Dr Arshad/Hair Dr - 3100 grafts Feb 22

Hi,

I'll post my journey in more detail later (since the surgeon and team need a lot of credit) but since Im approaching a year post surgery I was reflecting on the difference the procedure had made to my appearance, and thought I'd post to get some feedback from others.

I was a Norwood 5a so as a first surgery we focussed on the hairline and midscalp with a smaller number in the crown. Given my age and extent of my loss, we also decided on a fairly conservative hairline.

Im unsure whether I'll opt for a second surgery (and if I did it would be for density in the crown and maybe a tidy up at the front to pack the grafts a little).

Here's me looking pretty sad about the situation just before surgery:

IMG_20230120_123401.thumb.jpg.52ef5914b37b1d53d8a393a3025b130f.jpg

IMG_20230120_124647.jpg.5b9ff4bdb21908d37b481eeedc86aa0d.jpg

And a couple from the past few weeks:

IMG_20230120_123149.thumb.jpg.dbf4672463f68a8d74ca202a3bd06d8b.jpg

IMG_20230101_094245.thumb.jpg.23522072230c787b08bc5056d03e65bc.jpg

Hairline in bright light:

IMG_20230120_130148.thumb.jpg.b4a1f4b0c7980eee0a43496358e7c002.jpg

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
Added picture
  • Like 1

• BackFromTheBrink changed the title to Dr Arshad/Hair Dr - 3100 grafts Feb 22
  • Administrators

Everything looks fantastic, when did you notice growth?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Everything looks fantastic, when did you notice growth?

Thanks Melvin.

I had quite a large amount of shockloss in the recipient area due to the weakness of the hairs.

I had miraculously early growth though - fine hairs after just 5 weeks. It grew steadily over the year and fortunately I'm still seeing growth in the crown. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @BackFromTheBrink

Congratulations on your successful hair transplant. Your transformation is truly remarkable and very natural. 

Regards

Adam 

I am a clinic representative for Dr Arshad at The Hair Dr Clinic in Leeds, UK

The posts submitted here are my own views and not that of the doctor or the clinic. 

www.hairdr.co.uk

• Valued Contributor

This is a fantastic result...so much of coverage with jst 3100 grafts..hard to achieve ...so grafts utilisation would have been very accurately and efficiently done....and there would be near to 0 transection rate...enjoy..❤️

If u have thn plz post pics of the surgery day so can see the grafts placement properly ...😊

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 hours ago, Adam Hair Dr Clinic Leeds said:

Hi @BackFromTheBrink

Congratulations on your successful hair transplant. Your transformation is truly remarkable and very natural. 

Regards

Adam 

Thanks Adam! The clinic have been great, starting with you calming me down on the day of the procedure just about a year ago. I'm due to come back at some point soon for my annual check up so I can say thank you in person when I do 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archan said:

This is a fantastic result...so much of coverage with jst 3100 grafts..hard to achieve ...so grafts utilisation would have been very accurately and efficiently done....and there would be near to 0 transection rate...enjoy..❤️

If u have thn plz post pics of the surgery day so can see the grafts placement properly ...😊

It's voodoo as far as I can tell. With a large head and the extent of the loss, I've no idea how he did it.

Will post a photo after the surgery later.

Even after a year I have an itchy head where hairs are breaking the scalp (I assume just thickening up), and it's looking denser.

This is me today under a harsh overhead electric light...

IMG_20230131_191806.jpg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

It's voodoo as far as I can tell. With a large head and the extent of the loss, I've no idea how he did it.

Will post a photo after the surgery later.

Even after a year I have an itchy head where hairs are breaking the scalp (I assume just thickening up), and it's looking denser.

This is me today under a harsh overhead electric light...

IMG_20230131_191806.jpg

Wow..looking great...so nw its like u r enjoying your new hair rather thn digging into how he did it ...happy for u😊

I hope i get such a good result ..

