Sceptic about Yamans clinic

So I've sent them photos for consultations, I had a call with one of their representatives telling me I will need 5-6k grafts for a procedure because they use manual method that doesn't cause visible scarring and that I will not have to take finasteride and tried to convice me for the surgery. After I was doubtful about that, I said that other surgerons recommend max 3k since I am young patient and I'd prefer to go with lower amount, they stopped replying to me completely to any of my questions. Anyone experienced something like that?

• Administrators

If you don’t have confidence in a surgeon, don’t choose them.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If it were me, I would keep looking.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Valued Contributor

I dont think they are doing manual extraction ...i might be wrong bt most of the patients reviews over here suggest he is using motorised device ...and yeh if you are very young than to go for such a high graft at one go is not that wise..though these days few surgeons are doing that ...you should look other doctors ..and if you can than please post your photos so everyone can see you current situation and can give you suggestions accordingly .....

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, Archan said:

Non penso che stiano eseguendo l'estrazione manuale ... potrei sbagliarmi ma la maggior parte delle recensioni dei pazienti qui suggeriscono che sta usando un dispositivo motorizzato ... e sì, se sei molto giovane piuttosto che fare un innesto così alto in una volta sola non è così saggio..anche se in questi giorni pochi chirurghi lo stanno facendo...dovresti cercare altri dottori..e se puoi per favore posta le tue foto in modo che tutti possano vedere la tua situazione attuale e possano darti suggerimenti di conseguenza.... .

It seems to me that lately Yaman is doing the procedures in two days and is not using the motorized technique (at least that's what the patients have declared) but the manual one, so much so that I myself who have never been a fan of Yaman, in one I wrote about these threads that I'm changing my mind about your clinic.  In one I remember reading that he used both manual and motorized techniques.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Oh than its great...good if he is getting it better now ...as you said even i never liked his results that much though he is very experienced ...but i never found his work that refined ..always has that impression that he is average and imo in turkey pekiner ,dr gur,dr bicer would be better choice...and evn hdc in Cyprus 

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

20 minutes ago, ITA said:

It seems to me that lately Yaman is doing the procedures in two days and is not using the motorized technique (at least that's what the patients have declared) but the manual one, so much so that I myself who have never been a fan of Yaman, in one I wrote about these threads that I'm changing my mind about your clinic.  In one I remember reading that he used both manual and motorized techniques.

Definitely Improved in many ways, and he did need too. 

• Like 1

Yaman doesn’t suggest 5-6 grafts if they are not needed. He suggest around 2500-3000 for small Norwoods.

Dr Felipe Pittella in Brazil who is also considered a good surgeon usually suggests much higher number of grafts than dr yaman…I have seen dr pittella doing 6-7 k grafts in one day and 10-11k grafts in 2 just 2 days. So it depends on the surgeon..

Anyway he is negotiable and many of his patients separated their procedures and did max 3-3.5 k grafts for half head despite the were higher Norwood  

Dr Yaman is an ethical surgeon who cares about his patients and his results are great and natural. He is able to give good coverage to higher nowrwoods with just one procedure, which is really important. 
Anyone could search for his results on this forum. 

Edited by Belve

7 hours ago, Belve said:

Il dottor Felipe Pittella in Brasile, che è anche considerato un buon chirurgo, di solito suggerisce un numero di innesti molto più elevato rispetto al dottor Yaman... Ho visto il dottor Pittella fare 6-7 mila innesti in un giorno e 10-11 mila innesti in 2 soli 2 giorni. Quindi dipende dal chirurgo...

However, it seems to me that Dr. Pittella does not use the manual technique but motorized if I'm not mistaken.

5 hours ago, ITA said:

However, it seems to me that Dr. Pittella does not use the manual technique but motorized if I'm not mistaken.

I know that dr Felipe Pittella  is using motorised punch. But he usually suggests very high number of grafts and he is able to extract very large number of grafts like 6000-7000 grafts in just one day and about 10000 grafts in 2 days with motorised punch. Haven’t you seen that on his forum cases ??

That’s why his results are really good because he implants high densities in each area. 

