Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon

Dear community,

I am planning to go for a hair transplant in Turkey on August but, after being almost sure to go to Dr. Cinik because of a lot of positive reviews basically in almost all the platforms (Trustpilot, Google, Facebook, etc...), I came across to this forum where there are some bad and positive reviews. So, because the hair transplant is not performed by the doctor, there is the risk of a negative outcome based on who will perform the hair transplant.

I am currently thinking to have a DHI hair transplant and I noticed that you recommend Dr Ozlem Bicer, although I heard she is quite pricey, or Dr. Resul Yaman or Dr. Dogan Turan who may be the most recommended to perform the DHI. 

As probably, most of you, I am quite confuse on who choose. Do you recommend the doctors I mentioned above? Is the hair transplant performed always by the doctors?

I would be very grateful to hear more from you. Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Dr. Bicer, Dr. Yaman and Dr. Turan are all recommended by the forum. My suggestion is to look at the reviews posted on this forum, that will make it easier to decide on which doctor to choose.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, Roberto said:

Dear community,

I am planning to go for a hair transplant in Turkey on August but, after being almost sure to go to Dr. Cinik because of a lot of positive reviews basically in almost all the platforms (Trustpilot, Google, Facebook, etc...), I came across to this forum where there are some bad and positive reviews. So, because the hair transplant is not performed by the doctor, there is the risk of a negative outcome based on who will perform the hair transplant.

I am currently thinking to have a DHI hair transplant and I noticed that you recommend Dr Ozlem Bicer, although I heard she is quite pricey, or Dr. Resul Yaman or Dr. Dogan Turan who may be the most recommended to perform the DHI. 

As probably, most of you, I am quite confuse on who choose. Do you recommend the doctors I mentioned above? Is the hair transplant performed always by the doctors?

I would be very grateful to hear more from you. Thanks in advance.

I’ve loved dr pekiner work lately 

Roberto,

Selecting the right hair transplant surgeon is crucial to ensure you get the best results. It’s a good thing that you found this discussion forum because it’s full of genuine patient experiences and reviews.  In my opinion, take your time and research the procedure and surgeons and view a multitude of results posted on this forum by patients and clinics.

Ultimately, I always advised patients to select a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results.  The only way to do that is to evaluate a surgeon based on results presented on public forums and websites.  It also helps to speak and even meet with patients from a particular surgeon you are interested in. If you can’t meet with them in person, you can always talk with them and see the results on video chat.  

Now, just because a particular surgeon and clinic doesn’t have many or even any results available publicly, doesn’t mean that they’re not doing good work. However, in my opinion, it’s not worth the risk going to an unknown surgeon when there are plenty of surgeons that have been publicly reviewed and have proven to consistently produce outstanding results.

Below, I’ve presented steps on how to research and choose the best surgeon for you. I strongly recommend that you go through these steps so that you end up getting the best results possible. At the end of the day, hair transplant surgery is a lifelong investment.  Thus, it’s far better and much more cost-effective to get it done right the first time.

Rahal Hair Transplant

How to Select an outstanding hair transplant surgeon. 

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended by this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended by this community have met a demanding set of standards and are approved based on meeting those high standards.  Many online hair surgeon memberships don’t have any criteria other than to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met an even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst a list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with. Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than because of cost or location.

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum and others to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and their patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. Come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I’ve created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help coming up with a list of good questions, please let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.