Open to suggestions.

Avishek

My age is in early 30s and I am from South-Asian subcontinent. But I lived most of my life in middle-east (extreme hot climate) and now recently moved to North-America (extreme cold climate). I am losing significant portion of my hair. I am planning to have a good affordable and reliable doctor to consult with who instead of directly recommending to hair transplant, tries to understand my scalp and then gives appropriate solution. I am open to any suggestion, particularly in Turkey. I am planning to have vacation trip to Turkey soon, so I was wondering, if anybody could share their experiences and doctors that were helpful in drawing out a good solution plan.

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Avishek said:

My age is in early 30s and I am from South-Asian subcontinent. But I lived most of my life in middle-east (extreme hot climate) and now recently moved to North-America (extreme cold climate). I am losing significant portion of my hair. I am planning to have a good affordable and reliable doctor to consult with who instead of directly recommending to hair transplant, tries to understand my scalp and then gives appropriate solution. I am open to any suggestion, particularly in Turkey. I am planning to have vacation trip to Turkey soon, so I was wondering, if anybody could share their experiences and doctors that were helpful in drawing out a good solution plan.

First of all start medication (finasteride and minoxidil ) and see how it works...you can also take prp sessions to boost up your grafts and make them a bit thicker ....kindly post your scalp pics so evryone can see your current situation and can guide you accordingly...

If you want to try a non surgical procedure than you should look at the doctor who is nearby so you can do frequent visits when required ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

13 hours ago, Avishek said:

Your hair isn't going to fall out just because of climate. If there was non medical way to stop hairloss it would be the most popular treatment. 
Alternative to HT or drugs is cut your hair short. Done right can still look good.

Thank you guys for your comments.

I am not hesitant to opt for surgical methods. I was more looking to get some recommendations on doctors who does scalp analysis to know if I have blood issue or something else. Having said, if I have some blood issue or hormonal issue, then even hair transplant wouldn't last long. Any doctor names or medical centres from your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

Go to a Dermatologist and tell him/her that you are thinking about having a hair transplant, but you want to check first to see if there could be any other reasons for your hair loss besides Male Pattern Baldness because you don't want to spend a lot of money on a hair transplant and then find out you had some other condition.

• Like 3

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.