Edited by Belve

46 minutes ago, Belve said:

So che il dottor Felipe Pittella usa il punzone motorizzato. Ma di solito suggerisce un numero molto elevato di innesti ed è in grado di estrarre un numero molto elevato di innesti come 6000-7000 innesti in un solo giorno e circa 10000 innesti in 2 giorni con punzone motorizzato. Non l'hai visto sui suoi casi del forum ??

Ecco perché i suoi risultati sono davvero buoni perché impianta densità elevate in ogni area. 

Of course I've seen Dr. Pittella's cases on this forum, and I also think he's a great doctor, but here, the subject of discussion is Yaman and manual technique.  Haven't you read it?

1 hour ago, ITA said:

Of course I've seen Dr. Pittella's cases on this forum, and I also think he's a great doctor, but here, the subject of discussion is Yaman and manual technique.  Haven't you read it?

I think that The subject of discussion here is for the higher number of grafts not the method of extraction. Yaman also uses motorised punch.

And I said dr pittella, who is considered a great doctor would suggest even more than 5-6 k grafts, if you see his cases on this forum, in which he usually suggests very high numbers of grafts. So what I want to say is that The fact that a doctor may suggest a higher number of grafts it depends on the doctor and on each particular case and it doesn’t mean that he is not good imo…

Edited by Belve

19 minutes ago, Belve said:

Penso che l'oggetto della discussione qui sia per il maggior numero di innesti non il metodo di estrazione. Yaman usa anche un pugno motorizzato.

E ho detto che il dottor pittella, che è considerato un grande medico, suggerirebbe anche più di 5-6 mila innesti, se vedete i suoi casi su questo forum, in cui di solito suggerisce numeri molto alti di innesti. Quindi quello che voglio dire è che il fatto che un medico possa suggerire un numero maggiore di innesti dipende dal medico e da ogni caso particolare e non significa che non sia bravo imo...

You are right, at this point I agree with Melvin when he suggests to @SoSozthat if he doesn’t trust of the surgeon, it is better not to go with him, also because, at a certain point, Yaman stopped answering him (and this is not synonymous with seriousness), so it's best to leave Yaman alone.

8 minutes ago, ITA said:

You are right, at this point I agree with Melvin when he suggests to @SoSozthat if he doesn’t trust of the surgeon, it is better not to go with him, also because, at a certain point, Yaman stopped answering him (and this is not synonymous with seriousness), so it's best to leave Yaman alone.

I have seen other cases with dr yaman where the patients wanted to do 2 separate procedures with 3k grafts each one with 1 year space between them. And dr yaman said that’s fine and followed this plan. So he is negotiable depending on what a patient feels more comfortable with.
 I can’t understand why he would not accept that on that case, while he accepted that on other cases on this forum. For example To separate into 2 different procedures would be even better for the surgeon as he will get paid 2 times!

2 hours ago, ITA said:

I believe I didn't speak with Dr Yaman at all, but his representative. He was ment to set up call with Dr Yaman so I can speak over camera with him at certain time. When I was on that time I didn't receive any call from Dr Yaman, so I contacted his representative and didn't bother to reply why the call didn't happen. Since then they never reply and just ignore.

Edited by SoSoz

12 minutes ago, SoSoz said:

Credo di non aver parlato affatto con il dottor Yaman, ma con il suo rappresentante. Aveva intenzione di fissare una chiamata con il dottor Yaman, così posso parlare con lui davanti alla telecamera in un determinato momento. Quando ero in quel periodo non ho ricevuto alcuna chiamata dal dottor Yaman, quindi ho contattato il suo rappresentante e non mi sono preso la briga di rispondere perché la chiamata non è avvenuta. Da allora non rispondono mai e semplicemente ignorano.

So it may be that your representative did not have time to talk to the doctor about it.

15 minutes ago, ITA said:

So it may be that your representative did not have time to talk to the doctor about it.

He confirmed a call on certain time day before. Just bit unprofessional that the call never happened without any information and proceeded with no responding.

Edited by SoSoz

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, SoSoz said:

He confirmed a call on certain time day before. Just bit unprofessional that the call never happened without any information and proceeded with no responding.

Pm me your name and infor, I can find out what happened for you and make sure you receive a call.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Pm me your name and infor, I can find out what happened for you and make sure you receive a call.

For now I decided to not go with them anymore.

• Like 1