2.5 oral minox since 3 months, 0.5mg fin since 3 months

DavidFrancis

Hi forum ! 
I am on oral minox 2.5 mg per day, and 0,5mg finasteride since 3,5 months. After an impressive shedding, he is just slowing since 3 weeks. 
i have 0 regrowth, can i hope regrowth ? Or should i switch to 5mg minoxidil.
I have a big diffuse with loss of 40% of density in last year, and have already a bad transplant 

• Administrators

3 months is hardly enough time, give it at least 6 months. Remember, you may not see any regrowth. Stopping or slowing further progression means the medication is working.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Tolerating finasteride already makes you a winner to many people including myself. Stay the course and take it religiously. As Melvin said if it halts your hair loss that's a great result. If it regrows any hair that is gravy. Benefits from finasteride actually hit the peak up to two years. All the best.

8 hours ago, DavidFrancis said:

Hi forum ! 
I am on oral minox 2.5 mg per day, and 0,5mg finasteride since 3,5 months. After an impressive shedding, he is just slowing since 3 weeks. 
i have 0 regrowth, can i hope regrowth ? Or should i switch to 5mg minoxidil.
I have a big diffuse with loss of 40% of density in last year, and have already a bad transplant 

It is natural to expect a lot of regrowth from meds after seeing insane results from them in reddit or here for a minority of people. 
As rightly mentioned above by melvin and gatsby that stopping hair loss shows meds are working. So stick to the meds and wait out results for minimum 1  year.  In 3 months it is not possible to see results of hair growth as after hair shedding , the new hair will take lot of time to grow back to previous length.  Same goes for any new hair growth. (Regrowth of your miniaturised hairs)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, duckling said:

It is natural to expect a lot of regrowth from meds after seeing insane results from them in reddit or here for a minority of people. 
As rightly mentioned above by melvin and gatsby that stopping hair loss shows meds are working. So stick to the meds and wait out results for minimum 1  year.  In 3 months it is not possible to see results of hair growth as after hair shedding , the new hair will take lot of time to grow back to previous length.  Same goes for any new hair growth. (Regrowth of your miniaturised hairs)

I see.. thanks. my middle is destroyed because last 6 months i stopped topical minoxidil

About fin, i have again loss of wood, it can desapear after few months ?

• Valued Contributor

It can disappear after sometime and if it still persists than you can switch to topical finasteride...good that you are on oral minoxidil ...if you cn tolerate that and don't have side effects than imo you will get better result from that...2.5mg is fine as of now ..see how much improvement you get by that and later on if you can tolerate it well thn you can take 5mg per day and see if it makes more difference or not..first goal should be to stop the further loss and as you will keep the medication on for longer time it will make your grafts more fuller and a bit thicker...bt give it enough time..and you cn try prp therapy along with medication as well...it works well in diffuse pattern hairloss ....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, DavidFrancis said:

I see.. thanks. my middle is destroyed because last 6 months i stopped topical minoxidil

When you say loss of wood, do you mean morning wood? There are a myriad of reasons why you don’t wake up with an erection. Correlation doesn’t equal causation. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, DavidFrancis said:

You may have to list out all the reasons why this can happen. Then try to eliminate the other causes by bringing some changes to lifestyle. Eat well, sleep well, workout ,feel good , cut stress, try to cut alcohol if possible and various other things can be done . If still this persists then you can consult a doctor and get some tests done to check your DHT level. Then you can go off fin for 2 weeks and then again take the tests. You will get to know that how much DHT its reducing for you. In mean time you can see if there was loss of wood or not. Then you can start to micro-dose again and see if its really the fin which is causing issues or if the micro-dose worked for you. (0.25 mg per day is i think the lowest you should use)

But my suggestion will be , Self diagonising is risky. So try to bring lifestyle change and not think about it. If this persists, then take help and do as doctor says (everything i mentioned above was just an idea which i shared , your doctor should decide approach for you ). Its completely reversible if its fin causing it so no need to worry.

To tell the truth, I haven't had a spontaneous erection during the day for 3 months
It's true that I don't do sports and that I go to bed late, but I think it's due to the finasteride. Thank you for your advice, I will listen to it. 
listen to them
I really don't want to stop taking finasteride because I have a difuse, and I already had a transplant that failed and it hurt me a lot psychologically