Finasteride for my hair

Hello guys 

Im 33 years old. My hairloss starts at 25-26 years and the status is the same like 2 years.

I planned a hairtransplant next year or 2025. Does it make sense to take finasteride before hairtransplant?

Thanks for your help. 

1849DD5C-8364-4B23-BF88-010CC3B02E48.jpeg

• Administrators

Most definitely get on fin ASAP. Wait at least 6 months before considering surgery again. You may get some good regrowth. I would also look into oral minoxidil and topical dutasteride. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Most definitely get on fin ASAP. Wait at least 6 months before considering surgery again. You may get some good regrowth. I would also look into oral minoxidil and topical dutasteride. 

Thanks for your answer, Melvin. 

Ok! I Plan the HT 2025 maybe later. Can you give me more information about oral minoxidil? I hear that the first time.

Topical dutasteride? Is not the same like finasteride? Where can I get this?

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, ener said:

Thanks for your answer, Melvin. 

Ok! I Plan the HT 2025 maybe later. Can you give me more information about oral minoxidil? I hear that the first time.

Topical dutasteride? Is not the same like finasteride? Where can I get this?

Yeh u shud start the medication asap...u can take finasteride 1mg daily or at least evry alternate day...and go with oral minoxidil 2.5mg a day to begin with...i am on both since long..taking 1mg finasteride daily and 5 mg minoxidil daily...it works wonderful if u dnt get any side effects u can continue using it..u cn even consider prp therapy which will boost up ur existing grafts and thn medication will help to hold on to the boost you get frm prp therapy ..

Am editing the post to show u the difference after medication 

Picsart_23-01-11_16-12-47-888.jpg

Picsart_23-01-11_16-14-49-786.jpg

Edited by Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

4 hours ago, Archan said:

Yeh u shud start the medication asap...u can take finasteride 1mg daily or at least evry alternate day...and go with oral minoxidil 2.5mg a day to begin with...i am on both since long..taking 1mg finasteride daily and 5 mg minoxidil daily...it works wonderful if u dnt get any side effects u can continue using it..u cn even consider prp therapy which will boost up ur existing grafts and thn medication will help to hold on to the boost you get frm prp therapy ..

Am editing the post to show u the difference after medication 

Picsart_23-01-11_16-12-47-888.jpg

Picsart_23-01-11_16-14-49-786.jpg

Hello @Archan 

thanks for your answer.

That looks fantastic! I will test it and I hope I get no sideeffects. So you don’t need HT but you must take the medication for ever, right?

• Valued Contributor
4 minutes ago, ener said:

Hello @Archan 

thanks for your answer.

That looks fantastic! I will test it and I hope I get no sideeffects. So you don’t need HT but you must take the medication for ever, right?

Yeh medications are 4ever...thts bad thng abt thm...cause this medication isnt curing anythng...it is use to slow down the process of badling and make ur hair fuller and thicker ..bt once u stop them the balding process starts..😢

And u may consult a gud physician for ths...

--> My Thread

25 minutes ago, Archan said:

Yeh medications are 4ever...thts bad thng abt thm...cause this medication isnt curing anythng...it is use to slow down the process of badling and make ur hair fuller and thicker ..bt once u stop them the balding process starts..😢

And u may consult a gud physician for ths...

@Archan Hmm I will thinking about this because I don’t want take it 4ever. Medication is not good for a body. 

My Hairloss is the same like 2 years, so I think it „stoppt“.

but thanks a lot for your answer and helping. 

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, ener said:

@Archan Hmm I will thinking about this because I don’t want take it 4ever. Medication is not good for a body. 

My Hairloss is the same like 2 years, so I think it „stoppt“.

but thanks a lot for your answer and helping. 

You are always welcome...yeh u can think and thn take ur decision ..and if nothng works out..bald is better...jst shave it off and live peacefully and enjoy...😅

• Like 1

--> My Thread

• 2 months later...
  • Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@A_4_Archan this is a massive difference! Zoomster also regrew his lower crown after being in Finasteride after his first procedure. All the best! 👍

Thnks...yeh i got huge improvement..even my frontal part is improved which is rare....

Picsart_23-04-16_18-58-36-381.jpg

--> My Thread