My experience with finasteride, need help

DavidFrancis

Hi everyone I wanted to share my experience with fina, and also hear your advice 
I am 25 years old, I have already done a bad transplant of 2500 grafts, and I have a diffuse that has become more pronounced this year.
I started 2 months ago to :
- Minoxidil oral 2.5mg per day
- Finasteride oral 0.5 mg per day
The problem is that I have a loss of erection in the morning.
What should I do?
Lower it to 0.25mg a day? Or take a break for a while, and if so how long? 
Thank you

11 hours ago, BaldV said:

Can you post some pics?

I had the same issue with fin and it eventually went away

I didn't know this was a NSFW forum 😅

But really if fin hurts your sexual functions STOP taking it. There is a reason there are lawsuits.
Don't risk it. Hair is nice but not worth losing health.

7 hours ago, coolbreeze said:

But really if fin hurts your sexual functions STOP taking it. There is a reason there are lawsuits.

Yes, but I've heard that it's often nocebo, and that at worst, after a few months the side effects go away. So I don't know

8 hours ago, coolbreeze said:

I am super horny now because of fin so its probably an advantage

Even at a low dose, oral fin stopped my morning wood altogether. Took a break for a few days and it started coming back. Because it basically happens while you sleep I cannot possibly see how it could be nocebo effect or in the mind in anyway. I'm pretty certain it's as a direct result of altering your hormones. 

I'm almost 3months in, I guess the question is will my morning wood come back on its own in a few months if I continue taking fin? I have my doubts tbh

42 minutes ago, jr1986 said:

Even at a low dose, oral fin stopped my morning wood altogether. Took a break for a few days and it started coming back. Because it basically happens while you sleep I cannot possibly see how it could be nocebo effect or in the mind in anyway. I'm pretty certain it's as a direct result of altering your hormones. 

I'm almost 3months in, I guess the question is will my morning wood come back on its own in a few months if I continue taking fin? I have my doubts tbh

I have the same issues and same question.. 

Now its better for you ? 

1 minute ago, DavidFrancis said:

I have the same issues and same question.. 

Now its better for you ? 

Went back on fin yesterday, but i had nearly a week off it and morning wood came back after about 3 days and had it a couple of mornings. 

I expect it will be absent now that I'm on fin again

Totally up to you bro, but please read the posts of guys telling you to quit the drug. Dude warning of “lawsuits” creates a new account asking for surgeons that will do mega sessions without finasteride then tells young guys to make the same mistake. That’s a living hell and outweighs the risk of possible decreased morning wood imo. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Judelaw said:

Totally up to you bro, but please read the posts of guys telling you to quit the drug. Dude warning of “lawsuits” creates a new account asking for surgeons that will do mega sessions without finasteride then tells young guys to make the same mistake. That’s a living hell and outweighs the risk of possible decreased morning wood imo. 

You think loss of morning wood is okay and can be ignored? 

21 minutes ago, jr1986 said:

You think loss of morning wood is okay and can be ignored? 

Again that’s up to you, even before fin it was a rare occurrence for me and my hormone levels are very healthy. You talk about all of the stories scaring you which makes me think you’ve been on Reddit where guys who aren’t sexually active are convinced they have ED after a week. 

• Like 1

im just waiting for Melvin to push Xyon Duasteride now that Xyon is now the official forum sponsor. Basically if you have any sexual problems from fin, XYON DUTASTERIDE IS THE SOLUTION!

• Thumbs-down 1

my suggestion is to get off of it. The side effects can linger for months after quitting, or be permanent. 

i took fin for a year, and quit over 8 years ago, and my ejaculation volume is still decreased bc of the fin. 

Also this whole nocebo concept is trash. We all know when your private parts arent working. 

You’re very angry bro, do you really think you’re in the correct state of mind to tell a 25 year old with a full head of hair that he should give up and go bald like you? I remember years ago people begged for someone to research and develop better topical vehicles, now that there’s a product with clinical data to back it up you’re mad that Melvin is promoting it?

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, 12345 said:

im just waiting for Melvin to push Xyon Duasteride now that Xyon is now the official forum sponsor. Basically if you have any sexual problems from fin, XYON DUTASTERIDE IS THE SOLUTION!

I have never said XYON topical dutasteride is the solution. I’ve said topical dutasteride is the best topical in my opinion. There are plenty of companies that sell topical dutasteride. I’ve even referred European members to farmacia parati. 

I don’t care what anyone takes or doesn’t take. It’s your personal choice. I tout what works for me, that includes oral minoxidil. You sent me a pm asking me for my hair loss regimen and now you’re acting like I was the one messaging you. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Judelaw said:

You’re very angry bro, do you really think you’re in the correct state of mind to tell a 25 year old with a full head of hair that he should give up and go bald like you? I remember years ago people begged for someone to research and develop better topical vehicles, now that there’s a product with clinical data to back it up you’re mad that Melvin is promoting it?

Not your bro.

But yes, I am discouraging this young man who clearly early on has sexual side effects from fin to discontinue finasteride before his side effects either get worst and/or become longer lasting or become permanent. 

I am just sharing my experience with finasteride. He can take the info or leave it.

Xyons research is biased as the same company who produces the drug (hasson and wong) are same the ones publishing the study with a piss poor study sample. The ignorant refuse to acknowledge that. Ignorance is bliss so I quite understand.

Non-moderator members on the forum have already reported side effects from both xyon topical fin and dut.

As stated, until we have more members try it, their products would be best for those who have no sides from fin be it oral or topical, or who can tolerate the side effects.

I do not think its wise to recommend those products to those who had sides from fin in any form. I am not paid by any company shelling finasteride or dutasteride to push any drug on anyone. I can give my honest opinion without losing a paycheck or sponsorship.

Edited by 12345
  • Thumbs-down 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, 12345 said:

Not your bro.

But yes, I am discouraging this young man who clearly early on has sexual side effects from fin to discontinue finasteride before his side effects either get worst and/or become longer lasting or become permanent. 

I am just sharing my experience with finasteride. He can take the info or leave it.

Xyons research is biased as the the company who produces the drug are the ones publishing the study. The ignorant refuse to acknowledge that.

Non-moderator members on the forum have already reported side effects from both xyon topical fin and dut.

As stated, until we have more members try it. there products would be best for those who have no sides from fin be it oral or topical, or who can tolerate the side effects.

I do not think its wise to recommend those products to those who had sides from fin in any form. I am not paid by any company shelling finasteride or dutasteride to push any drug on anyone. I can give my honest opinion without losing a paycheck or sponsorship.

Fair enough, you don’t like Xyon, you’ve made that clear. There are several other companies producing topical finasteride and dutasteride that are worth a try. If you get sides from oral fin you’ll get sides from topical fin, now that sounds like broscience. How do you know unless you try it? Hell, I would try lowering the dose of oral finasteride, or taking it on a 3-day split as another alternative. There’s a threshold that is different for everyone. Discouraging someone from trying something out of fear is the definition of fear mongering. 

The facts are hair loss is progressive, and hair transplants do not stop hair loss. Getting a hair transplant without treating the root cause is equivalent to putting a bandaid on a deep cut. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.