Bogota Hairlines. 3000+ grafts. Dr Camacho and team. February 7. Diffuse thinner. 36 years old.

Can't believe it's over. Still here in Colombia. This has been a wild journey. Started losing my hair(diffusely) when I was 20. Reached out to clinics when I was 25 and they all rejected me. Said I was too young and that I pretty much needed to accept it. But I stayed on propecia and rogaine. And 10 years later my hair was still exactly the same. So I started reaching out to doctors again. And this time I was getting accepted. 

I made an appointment to go to turkey in January. But as time went by I started feeling uneasy about it. Just something was telling me not to do it. Especially with me being a diffuse thinner I needed somebody who specialized in these cases. So I listened to my gut and cancelled my appointment to turkey and started researching more. And that led me to Bogota hairlines. I couldn't believe some of the results Dr Camacho was getting in diffuse thinners. And with so few grafts. So I reached out to their team and they got back to me within days. In a weeks time we had a surgical plan all set. Originally it was only gonna be 2000-25000 grafts. But when I met Dr Camacho in person on Tuesday we bumped it up to 3k. 

The surgery went great. Dr Camacho was assisted by Dr Gina Carranza who was also amazing. Their whole team is extremely professional and caring. I know deep down I made the right choice. Johnny and abraham handled all the logistics. With rides and picking me up. Two humble dudes who made the whole process go by way smoother. Helped me out with anything I needed. Now let's get to the pics. 

Edited by -TheHairUpThere-

I'll be posting pics maybe every 1-2 months. I'm not expecting superb density as my hair is naturally thin. But I'll be happy with a solid improvement. This was always a 2 procedure plan for me. Just hoping this first one can at least get me to a respectable place. 

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, -TheHairUpThere- said:

I'll be posting pics maybe every 1-2 months. I'm not expecting superb density as my hair is naturally thin. But I'll be happy with a solid improvement. This was always a 2 procedure plan for me. Just hoping this first one can at least get me to a respectable place. 

Yeh dr camacho is a vry good surgeon and producing very good results...works looks clean frm post op pics and implantation looks perfect....i guess with 3k implanted grafts and all those existing grafts of urs u will get a very good result and density would be adequate ...in my opinion u will nt need a 2nd surgery if u be on proper medication ...

Will follow ur journey and wish u a good growth...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

9 minutes ago, Archan said:

Yeh dr camacho is a vry good surgeon and producing very good results...works looks clean frm post op pics and implantation looks perfect....i guess with 3k implanted grafts and all those existing grafts of urs u will get a very good result and density would be adequate ...in my opinion u will nt need a 2nd surgery if u be on proper medication ...

Will follow ur journey and wish u a good growth...

Thanks. Appreciate that. I just felt I would need to come back to really fill in the crown area. Seems the main focus was on the front half and midscalp. Which is understandable. Wouldn't mind doing one more if need be. But thanks for the feedback. Also hoping for the best. 

3000 with what you still have should get you decent density. you might have to deal with shock loss at your recipient area because it is thinning there. i think it is very important that u use at a minimum monoxidyl or fin  right away to help with regrowth and further loss.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, -TheHairUpThere- said:

Thanks. Appreciate that. I just felt I would need to come back to really fill in the crown area. Seems the main focus was on the front half and midscalp. Which is understandable. Wouldn't mind doing one more if need be. But thanks for the feedback. Also hoping for the best. 

U welcome..u can use oral minoxidil and finasteride after consulting ur surgeon ...tht would help u immensely for ths surgery as well as later on to preserve ur existing grafts and make thm thicker and fuller so u get a good coverage ..and once u get recovery frm ths transplant u can consider some sessions of prp as well..so medication with prp will help you restore ur crown and other grafts those are miniaturised 

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Oh yes I've been on propecia for 12 years. It's the only reason I still have my hair. Lol. It worked wonders for me. Also on 10% minoxodil. I was on oral and it helped a lot with regrowth. But I stopped like 3 months ago and went though a pretty big shed. Didn't realize how much oral minox really helped me. So I'll probably get back on soon. But I'm pretty confident with propecia and minox I can hold onto my pre existing hair for a very long time. 

Can I ask how long the day was from when you got there in the morning until you left for the day?

Also, how many days after surgery are you flying back? I'm haven't booked my return flight yet, thinking of waiting 4-5 days after surgery just to play it safe and not swell on the plane...But maybe that's overkill??

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mofo said:

Can I ask how long the day was from when you got there in the morning until you left for the day?

Also, how many days after surgery are you flying back? I'm haven't booked my return flight yet, thinking of waiting 4-5 days after surgery just to play it safe and not swell on the plane...But maybe that's overkill??

Nah I'm actually flying back next Friday the 17th. Just cause I wanted to wait for all my scabs to fall off. Just the thought of tsa asking me to take my beanie off gave me anxiety. Lol. But on the way here they never asked me to take it off so I was prolly just being paranoid. 

I got picked up at 7am. And met with the doctor to discuss the process. Maybe got started at 8. First they take pics and shave your head. Then the anesthesia. Then the extraction. Then lunch around noon. Back to do the implantation at 12:30. And was done by about 4. Then they took more pics. So probably gone no later than 5. So not too bad. But I truly can't understand how some people do mega sessions of 4-5k grafts. My body was getting so restless. I was so relieved when it was done.

