Dr. Pittella's Clinic: Just US Pricing w/ Extra Steps?

I reached out to Dr. Pittella's office with the understanding that I'd be quoted the equivalent of Turkish pricing, just in South America rather than Europe. I was told I'll need 5500 grafts, which is nothing new. What surprised me was that they are charging 2USD/graft for a junior surgeon, 3USD/graft for a junior surgeon guided by Dr. Pittella, and 4USD/graft for Dr. Pittella himself. 

Talent aside, since I know he does great work (I'd not have contacted him otherwise)... these prices are INSANE. Did they raise rates with the new influx of patients? I was expecting to get a world-class surgery for 5 to 7k, since that wad the whole point of health-tourism. Am I missing something? 

2 hours ago, g4designs said:

I reached out to Dr. Pittella's office with the understanding that I'd be quoted the equivalent of Turkish pricing, just in South America rather than Europe. I was told I'll need 5500 grafts, which is nothing new. What surprised me was that they are charging 2USD/graft for a junior surgeon, 3USD/graft for a junior surgeon guided by Dr. Pittella, and 4USD/graft for Dr. Pittella himself. 

Talent aside, since I know he does great work (I'd not have contacted him otherwise)... these prices are INSANE. Did they raise rates with the new influx of patients? I was expecting to get a world-class surgery for 5 to 7k, since that wad the whole point of health-tourism. Am I missing something? 

So unless you pay the 4$ per graft, your surgery will be done by junior surgeons of pittella’s clinic. I think 2-3$ are too high for junior surgeons. It’s much better I think to go to Turkey to get your hair transplant for less price with more experienced surgeons. 

• Like 3

• Administrators

He’s a top notch doctor, Zarev whose similar charges 4 euros per graft. 5-7k makes sense if you only need 2,000 grafts, but I’m assuming you’re a Norwood 6/7, which is why you reached out to a doc like Pittella.

5-7k is only achievable at a hair mill in Turkey. The top doctors in Turkey charge 3 euros or $3.50 USD. It’s basically the same price. If you can’t afford a good surgeon, best thing to do is save up, or shave. Remember shaving is free and doing nothing is never a bad thing. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
18 hours ago, g4designs said:

Imo package in which dr pittela himself does the surgery is nt tht costly considering his excellent work...if you can afford it thn don't think much...

If you really cant afford it and can't stretch your budget thn doctors who offer lower price thn him are - dr bicer ,dr Camacho ,Dr nader ,Dr pekiner ,Dr turan , dr yaman ,dr Kongkiat laowrong ...this are the doctors who will quote less thn dr pittela and all of them have shown good results .....bt still i won't consider thm to be any near to dr pittela in terms of consistent results ...

Edited by Archan
  • Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Moderators

I think graft costs in the USA are mostly between $6 and $9, so $4 is cheap.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I'm curious as well.  I know Brazilian prices quite well, and 4 dollars per graft is very expensive for Brazil.  But for the work itself, I'd say 4 dollar a graft is pretty fair, given the quality I've seen from Pittella.  I'm curious if he actually charges 4 dollars per graft to Brazilians, or if this is what he charges to foreigners.  

I know Thiago at the time of my surgery is probably charging on average less than that, or just about, and he's a bigger name in Brazil.

Edited by Fue3361

Check out my journey here: