Who's the surgeon for touch up work to add density?

Hi, 

It's been a while since I posted on here my last hair transplant was with Dr koray erdogan, for the last few years I've wanted to go back and add density but I've not heard the best of things about asmed when looking on here, I visited Dr koray erdogan in 2015 (you can view my time there on my account) and had a HT for 3003 grafts, 

If you see my case I received the grafts down the temple area too these seem to stand out quite bad and appear a lot darker if I have my hair short so I have to have it abit longer on the sides to hide this which isn't the end of the world.. If this could be rectified I'd like that but my main goal is to add abit more density to the frontal area, who are the go to surgeons for this kind of work, working in between existing hairs and good for adding density? 

I've attached some photos as you can see because my hair is thicker at the back then less thick in the frontal area it doesn't match and does stand out if I comb my hair

Appreciate any help cheers 

20230113_182628.jpg

20230113_182637.jpg

20230113_182640.jpg

20230113_182747.jpg

20230113_182804.jpg

20230113_182839.jpg

20230113_182852.jpg

Would like to add I received a confirmation from Dr bicer for 2000 grafts as I really like her morals and the idea of her after care but I'm not sure if she's the best person in terms of adding density please advise 

• Like 1

Any elite surgeons will do a good job of adding density.  Adding density is more difficult and more dangerous because it has the potential to mess up existing hairs in that area.  But overall, when it comes to adding density to an easy case such as your own, just get the best doctor you can afford.  There's no "specialization" for adding density.  It's literally a part of every surgery (when transplanting into the transition zone of recipient and existing hair).

• Like 1

Check out my journey here:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies, I live in Leeds and have come across Dr Arshad's (Hair dr) work, but have seen a few density issues as of recently which is strange as he used to have very good density most of the time.

is he still worth considering with him been on my doorstep?

Hi Mate, I did see your post and was really impressed with the results, I'm going to look into it a bit more and see what i find, there was a post recently saying density has been an issue on recent results. Hopefully isnt a write off as ive seen some fantastic results and going there than abroad again would be nice

5 hours ago, HT-FUE said:

Thanks for your replies, I live in Leeds and have come across Dr Arshad's (Hair dr) work, but have seen a few density issues as of recently which is strange as he used to have very good density most of the time.

is he still worth considering with him been on my doorstep?

Hi mate. Check out my profile as I used Dr Arshad on 2021. 

9 hours ago, HT-FUE said:

Hi Mate, I did see your post and was really impressed with the results, I'm going to look into it a bit more and see what i find, there was a post recently saying density has been an issue on recent results. Hopefully isnt a write off as ive seen some fantastic results and going there than abroad again would be nice

Density clearly can be a big issue with Dr Arshad, just from posts here it seems like a large number of patients that have posted have had to go back for a second procedure for a “top up” - which is just that the job wasn’t done right the first time. “Top up” sounds friendly but it’s 2 years of your life waiting for a result instead of 1 and 2 rounds of quite unpleasant and stressful surgery experience instead of 1 - and as I said it should not be necessary. Never seen an elite doctor on this forum needing to go over the whole area again because the density is unacceptable to the patient because so many grafts didn’t take. So yeah, Dr Arshad is definitely not where I’d want to go to add density to a ht.

Edited by New_Barnet_Please

6 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

Hi mate. Check out my profile as I used Dr Arshad on 2021. 

Hi bud yeah ive come across your case too, very good still despite the top up been needed, have you any update on when youll be having that? or have you had it?

2 hours ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

Density clearly can be a big issue with Dr Arshad, just from posts here it seems like a large number of patients that have posted have had to go back for a second procedure for a “top up” - which is just that the job wasn’t done right the first time. “Top up” sounds friendly but it’s 2 years of your life waiting for a result instead of 1 and 2 rounds of quite unpleasant and stressful surgery experience instead of 1 - and as I said it should not be necessary. Never seen an elite doctor on this forum needing to go over the whole area again because the density is unacceptable to the patient because so many grafts didn’t take. So yeah, Dr Arshad is definitely not where I’d want to go to add density to a ht.

Yeah i appreciate these comments, i did come across a post where someone was saying the issue was they had started to use a 0.6mm punch which im assuming was to try minimize scarring on the donor area and by doing so it affected the multi grafts therefore causing a lack of density which would make sense as to why someone was having such great results consistently and then all of a sudden a rush of bad results with lack of density. when that person went for a top up they mentioned a punch of 0.9 - 1mm was used this time round. I find it hard to believe Dr Arshad has just all of a sudden turned into a cowboy and doesnt care anymore and its shown in his results. I think this is also clear in the fact he has offered these free top ups to try correct this error which again i completely agree should never have happened.

I'm in no rush to get my second HT so i have time to ask around other places, im not opposed to travelling clearly as i went to Asmed in turkey and in that time hopefully we start to see the positive cases again from Arshad as these issue cases were back in 2021 to mid 2022 i believe so we will only start to see the corrected surgerys from mid 2023 at around the earliest?

i dont think ill write him off just yet but i definitely agree with alot of your points and with that need to be cautious and give it a few months to see what sort of results come through.

@Marko7t4 do you know what punch size was used for you? and when talking to the clinic have they made you aware of what was causing the lack of density cases?

6 hours ago, HT-FUE said:

Hi bud yeah ive come across your case too, very good still despite the top up been needed, have you any update on when youll be having that? or have you had it?

I haven’t been in touch with them about it yet mate. 

6 hours ago, HT-FUE said:

Yeah i appreciate these comments, i did come across a post where someone was saying the issue was they had started to use a 0.6mm punch which im assuming was to try minimize scarring on the donor area and by doing so it affected the multi grafts therefore causing a lack of density which would make sense as to why someone was having such great results consistently and then all of a sudden a rush of bad results with lack of density. when that person went for a top up they mentioned a punch of 0.9 - 1mm was used this time round. I find it hard to believe Dr Arshad has just all of a sudden turned into a cowboy and doesnt care anymore and its shown in his results. I think this is also clear in the fact he has offered these free top ups to try correct this error which again i completely agree should never have happened.

I'm in no rush to get my second HT so i have time to ask around other places, im not opposed to travelling clearly as i went to Asmed in turkey and in that time hopefully we start to see the positive cases again from Arshad as these issue cases were back in 2021 to mid 2022 i believe so we will only start to see the corrected surgerys from mid 2023 at around the earliest?

i dont think ill write him off just yet but i definitely agree with alot of your points and with that need to be cautious and give it a few months to see what sort of results come through.

@Marko7t4 do you know what punch size was used for you? and when talking to the clinic have they made you aware of what was causing the lack of density cases?

I’m not sure which punch size it was mate, I can ask though.