Hey so I am currently 14 weeks into my 1st transplant, we went quite conservative with the hairline and I will be looking to finalize it with a 2nd and bring the sides down along with a bit more temporal work. Ideally what I want is a design something like this.  Just wanted your thoughts on if this seems suitable and how many grafts you think it would be

Thankyou.

potentially.thumb.jpg.accd07b5f6cf5b16a83f227a33f5b92c.jpg

Edited by ReturnIOfTheHairline

• Valued Contributor

You would have already used many single grafts during the construction of your hairline in your 1st surgery ...so its tough to again get so many single grafts to lower your hairline again...bt ths depends on your donor ....i guess from you pics it seems you may need around 1500-1700 for hairline as well as temporal points...

Edited by Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

About 1200

why didn’t you opt for that the first time?

Good question, to be honest I went with docs recommendation with the sides being higher naturally as we age, although its kinda bothering me now. I would just want the green bits filled nothing lower in the front.

here.jpg

59 minutes ago, Archan said:

You would have already used many single grafts during the construction of your hairline in your 1st surgery ...so its tough to again get so many single grafts to lower your hairline again...bt ths depends on your donor ....i guess from you pics it seems you may need around 1500-1700 for hairline as well as temporal points...

1500 to fill just the green bits? The front is good just want to bring the sides down a little bit and temporal points out more.

here.jpg

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, ReturnIOfTheHairline said:

Great, sorry for the misunderstanding. Bad drawing :)

No sorries mate..😊

Wait for the full result and thn take you decision ...by the way who was the surgeon?

--> My Thread

1 minute ago, Archan said:

No sorries mate..😊

Wait for the full result and thn take you decision ...by the way who was the surgeon?

Got it done in Malta, you can see my thread, the work seems quality, just wish i went with my original decision. It will be way better than it was anyway! Oh well u live and learn, for sure will be getting a 2nd to finalize it for good hopefully.

• Valued Contributor
Just now, ReturnIOfTheHairline said:

Got it done in Malta, you can see my thread, the work seems quality, just wish i went with my original decision. It will be way better than it was anyway! Oh well u live and learn, for sure will be getting a 2nd to finalize it for good hopefully.

Yeh its fine...no need to regret this...who knws whn you get all the growth thn you may start liking this hairline .....and if nt thn you can easily have a small touch up with them...can you plz share the link of your post...

• Like 1

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor

Not many grafts at all if it's literally just the corners and not lowering the whole hairline. I've just had some corner work done a week ago and it was less than 400 grafts all in. You might want a little more based on the outline you've drawn, but it should't really be more than 300 per side I'd have thought.

Am I the only one who prefers slightly receded corners?! I think recession looks good, if the hairline has density… my whole hairline has thinned across the front. I always wish it had just receded in the corners but stayed thick! 
Anyway, I think yours looks good mate. Has a nice natural shape. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 6:29 PM, Otis james said:

Am I the only one who prefers slightly receded corners?! I think recession looks good, if the hairline has density… my whole hairline has thinned across the front. I always wish it had just receded in the corners but stayed thick! 
Anyway, I think yours looks good mate. Has a nice natural shape. 

Thanks for the comment, sorry I never received a notification for your reply! MM I would say it depends on the style of the recession, for me I would prefer a more angular recession as apposed to that m shape. Did you have a transplant or not yet?