Is it safe to have smp at this time?

I have had a hair transplant 6 months ago and my results are pretty weak now I am done with one session smp but my surgery got upset and said that I injected it with poison and this can cause cancer and complications and stopped replying to me. Now i am not sure if they just trying to blame smp for bad results which I just had 4 days ago

23DCA2DB-FF55-4F89-AEB6-5843B9399FDD.jpeg

CC9C0C56-28F5-4F2B-9A2B-72B4B2FCFD56.jpeg

@AheadInkSMPcould maybe he kind enough to comment here regarding the SMP. I would ask you provide more details for the actual HT, where it was performed, who the Dr was etc. what do they mean though, you’re at the mid way point and they are blaming SMP for poor growth? Not right at all, who did the SMP? Something is off and it’s not going to be 4 day old SMP

@Need_advice,

To be completely honest, I would 100% not undergo SMP in any area you’ve been transplanted over the last six months.  Hair transplant results take up to 12 to 18 months to grow in and fully mature. You may also be a slow grower so even though you’re not seeing any real growth yet, it might still happen for you. Undergoing SMP over top of potentially growing hair is far from ideal.

So as much as I’m sure you want to change your current situation, I really strongly suggest waiting the full 12 to 18 months.

That said, I think it’s a bitch overly dramatic and incorrect to say that you injected poison into your scalp but in terms of optimal Hair Transplant Growth? Yes, SMP over the transplant area could negatively impact growth yield at only six months.

Now, I admit that at six months postop, most hair transplant patients have significantly more growth and it’s possible that your procedure wouldn’t have been optimal at maturity. But, it’s just as possible that you’re a slow grower and that you would’ve seen a lot more growth at maturity.

The truth is I don’t know exactly what the S&P will do to the overall result at this point if the S&P was placed over top of the transplanted area.  But I’ll be honest, it may have affected the final result.

At this point, I suggest waiting until maturation before you decide to do anything else.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 2

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Valued Contributor
7 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Need_advice,

To be completely honest, I would 100% not undergo SMP in any area you’ve been transplanted over the last six months.  Hair transplant results take up to 12 to 18 months to grow in and fully mature. You may also be a slow grower so even though you’re not seeing any real growth yet, it might still happen for you. Undergoing SMP over top of potentially growing hair is far from ideal.

So as much as I’m sure you want to change your current situation, I really strongly suggest waiting the full 12 to 18 months.

That said, I think it’s a bitch overly dramatic and incorrect to say that you injected poison into your scalp but in terms of optimal Hair Transplant Growth? Yes, SMP over the transplant area could negatively impact growth yield at only six months.

Now, I admit that at six months postop, most hair transplant patients have significantly more growth and it’s possible that your procedure wouldn’t have been optimal at maturity. But, it’s just as possible that you’re a slow grower and that you would’ve seen a lot more growth at maturity.

The truth is I don’t know exactly what the S&P will do to the overall result at this point if the S&P was placed over top of the transplanted area.  But I’ll be honest, it may have affected the final result.

At this point, I suggest waiting until maturation before you decide to do anything else.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

This ^ No quality SMP artist would touch a 6 month post op patient. What were they thinking? You need to wait 12 months to see the full results of surgery. How else would you know where to have SMP (if indeed it was at all indicated to have done). Also it takes 12 months of healing (both in the recipient area and for scars in the donor area) before SMP should even be applied. 

Yeh it’s bad news that the transplant clinic can now say it was the 4 day old SMP that’s ruined the result, if you had poor growth up until that point it’s now been compounded by the SMP on top. The SMP shouldn’t have been performed, and the clinic shouldn’t have been so harsh with its feedback. Going forward you should now wait until such time both can be re examined. 

16 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

This ^ No quality SMP artist would touch a 6 month post op patient. What were they thinking? You need to wait 12 months to see the full results of surgery. How else would you know where to have SMP (if indeed it was at all indicated to have done). Also it takes 12 months of healing (both in the recipient area and for scars in the donor area) before SMP should even be applied. 

I actually gone to most popular smp artists in Dubai and both said that is age because smp never reach hair follicle and doesn’t cause any bleedings ! But I didn’t know this controversial ! Also all info on the web confirmed the same

1 hour ago, ITA said:

@Need_adviceCan I ask in what "place" you went to for your transplant?

@Melvin- Moderator Could you please suggest OP based on your expertise in HT research and experience on what should be done moving forward 

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Need_advice said:

I actually gone to most popular smp artists in Dubai and both said that is age because smp never reach hair follicle and doesn’t cause any bleedings ! But I didn’t know this controversial ! Also all info on the web confirmed the same

No quality SMP artist would SMP on a six month post hair transplant. How will they know where to apply the SMP when all of the hair hasn’t come through? SMP requires research the same as a hair transplant. I’ve had SMP myself and spent a long time researching.