Planning FUT this Fall. 24M

24 years old male, eastern Europe. Receding hairline. Need about 2000-2700 grafts. Budget is 7 000 usd. Been on this forum for a while and I am consuming Hair transplant content for years. Been on finasteride 1mg/day for 7 months and I think my hairloss slowed down. I want to undergo a HT surgery this year around october-november and I want to do FUT (to maximize grafts). I am currently flirting with two options : Dr. Saifi from Poland od Dr. Pathomvanich from Thailand. Traveling to Poland is 4 hours drive whilst traveling to Thailand is 12 hour flight. Price seems very similiar around 6k usd for 2400grafts but in case I decide to go with Dr. Pathomvanich I also have to buy plane tickets and some accomodation (1-1.5K more). If you have any recommendations within my budget let me know. Also thinking about my non-existent temporal peaks. probably need to reconstruct them to frame my face.

IMG_4778.jpg

IMG_4780.jpg

IMG_4781.jpg

Edited by Hairdom

Don’t do it yet, you’re too young. Wait another 2-3 years and do more research. You’ve only been on fin for 7 months, I would also consider adding oral minoxidil and switching to dutasteride if you have no sides on fin. You can get back a significant amount of density by combining oral min and dut for a year. I also think FUT would be a mistake, your hair loss isn’t that severe and FUT is only a good option when you need a large number of grafts (over 3000). There are much better surgeons in Europe for a similar price than the ones you’re considering. Most of the elite docs will reject you as a patient and tell you to wait.

Edited by Tiger2050

3 hours ago, HugoX said:

Looks like you live in Europe so you have plenty of surgeons to pick from, any particular reason you have those 2 as your options? 

I have seen some decent consistent results from these two and they both do FUT and FUE (I want to do FUT but want to chose a surgeon that does both) Do you have any other names in your head that would fit my budget?

57 minutes ago, Tiger2050 said:

Don’t do it yet, you’re too young. Wait another 2-3 years and do more research. My hair loss got noticeably worse between age 24 to 27 even though I was on fin. You’ve only been on fin for 7 months, I would also consider adding oral minoxidil and switching to dutasteride if you have no sides on fin. You can get back a significant amount of density by combining oral min and dut for a year. I also think FUT would be a mistake, your hair loss isn’t that severe and FUT is only a good option when you need a large number of grafts (over 3000). There are much better surgeons in Europe for a similar price than the ones you’re considering. Most of the elite docs will reject you as a patient and tell you to wait.

I can not wait. I am thinking about for 5 years now. I have to go with FUT in case my condition gets worse to have more grafts to maybe do 2 FUTs and then FUE later in my 30s. I know how much it would help me mentaly. Duta is not important right now I will se what 1 year on fin does and then maybe add oral minox but I have to study risks before I do that. My dad has heart condition and my mother died to brain cancer so I do not want to risk any health/heart issues.

7 hours ago, Hairdom said:

I have seen some decent consistent results from these two and they both do FUT and FUE (I want to do FUT but want to chose a surgeon that does both) Do you have any other names in your head that would fit my budget?

I can not wait. I am thinking about for 5 years now. I have to go with FUT in case my condition gets worse to have more grafts to maybe do 2 FUTs and then FUE later in my 30s. I know how much it would help me mentaly. Duta is not important right now I will se what 1 year on fin does and then maybe add oral minox but I have to study risks before I do that. My dad has heart condition and my mother died to brain cancer so I do not want to risk any health/heart issues.

It’ll be hard to hide an fut scar with the haircut you have now but I agree more lifetime grafts if you go fut, you’ll have to keep your donor no shorter then a 4 guard

Your hair looks great and your are way too young. No one can say if you will tolerate finasteride for the next 30 years. If not, you would have a big problem with the planned aggressive hairline. FUT is also the wrong method, in my opinion it is only worth it for a large graft amount.

6 minutes ago, Forty Six & 2 said:

Your hair looks great and your are way too young. No one can say if you will tolerate finasteride for the next 30 years. If not, you would have a big problem with the planned aggressive hairline. FUT is also the wrong method, in my opinion it is only worth it for a large graft amount.

Like 3k+ or more?

22 minutes ago, Forty Six & 2 said:

I would only do it as a high NW and then get the maximum out of it (4.000-6.000 Grafts). This is just my opinion, in smaller cases I would not take the risk of FUT.

I’ve seen some good cases from Konior and wong where the strip couldn’t even be seen at a 3 guard. I think fut in the right hands can still be worth it

You’re giving yourself good odds by having the balls to go for FUT. Get it while you’re young and you’ll enjoy your youth more. Use finasteride too. Rebuilding that hairline won’t take too many grafts. Temple points make a huge difference for a small number of grafts.  You could look into Dr Feller and Bloxham in New York. Dr Ball in the UK. 

On 2/1/2023 at 2:23 AM, Forty Six & 2 said:

I would only do it as a high NW and then get the maximum out of it (4.000-6.000 Grafts). This is just my opinion, in smaller cases I would not take the risk of FUT.

2000 grafts or more is considered a large case, 4 to 6k is a megasession, FUT only isn't worth if you're getting 1900 grafts or less, in my opinion.

Edited by Henry

Good luck my friend, I had mine done when I was 25.

I'm sure you're aware that the doctor will also put grafts in your existing hair also to help thicken it?
They'll also likely do the whole hairline and not leave any gaps.

image.png.687c3b89eb920ff4efa7906c73de89e5.png

• Valued Contributor
On 1/26/2023 at 10:36 PM, Hairdom said:

24 years old male, eastern Europe. Receding hairline. Need about 2000-2700 grafts. Budget is 7 000 usd. Been on this forum for a while and I am consuming Hair transplant content for years. Been on finasteride 1mg/day for 7 months and I think my hairloss slowed down. I want to undergo a HT surgery this year around october-november and I want to do FUT (to maximize grafts). I am currently flirting with two options : Dr. Saifi from Poland od Dr. Pathomvanich from Thailand. Traveling to Poland is 4 hours drive whilst traveling to Thailand is 12 hour flight. Price seems very similiar around 6k usd for 2400grafts but in case I decide to go with Dr. Pathomvanich I also have to buy plane tickets and some accomodation (1-1.5K more). If you have any recommendations within my budget let me know. Also thinking about my non-existent temporal peaks. probably need to reconstruct them to frame my face.

IMG_4778.jpg

IMG_4780.jpg

IMG_4781.jpg

I would repeat the same line as all of them "You are too young for a hair transplant"..but seeing your posts i feel you are adamant and will go with the surgery anyhow 😅

if you wanna go for it thn in my opinion fut wud be a better choice to preserve grafts for ur future hair loss..

actually if u go for a fue thn considering the density of your existing hair which needed to be match with the implanted grafts and considering your goals i guess u will need around 2k grafts..so u cn go with fue at this stage only if you dont have family history of hairloss and if there is any surety tht you wont have further hair loss...so u cn consult a surgeon who is good at both the technique and take his opinion 

You can go through the recommended list ovr here and have online consultations ..U cn consider konior and wong..they r gud with fut..dr path is a gud option if u have budget issues...dr path has shown pretty good results as well...

U can have prp therapy as well to boost your existing grafts...just dont get so impatient and take ur time and thn take ur decision wisely...all the best...and do keep updating 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023