Doctors outside Turkey

Hair2023

Hi,

I have been researching doctors outside Turkey and the UK. 

I have had a consultation with Dr Yaman and Dr Gur regarding my NW3 and thinning crown - I’m impressed by both but not too sure about Dr Yaman’s hairline work? In particular why he doesn’t include a “wiggled” line on the front hairline but Gur does, any ideas?

I also had a consultation with Dr Mittal in London/Manchester - impressive but it’s out of my price range and time line. 

I have been looking at other options, can’t seem to find much on them but what are the opinions on these?  

Kosmed Klinik: Madiha Mahmoud and Elham Hakhamaneshi  - Hamburg

Clinica LHR: Dr Augusto Guerrerio - Lisbon

Skin and HairDr. Theocharis - Greece 

Insalaco clinic: Dr Insalaco Italy

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Hair2023 said:

Hi,

I have had a consultation with Dr Yaman and Dr Gur regarding my NW3 and thinning crown - I’m impressed by both but not too sure about Dr Yaman’s hairline work? In particular why he doesn’t include a “wiggled” line on the front hairline but Gur does, any ideas?

I also had a consultation with Dr Mittal in London/Manchester - impressive but it’s out of my price range and time line. 

I have been looking at other options, can’t seem to find much on them but what are the opinions on these?  

Thank you.

Dr Gur and dr yaman are much better options than the rest doctors you mentioned who are unknown with not any result published online. 

You can have consultation with HDC clinic in Cyprus, both Dr. Maras and Dr. Christina make the punch and incisions, you can see results in this forum and Instagram link on my signature, you're welcome to contact me.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Valued Contributor

Dr mittal is doing great work....if you wish to have a good hairline work thn you shud consider dr pekiner in turkey...and if you want more affordable one thn dr gur is fine...and you cn check out hdc clinic in Cyprus as well...they are good budget clinic 

I dont knw abt the doctors you mentioned other thn dr insalaco..she is a good surgeon ...she is doing great work..bt if dr mittal is out of budget than dr insalaco would be out of budget as well ...cause she is charging more thn evn mittal i guess...still you can correct me if she has dropped her prices ...

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

23 hours ago, Hair2023 said:

Hi,

Thank you.

What is your budget. And where are you based. Remember a few things:

1. dr led consultation is important. Not a quick hi thank you bye.

2. Do you like their work. 

3. who is doing the work. A clinic that has techs do the surgical cuts into the skin of course will be cheaper. 

4. how many other patients will be in on that day, if techs are doing the work then expect to be one of many. 

5. aftercare and follow up. My preference was to see my doc post procedure. 

6. the U.K. is a difficult marker to navigate, but with a proper consultation and a gut feeling about your surgeon I think you can have a great outcome subject to your current status. 

7. post a picture of the hair loss, not every surgeon is the right fit. I know Dr Mittal likes a conservative approach and focusing on one area. Other surgeons will do an entire head. So each procedure and surgeon has their preferences. 

8. price is an important factor; but it can cost you a lot more to repair poor work. I’ve read so many stories on here, and it’s really quite sad. This industry is polluted with ruthless sales guys. 

my two cents well turned into 8 cents. 

good luck what ever you choose. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 8:08 PM, Nelly said:

What is your budget. And where are you based. Remember a few things:

1. dr led consultation is important. Not a quick hi thank you bye.

2. Do you like their work. 

3. who is doing the work. A clinic that has techs do the surgical cuts into the skin of course will be cheaper. 

4. how many other patients will be in on that day, if techs are doing the work then expect to be one of many. 

5. aftercare and follow up. My preference was to see my doc post procedure. 

6. the U.K. is a difficult marker to navigate, but with a proper consultation and a gut feeling about your surgeon I think you can have a great outcome subject to your current status. 

7. post a picture of the hair loss, not every surgeon is the right fit. I know Dr Mittal likes a conservative approach and focusing on one area. Other surgeons will do an entire head. So each procedure and surgeon has their preferences. 