--> My Thread

15 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Thanks Adam! The clinic have been great, starting with you calming me down on the day of the procedure just about a year ago. I'm due to come back at some point soon for my annual check up so I can say thank you in person when I do 🙂

Will be great to see you for the 12 month follow up! and I am glad you had a good experience. 👍

Regards

Adam

I am a clinic representative for Dr Arshad at The Hair Dr Clinic in Leeds, UK

The posts submitted here are my own views and not that of the doctor or the clinic. 

www.hairdr.co.uk

• Valued Contributor
On 2/1/2023 at 3:44 AM, BackFromTheBrink said:

Here's the day afterwards showing placement. As you can see, the grafts were placed at different density in 3 areas from front to back.

IMG_20230131_221154.thumb.jpg.10db591530f09273cc3f5290eb38f483.jpg

Nice placement of grafts 

--> My Thread

Definitely some of the reason the graft count was relatively low. The mix of density and selection of follicular unit counts was carefully considered too.

We'd originally planned to use a little more on the crown but towards the end of the day the anaesthetic was becoming less effective so we had to call it a day.

• Valued Contributor

Very well planned and good tht some grafts were saved due to the anaesthetic condition cause u already got good result with the grafts used and the saved grafts wud be helpful in future if u need a 2nd ht 

--> My Thread

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

An update, since it still seems to be maturing, even after 12 months. I have a couple to pimples in my crown, brought back memories of the days of lots of growth 😊

IMG_20230409_210919.jpg

Did you get a lot of pimples when it started growing?

2 minutes ago, airporteffect said:

Did you get a lot of pimples when it started growing?

I did, from time to time. I think the skin is thicker in the crown generally so the hairs pushing through cause pimples. The mid scalp was similar, but I had relatively few in the frontal third. 

I began to welcome it since it was a sign of progress. Some aloe vera helped sooth it.

2 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I did, from time to time. I think the skin is thicker in the crown generally so the hairs pushing through cause pimples. The mid scalp was similar, but I had relatively few in the frontal third. 

I began to welcome it since it was a sign of progress. Some aloe vera helped sooth it.

I got absolutely wrecked by acne (primarily in the hairline of the recipient area) during month 2. I had massive white headed pimples on top of other massive white headed pimples haha. It’s been brutal for sure. Hoping that it doesn’t linger as long as yours have. 

Edit: FWIW, I can’t see any pimples in the photo you most recently posted.

Edited by airporteffect

Just now, airporteffect said:

I got absolutely wrecked by acne (primarily in the hairline of the recipient area) during month 2. I had massive white headed pimples on top of other massive white headed pimples haha. It’s been brutal for sure. Hoping that it doesn’t linger as long as yours have. 

Mine was nothing like that bad. Im sure yours will clear up once you get through the heavy growth phase. 

My scalp is pretty clear, the couple of have at the moment look like new hairs 😲

Just now, BackFromTheBrink said:

Mine was nothing like that bad. Im sure yours will clear up once you get through the heavy growth phase. 

My scalp is pretty clear, the couple of have at the moment look like new hairs 😲

Glad to hear it. I never got much acne during puberty so I was sitting here confused as hell as a 33 year old hahaha. I had to go on antibiotics.

2 minutes ago, airporteffect said:

Glad to hear it. I never got much acne during puberty so I was sitting here confused as hell as a 33 year old hahaha. I had to go on antibiotics.

I guess it's just a case of trying to keep your scalp clean. You do have thousands of cuts on your scalp so it's easy to get some infection. I assume the doctor said it was folliculitis?

Just now, BackFromTheBrink said:

I guess it's just a case of trying to keep your scalp clean. You do have thousands of cuts on your scalp so it's easy to get some infection. I assume the doctor said it was folliculitis?

Yeah, he did. It’s just weird that it set in well after the cuts healed. I’ve been watching with antibacterial soap a few times a day which has seemed to help.

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

I guess I'm pretty much at the end of my journey (for now). I'm 10 months post second surgery and happy with where I've managed to get to.

IMG_20240427_171019.thumb.jpg.c2635d667790af3ff5e98b6ab6ace137.jpg

The forum and community have allowed me to navigate the murky waters of the hair transplant industry and I'm sure I wouldn't have a successful outcome without it, so thank you all 🙂

• Like 2