How long does it take for shed hair to return?

Usually transplanted hair fully sheds between 2-4 weeks post-op. If yours shed at 8 weeks post-op, it could possibly mean that you will be a late grower. In general, the earliest growers begin showing at 4 months, with the norm really being 6 months. Either way, patience, it will be a full year before you can evaluate your results. 

I know, easier said than done, but the hardest part is behind you now. 

• Like 2

As SA mentioned, on average grafts shed from 2-4 weeks post-op but some can take longer…we do know however that hair follicles behave in a cyclical manner moving between 3 phases of: growth, shed, rest…when the grafts shed, many of them enter the resting phase for several months before they move into a new growth phase…this typically takes 3-4 months for the new growth to emerge above the scalp line.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

@jc80220,

When your transplanted hair falls out, that’s only the beginning. It typically falls out between 4 to 6 weeks after the date of your surgery. But it doesn’t typically start to go back until between 3 to 5 months after surgery.  And then, they typically start to grow back thin, fine and colorless.  Disclosure process takes up to 12 to 18 months to fully develop and mature.

Now, most hair transplant clinics explain to patients what to expect.  But since you don’t seem to be aware of the process, I encourage you to do some research on this forum and see how things develop for other patients.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Usually 2-4 weeks, the donor area recover faster than the recipient area.

First growth on frontal recipient around 3-5 months, crown first growth can even start after 5 months post result due to lower blood pressure supply (which was also on my case).

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.