About to commit to Eugenix in March, getting a bit nervous.

Ok I finally made an account . I'm off to the travel agents later today to hopefully book my flights from Dublin to Delhi for a transplant at Eugenix in mid March and, as is seemingly common, my feet, they are feeling the chill. 

A bit of background. I'm in my early 40's. I started noticing thinning hair in my early 30's, tried Rogaine 5% and later was on 1.25mg fin once a day. I had some pretty good results. But as with many things in life I got complacent, buzzcut my hair on a whim and decided that that was good enough for me and stopped the meds. This was about 6 months before Covid. Fast forward to about this time last year and I see a photo of myself from behind and feck, I just look bald. 

So back on fin nearly 9 months now and decided that a HT might give me back enough hair to frame my face and style in a way that might better express my personality. My ideal being that  when someone sees me their first impression isn't 'bald man'. Much research online, here and reddit mostly, convinced me to blow my original budget and now I have a quote and provisional dates for Dr. Das at Eugenix for 4200 grafts. 
I'm not wealthy, aside from my home, this will be the single biggest outlay of money in my entire life and constitutes my entire savings. I could use some reassurance. 

I'd love to hear from anyone on here who's been how you got on. I'm fairly confident in their transplant results it's all the surrounding things that I'm unsure about. Like what Visa did you go for, tourist or medical? How did payment go did you wire or use credit card on the day? What are the hotels like when you're not on the top packages? Did you stay on for the 7th day head wash and was that worth it? Where did you eat? I can't imagine I'll be leaving my hotel room much but if you did how did you get on, would you be in a position to do any tourist activities? If I stay for the head wash I'll be working remotely from there, you think there'd be any issue with that?. 

For those interested here are my photos I would have submitted for quotes to the various clinics just after Christmas. I'd grown my hair out for 2 months just to see where I was at, I normally rock a 0.5 / 1 blade all over. 

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

1.Tourist visa, i got it in 2 days. 

2. Paying by wire transfer is cheaper when you use for example revolut. Paying by card requires 3% extra fee to total price. 

3. I had surgery with Dr Priyadarshini Das and i stayed in Double Tree by Hilton at Baani Square, it's near clinic. Two days were included in package. I asked Satyam for 2 extra days and he booked it for me with corporate disscount. I didn't stay for head wash. 

4. There was beakfast every day at the Hotel. For dinner and other meals i used app called Zomato. It's popular in India, locals use it so it has good prices. I ate pizza at pizzeria da susy and i can recommend it. Price is not so cheap like on Zomato, but it's nearby Hilton at baani square. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

2 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

1.Tourist visa, i got it in 2 days. 

2. Paying by wire transfer is cheaper when you use for example revolut. Paying by card requires 3% extra fee to total price. 

3. I had surgery with Dr Priyadarshini Das and i stayed in Double Tree by Hilton at Baani Square, it's near clinic. Two days were included in package. I asked Satyam for 2 extra days and he booked it for me with corporate disscount. I didn't stay for head wash. 

4. There was beakfast every day at the Hotel. For dinner and other meals i used app called Zomato. It's popular in India, locals use it so it has good prices. 

thanks for the speedy reply!  this is exactly the sort of information I was looking for. 

• Administrators

You should pm @Zoomster and @IrishWarrior fellow Irishmen, hopefully they can also help ease some of your anxiety. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey mate ..I understand your concerns ..perfectly normal pre procedure..pm your number and I’ll grab a coffee with you in Dublin no problem..talk a few concerns away .

As long as you don’t mind the papparazzi following us 😀

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

Hey mate ..I understand your concerns ..perfectly normal pre procedure..pm your number and I’ll grab a coffee with you in Dublin no problem..talk a few concerns away .

As long as you don’t mind the papparazzi following us 😀

thanks a mill, I'll shoot you a PM. have to say your amazing results are a large part of why I chose this clinic. 

15 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You should pm @Zoomster and @IrishWarrior fellow Irishmen, hopefully they can also help ease some of your anxiety. 

thanks for that, I wasn't sure if it was cool to be contacting people directly. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to send PMs, could be because it's such a new account?

Dear @Mango

Thank you for showcasing your trust in us. 

Just relax and enjoy your time in India. We will do our best to provide the best possible care. 

Our pre-operative team and the concierge team is in touch with you. Please feel to ask them any questions related to visa and paperwork's. 
All the accommodations are provided in 4–5-star hotels. Food delivery apps and hotel buffet shall provide you with multi-cuisine menus. 

It is not necessary to stay in India until you get your first head wash. You can fly after taking rest for a couple of days, post-surgery. 
Our post-surgery care team will be there to assist you through-out your journey. 

In case of any questions, you can send us a personalized message. 

• Valued Contributor

Dont be nervous ...you will be well guided by the team of eugenix and you will be under better hands ...its allrite if u fly back to your country 2 days post op..bt still if you can thn do stay 2 more days just as a precautionary stay...and best of luck ..keep updating ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Mango said:

thanks for that, I wasn't sure if it was cool to be contacting people directly. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to send PMs, could be because it's such a new account?

I’ve bypassed the post limit, you can now pm.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.