it to I’m lol 😂 

2 hours ago, Bucky O Hair said:

Silence says a lot. If it weren’t Dr. Feller I would imagine there would be pushback. 

View my thread