But I think it'll all be worth it. Dr Camacho and the whole team are very professional. Elite level clinic. You'll be fine. But I don't think flying back 5 days after is overkill. I'm 3 days post now and still got some swelling in my forehead. But after the first night there was no pain whatsoever. Just gotta be careful sleeping and not touching your head obviously. But in the meantime you can enjoy some good food while you're here. That's what I'm doing. Literally hundreds of delivery services around the hotel that accept American credit cards through an app called rappi. I'm eating like a king every day for no more than 20 bucks. Lol. It's a beautiful place. I'm gonna go explore it more before I leave. 

Thanks so much for all of that info! Yeah that's a long day of just laying still for sure.

Good to know about the swelling still happening at 3 days...that was my main concern for flying back earlier than that.

Thanks again and keep us posted!!

• Thanks 1

• -TheHairUpThere- changed the title to Bogota Hairlines. 3000+ grafts. Dr Camacho and team. February 7. Diffuse thinner. 36 years old.
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 9:44 AM, mofo said:

Hey Hair up There! How's it going so far? 

I'm back from Bogota at 3 weeks now. I'm posting my experience/progress here if interested:

Hey what's up!....just crossed 3 months. Still in the ugly duckling phase but also right at the stage where things are getting started. Donor is looking solid. Started noticing hairs coming in a couple weeks ago. Especially in the hairline. I'm gonna make an update at 4 months. Just remaining patient and hoping for the best. But the recovery has went great. I'll keep tabs on your journey. You look like you have much thicker hair than me so you should have a great improvement. 

My only concern for myself is that maybe they went too strong in the hairline and not enough in the midscalp. But maybe I'm just being paranoid. But I'm just gonna try not to stress about it and think positive. Post HT anxiety is real. Lol. But Good luck to you. I'm gonna keep tabs on your thread. 

Thanks for chiming in!  Looking forward to your 4 month mark.

I'm in the same boat concerning more in the front hairline and less for the rest. They asked me, and they did what I asked. I'm still good with my decision...I also have to remember that all/most of the hairs in the front are the single grafts, and the ones in the middle and back are 2/3 grafts, so even though the front looks like 'more', at the end of the day the thickness should even out (fingers crossed). My guess is that I'll do a second HT sometime down the road, but I'll wait at least a year if not a few years to see how the aging 'normal' hairs and new hairs mingle.

I'm at 5 weeks now and most/all of the transplanted hairs have shed (I can tell the ones that haven't because they are sticking straight up). I used to look closely in the mirror everyday, but now its every few days and trying not to pay too much attention...almost pretending that nothing happened.

Good luck to all of us!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mofo said:

Thanks for chiming in!  Looking forward to your 4 month mark.

I'm in the same boat concerning more in the front hairline and less for the rest. They asked me, and they did what I asked. I'm still good with my decision...I also have to remember that all/most of the hairs in the front are the single grafts, and the ones in the middle and back are 2/3 grafts, so even though the front looks like 'more', at the end of the day the thickness should even out (fingers crossed). My guess is that I'll do a second HT sometime down the road, but I'll wait at least a year if not a few years to see how the aging 'normal' hairs and new hairs mingle.

I'm at 5 weeks now and most/all of the transplanted hairs have shed (I can tell the ones that haven't because they are sticking straight up). I used to look closely in the mirror everyday, but now its every few days and trying not to pay too much attention...almost pretending that nothing happened.

Good luck to all of us!!

Oh yea pretty much all of my new hairs had fallen out by 4 weeks. Even by 2 weeks I had lost quite a bite through normal washing. But I know that's normal for hairs to come out with the scabs. But I think hairs are permanently lodged after like a week so I'm not worried about it. 

And yea the plan was always to do a 2nd for the crown and mid scalp after a year. Just gotta wait for the full results of this one before I seek consultations. But for sure. I'll update in about a month. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Ok. Thought I should check in for an update. 4 months 1 week at the moment. I would say growth started kicking in around 3 months. I'll upload each month. 

Below is 11 days. And then 1 month and 2 months. I shed about 90% of my grafts by month 1. I was happy with the density at day 11. But even by then I had lost quite a few hairs while washing off the scabs. 

11 days

933C7E7C-91C1-4124-9479-653F563E6416.jpeg

1 month

DB6FCE80-5072-4B10-A898-E20B00608EA4.jpeg

2 months

FF6594B1-DF93-4603-AFBA-E571C43AF937.jpeg

Now here is 3 and 4 months. So definitely an improvement. Hairs have gotten darker. But density is still very thin and whispy at moment. Can still see my entire scalp. My hair actually looked better last week but I had a minor shed. But not stressing about it. I know It's still early. For me, 8 months is what I always had my eyes set on. Right now I'm Just trusting the process and trying to enjoy the ride. I'll be back next month for another update. 

3 months

0C0141D5-A1AC-44BE-A667-A0B00756411D.thumb.jpeg.a1047db264e671040c916671d93c3940.jpeg

4 months

5E3FD496-C518-4DC9-8CED-986A39C81DBE.thumb.jpeg.89faf0e8ce22a7e7ea4266b0e23b7972.jpeg

• Administrators

Looks good 👍🏼 the fun starts now.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...