Dr. Sharon Keene and Out of Town Hair Transplant

Hello,

I am planning to get a HT done using FU method. I am debating whether to get it done in town (Las Vegas) or travel out of town. I have heard good things about Sharon Keene (Tuscon, AZ). I had a phone consultation with her and also had a consultation at Hair Club in town (Dr. Roy Jones is the surgeon). I will appreciate input from you guys regarding the following-

1) Your opinion about Dr. Sharon Keene and Dr. Roy Jones.

2) Is it OK to travel out of town for this surgery? Do you need to meet frequently with your doctor after the surgery and how important it is? What about hair cuts, followup checks, etc. after the surgery?

Thank you very much for your time.

Seeking_Advice

Hi Seeking,

There is no problem traveling for your procedure. In fact, many people do. I drove down to Tucson from Phoenix (a 2 hour drive) for my surgery. I spent one night and drove back home the next day. The pain was minimal so I did not even have to take pain killers the second day (which allowed me to drive back).

In reality you only need to see your doctor again once to remove the stitches, but even a local doctor or nurse could do that. Every doctor likes you to have follow up visits, but they are not mandatory.

I don't know anything about Dr. Jones. Sorry.

I am very happy with my result from Dr. Keene.

Gorp

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hey seeking.

Never heard of Dr. Jones & I don't believe he is a coaltion member.

You should also check out Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix. He is well respected on this forum & like Dr. Keene is also a coalition Dr.

Good luck & do some more research.

Atomic

Hi,

I am from San Diego and also traveled out of town to Phoenix for my surgery with Dr. Alexander. Traveling is no big deal and I haven't been back to Phoenix for any follow-ups. I was able to get my stitches removed locally (anyone can do it). I had the surgery done on a Friday and flew out of town the next day by noon with a really loose hat on. It was really easy.

I'd look into Dr. Alexander. He is really well known and respected on this network for his work and his results are amazing. It's been almost 18 months for me and I still get compliments on how thick my hair is looking and nobody has suspected that I have had it done. Check out my blog. http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...e-page.asp?WebID=737

best of luck,

osidekid

• 2 years later...

pkoh,

There have been a couple of Dr. Keene's patients who've shared their experience and photos on this forum over the last several years. I recommend using the "search" feature of this forum to see what her patients are saying. Forum member "Gorpy" in one of the above replies is one of them.

In my opinion, Dr. Sharon Keene is doing outstanding, ultra refined work and is definitely worth considering for your next hair transplant procedure.

Best wishes,

Bill