Side sleepers - how long till back to normal sleep?

I'm 4 days post OP from a FUT procedure.  Doctor said it's fine to lay on your side (even on the staples) since there weren't any temple grafts.  However, that area is pretty tender so i'm sleeping on my back with a neck pillow.  But this has really hurt my sleep quality, so i'm looking forward to going back on my side.  For other side sleepers, especially those with a FUT procedure, how long did it take you before you went back to your side?  Two full weeks (when the staples are removed)? 

Edited by MaximusEastwood

I am a side sleeper.

I toughed it out for about 13-14 days. I decided to wait until my scabs were off because I didn't want to accidently press on them when I was sleeping. (I got scabs of at day 11 though, just to get to be sure)

I just accepted that my sleep quality would be pretty bad for about two weeks, would rather have poor sleep than a bad transplant.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• 4 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

I was sitting up sleeping for a week after my first surgery just over a year ago. This time around about the same. Both procedures had grafts placed in the scars in the donor area which made sleeping even more trickier. The time passes quick enough though.