What is the best time of the year to get surgery?

• For those of you planning surgery, what is the best month of the year to do so?
  • For those who had it done, would you change the month you did get it done?

Thanks

• Like 1

I did mine November 14th, figured I could hibernate some if needed in the winter and be ready for spring, it’s worked out well as my growth really started about 2.5 months out and improved every week from there on, if I had to do it again would probably of went in  early Oct, Halloween is the time of year it starts getting really cold in Mi. With all of that said it depends on an individual’s life style, I love being outside and am an active Mountain biker, wanted to be feeling great come spring, I am just over 3 months out from my surgery and my hair looks really good, much improved from baseline, hairline is better than it was 10 years ago! I’ll update in a week at 3.5 months! 

• Like 2

I had 2 repair procedures at HDC clinic by Dr. Maras:

- 1st repair procedure was in 4th July 2019 under 42 degree without any issues, I didn't care how much it was hot because the 1st clinic (Arenamed from Turkey) botched me badly and I wanted have the frontal repair ASAP.

- 2nd repair procedure on November 2021, same no issues.

• Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Moderators

If you live in an area that has cold winters, then try to go sometime between October and December. That way you can hide out most of the Winter or wear hoodies and hats when you do go out and nobody will suspect anything. Then once the Spring comes you will be getting past the ugly duckling phase and you are good to go with new hair starting to grow in and ready for you to enjoy the Summer with more hair than you had the previous Summer.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I can tell you that the best time of year to get hair transplant surgery will depend your individual preferencse, such as:

1. Comfort: Hair transplant surgery can be a lengthy procedure, and it is important to be comfortable during the process. If you live in an area with extreme temperatures or weather conditions, it may be beneficial to schedule the procedure during a milder season.
  2. Healing time: The healing process after a hair transplant procedure can take several weeks, and it is important to avoid sun exposure, sweating, and other activities that may irritate the scalp during this time. Scheduling the procedure during a less active or busy time of year can help to ensure that you have sufficient time for recovery.
  3. Lifestyle: Consider your work schedule, social obligations, and other commitments when scheduling your hair transplant surgery. Some individuals may prefer to schedule the procedure during a vacation or extended break from work, while others may prefer to work from home during the recovery period.

Overall, there is no "perfect" time of year to get hair transplant surgery, as the decision will depend on your individual situation and preferences. It is important to discuss your options with a qualified hair transplant surgeon and to schedule the procedure at a time that works best for you.

Had my first one done in early November because it's a quieter time than summer, although Christmas was a challenge to try to avoid social events.

Also as someone mentioned above, having it done in the summer would mean you'd need to be careful to avoid sweating and sun exposure. I suppose your location matters as well. In the UK we don't get much sun all year round.

Got my second procedure booked for mid-November. I wanted it done mid-October but I've got a stag do towards the end of the month, so had to postpone it.

• Like 1