When should you stop drinking coffee pre op?

CurlymixedUK

Title sums it up really. Anyone who loves their coffee knows it’s a bit of a morning ritual, so I’m wondering what the general consensus is here. How many days before surgery should you stop drinking it?

Edited by CurlymixedUK
  • Like 1

Haven't heard of any surgeon or clinic say you need to stop drinking coffee. Pretty sure I drank a cup the day of my procedure. One is below my usual amount in the morning though and the only reason I cut back was so I didn't have to pee a bunch during the procedure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy New Hair said:

I was told to not drink coffee the day of the procedure and also the day before, which I did.

Not really sure why but just went with it 

If drinking coffee in and around the day of your procedure had a negative effect on your HT result then Eugenix would be out of business …they’re the coffee Kings …..with a caveat…get plenty of water into you alongside your fav brew !!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 1/16/2023 at 10:11 AM, chief10 said:

Haven't heard of any surgeon or clinic say you need to stop drinking coffee. Pretty sure I drank a cup the day of my procedure. One is below my usual amount in the morning though and the only reason I cut back was so I didn't have to pee a bunch during the procedure.

I've never heard that either