Is it to late for me...?

Hello, and greetings from Norway!

I'm thinking about getting a hairtransplant, and have reached out to many clinics in both Norway and Turkey. But the answers I'm getting are confusing.

I am 37 years old, and started noticing loosing my hair at the age of 18. Slowly, it has become thinner and thinner.  One day, I took the haircutter, and cut off all my hair. I was tired trying to hide it.

I have lived with a buzzcut for the last 15 years, but I miss my hair. For the last 8 months, I have tried Minoxodill, and LLLT. Cant say my hair on the top is getting any thicker. Therefore, I started looking in to hairtransplant.

But the answers I'm getting is very confusing. Some says that my donor area is to weak, and that my hairloss is to big. They recommend that I dont do the transplant. Others are saying I need 1 big transplant, and that my donor area is strong. But the most answers I am getting, is that I need 2 rounds of transplant.

I would say I'm a NW6/7. I am asian/chinese with typical straight and thick hair.

What are the toughts here on what is realistic for me? I have hair all over my head, but the hair on the top is thin, like babyhairs. 

IMG20230222082126.jpg

IMG20230222082155.jpg

IMG20230222082205.jpg

IMG20230222082214.jpg

• Moderators

It's hard to tell what the donor looks like when the hair is so short. It needs to be grown out more to better assess your donor and if you would be a good candidate.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor

Looks a bit sparse from the pics but still the hairs are too short to judge anythng...if so many clinics turned you down than it won't be a good idea to go on with the hair transplant ... You have such a high grade of baldness and if you dont have enough hair in donor or the donor hairs are too thin thn you won't be able to cover even half of your head..plus you said medicines are not working on you so thts again a big barrier ....

Still if you wanna consult more doctor ls thn you should contact dr zarev ,de pittela and dr Sethi and see what they tell you...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

You need to grow your hair minimum 2 weeks to get evaluation.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.