URGENT PLEASE NEED HELP ( BAD FUE 2500 I'M 24 YO, REPAIR WITH 1000 NEXT WEEK)

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, DavidFrancis said:

Hello!

Yes Lupanzula, but he doesnt' want remove grafts, just densify. 
About minoxidil and fin, it has no effects .. i shedding very very miniaturized hair. I suspect the dry of my scalp to be at origin.

How long have you been taking fin/min?

Minoxidil and finasteride can take a while to really show their worth, and both medications can/will cause some initial shedding (those hairs will grow back).

Just now, Berba11 said:

How long have you been taking fin/min?

Minoxidil and finasteride can take a while to really show their worth, and both medications can/will cause some initial shedding (those hairs will grow back).

Since 1 year … I will try rosemary oil too, but i don’t understand why im still shedding

2 hours ago, DavidFrancis said:

Lupanzula, but he doesnt' want remove grafts

Can you specify why the doctor does not want to remove grafts?

Its funny to me how doctors can call a surgery a "repair" when their whole plan for repair is nothing but implants.

It allows them to charge very expensive repair-level pricing but the surgery itself is no different really from a non-repair surgery

Another reason could be that many doctors simply dont have the skill level to properly extract bad grafts. 

Doctors will generally only sell you on surgery plans they feel comfortable doing. A doctor with poor skill level in extractions is not going to be touting extraction as part of his services to you

Or....there is of course the honest and genuine possibility that lupanzula thinks the bad grafts are not bad enough to warrant extraction, and/or some other legitimate reason for this

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Can you specify why the doctor does not want to remove grafts?

Its funny to me how doctors can call a surgery a "repair" when their whole plan for repair is nothing but implants.

It allows them to charge very expensive repair-level pricing but the surgery itself is no different really from a non-repair surgery

Another reason could be that many doctors simply dont have the skill level to properly extract bad grafts. 

Doctors will generally only sell you on surgery plans they feel comfortable doing. A doctor with poor skill level in extractions is not going to be touting extraction as part of his services to you

Or....there is of course the honest and genuine possibility that lupanzula thinks the bad grafts are not bad enough to warrant extraction, and/or some other legitimate reason for this

Lupanzula did 1,300 extractions for C-list UK celeb Kyle Christie and he did a brilliant job of it. So he can definitely do that kind of repair to a high level.

Also it may just be that some surgeons have said that covering the problem area is what they'd do. But if the patient says they want their hairline raised they'll likely agree.

• Like 1

He told me that it will leave necessarly scaring and it’s not a good idea. 
But i really want to remove them, ( by the way, have you an idea of price for 700 grafts removal ) 

I must now find a solution for stop my hair loss, i learned a lot in this forum, but nothing works for me …

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, DavidFrancis said:

He told me that it will leave necessarly scaring and it’s not a good idea. 
But i really want to remove them, ( by the way, have you an idea of price for 700 grafts removal ) 

I must now find a solution for stop my hair loss, i learned a lot in this forum, but nothing works for me …

I know that Feriduni charges around €10 per graft from repair extractions. It’s very expensive to get this kind of repair, but at the end of the day if you want it done well with little to no scarring then it will cost a lot. 

4 hours ago, DavidFrancis said:

Since 1 year … I will try rosemary oil too, but i don’t understand why im still shedding

Shedding is really a curious thing. I think it could be a chronic telogen effluvium due to Covid or stress. I've been on Oral Minoxidil and topical dutasteride directly after microneedling for the past 9 months and there's no visible improvement and I still shed like a dog. Recently I incroporated oral dutasteride twice a week into my regimen, so let's see If that could lead to any improvement.  

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

I know that Feriduni charges around €10 per graft from repair extractions. It’s very expensive to get this kind of repair, but at the end of the day if you want it done well with little to no scarring then it will cost a lot. 

Okay thanks, And with Mwamba or Bisanga ? There are scarring ? 

3 minutes ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

Shedding is really a curious thing. I think it could be a chronic telogen effluvium due to Covid or stress. I've been on Oral Minoxidil and topical dutasteride directly after microneedling for the past 9 months and there's no visible improvement and I still shed like a dog. Recently I incroporated oral dutasteride twice a week into my regimen, so let's see If that could lead to any improvement.  

My hair loss began with the covid, but it’s not a tellogen effluvium, i have several diameters in hairs falled. Good luck with dut, tell me if it’s working for you. Are you on finasteride ? And which dosage for your oral minox ?

Thanks man. I was on topical finasteride from summer 2022 to 2023. Never took the oral version. As to Oral Minox, I took a 1.25 mg dose for 2 months, 2.5mg for 5 months, and 5mg for 2 and a half months

31 minutes ago, DavidFrancis said:

There are scarring ? 

there is scarring with ANY type of incision on the scalp.

the difference is that bad doctors will cause needless scarring, perhaps visible, and the scarring can be a great challenge for future hair transplants, or it can perhaps even cause general scalp conditions or other medical issues

Whereas good doctors will have scarring - but it will not be visible, and it will not significantly complicate your prognosis or ability for future hair transplants. 

If scarring is not visible to the naked eye and it does not impact future HTs or your general health, then it is somewhat of an irrelevant factor. 

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, DavidFrancis said:

Okay thanks, And with Mwamba or Bisanga ? There are scarring ? 

The question isn’t whether there will be scarring but rather, will it be *visible*. Those doctors you’ve listed are very good and will have a lot of experience of repair work and hairline extraction so would probably do an excellent job for you. 

No one here can tell you if you’ll have visible scarring or not. We can only suggest doctors to consult with who have shown good work in such cases previously. You should get an in-person consultation with all of them. 

All right, thank you for your advice, you've put my mind at rest. I was quite afraid of scars. My first priority is to find a way of slowing down the fall, then I'll see about removing the 800-900 grafts. I also think it's due to sensitivity to DHT, even if the level is reduced, the folicles are probably more sensitive.