8. price is an important factor; but it can cost you a lot more to repair poor work. I’ve read so many stories on here, and it’s really quite sad. This industry is polluted with ruthless sales guys. 

my two cents well turned into 8 cents. 

good luck what ever you choose. 

Solid advice. 
I’ve got a consultation lined up with Dr. Leonhardt of Hairdoc and Dr Gonzalez Marlia Arturo of Medical Hair Vigo - Dr Leonhardt seems like she has a great amount of knowledge and many years experience.
Read about Dr. Espinosa Custodio, so enquired about a transplant with him too.

Still waiting to hear from Dr Insalaco, I read she has done many lectures and presentations about hair transplants and is highly regarded.

I keep seeing certain doctors are members of the “International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery“ but when I search their name some are not members - does anybody know why this is?

Cheers!

9 hours ago, Hair2023 said:

Solid advice. 
I’ve got a consultation lined up with Dr. Leonhardt of Hairdoc and Dr Gonzalez Marlia Arturo of Medical Hair Vigo - Dr Leonhardt seems like she has a great amount of knowledge and many years experience.

Still waiting to hear from Dr Insalaco, I read she has done many lectures and presentations about hair transplants and is highly regarded.

I keep seeing certain doctors are members of the “International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery“ but when I search their name some are not members - does anybody know why this is?

Cheers!

Some may have been members once and are maybe no longer. From what I understand they have categories of membership. Maybe that’s why. 

when doing research, at the time the ISHRS had very minimum criteria to become a member, not sure if that is the case now, but attending a couple of conferences and they’ll accept you as a member. So doesn’t give rise to any credence in terms of skills or results. However they do have a good code of ethics. 

What is your budget?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nelly said:

Some may have been members once and are maybe no longer. From what I understand they have categories of membership. Maybe that’s why. 

when doing research, at the time the ISHRS had very minimum criteria to become a member, not sure if that is the case now, but attending a couple of conferences and they’ll accept you as a member. So doesn’t give rise to any credence in terms of skills or results. However they do have a good code of ethics. 

What is your budget?

Interesting.

I would say around £8,000 is my absolute limit, including transportation and accommodation for a couple days to allow for swelling to reduce.

Any recommendations?

How many grafts do you need (what Norwood level are you)?

If it's something like 2,000, you can probably afford some very good European doctors, who charge around 3-4 euro a graft. If you need more and have a large area to fill, I'd still look into those doctors and just do less grafts and do a multi-step process.

1 minute ago, Z-- said:

How many grafts do you need (what Norwood level are you)?

If it's something like 2,000, you can probably afford some very good European doctors, who charge around 3-4 euro a graft. If you need more and have a large area to fill, I'd still look into those doctors and just do less grafts and do a multi-step process.

Been quoted in the region of 3,000 grafts.

NW3 some thinning on crown.

Have you had a similar and successful operation?

5 minutes ago, Hair2023 said:

Been quoted in the region of 3,000 grafts.

NW3 some thinning on crown.

Have you had a similar and successful operation?

I did 2,500 grafts on my first go for the front only and will do a second pass for the crown. I'm a higher norwood though.

I'd just suggest looking into Spain and Portugal, as doctors there are usually 3 - 5 euro a graft. Pinto, Couto, Ferudini, etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hair2023 said:

Interesting.

I would say around £8,000 is my absolute limit, including transportation and accommodation for a couple days to allow for swelling to reduce.

Any recommendations?

We haven’t seen any pics on this forum if I’m not mistaken, it might be worth posting some pictures for people to see. Have you tried Fin for crown if it’s thinning, hair line nw3 normally can be done well with 2000-2500 grafts. 

of your budget is £8k and your donor sufficient then Mittal should still be affordable. Wasn’t he doing it at £3 a graft unless his prices have increased?

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2023 at 1:01 AM, Hair2023 said:

Solid advice. 

Cheers!

Hi there, was just wondering if you got a reply from Dr. Espinosa Custodio? Did he quote you more grafts than other doctors or usual? I just received my consult from him so wondering what the word is surrounding him.

Thanks