Sun exposure to winter sun

I had my HT 2 month and 19 days ago, and being in winter I didn't bother with bringing a hat for a long walk around the city as I didn't expect a cloudless sky. The temperature was 17 C, UV index 2-3 and there was no sunburn symptoms of any sort. Added to that I'm of an olive complextion so I never got burned even in the summer. So is there a risk for the survival of the grafts or am I in the clear? 

3 hours ago, lastfolliculestanding said:

I had my HT 2 month and 19 days ago, and being in winter I didn't bother with bringing a hat for a long walk around the city as I didn't expect a cloudless sky. The temperature was 17 C, UV index 2-3 and there was no sunburn symptoms of any sort. Added to that I'm of an olive complextion so I never got burned even in the summer. So is there a risk for the survival of the grafts or am I in the clear? 

The big thing with sun exposure is to avoid sun burns which can damage skin. You are most likely fine, don't worry too much 

• Like 1

@lastfolliculestanding

in general, it is good to cover the scalp when exposing it to the sun especially for a long period of time. However, if you feel confident that your scalp won’t burn because it never has before in similar circumstances, then you should be fine.  Also, since you had your hair transplant over two months ago, your hair transplant really isn’t at risk as the follicles are fully secured beneath the service of the scalp.

Just like natural hair, transplanted hair won’t be affected by a little sun.  The greatest risk hair transplant patients have regarding the sun is extended inflammation or redness if their scalp is exposed to the sun early on in their procedure.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 3

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.