Eugenix bloods tests recommended clinics in UK

Hey everyone, I'm booked in for Eugenix next month, wandering if anyone in the UK (I'm London based) can recommended a suitable place to get most of these blood tests required? I've reached out to a couple of places who are quoting over £400 !

Also if I get the HIV/Hep ones from a GUM clinic would they be acceptable?

Appreciate any suggestions

Hi mate,

I'm having surgery with de freitas in 3 weeks. Contacted My GP thinking I'd be rejected, but they actually did all the bloods requested.

No harm contacting your GP and asking, I'm sure they would at least do HIV and HEP tests and then just pay for the others if they refuse. Or as you said go to a GUM clinic for the HIV and HEP and ask for a written copy of results 

Good to get those data points. I called mine up but they refused to book them for me, but gave me an appointment in 10 days time to discuss why I need them haha 

Is, I just want a general health check not a good enough reason? 

Just tell them it's for a hair transplant. They are used to arranging blood rests that have been requested by private patients,

They may ask for the request form from the clinic. 

If you are asking for tests especially HIV and HEP they will be worried you're ill or at risk and not wanting to discuss it 

10 hours ago, urbanite88 said:

Good to get those data points. I called mine up but they refused to book them for me, but gave me an appointment in 10 days time to discuss why I need them haha 

Is, I just want a general health check not a good enough reason? 

Lol on the NHS it isn't

On 1/11/2023 at 5:36 PM, urbanite88 said:

Hey everyone, I'm booked in for Eugenix next month, wandering if anyone in the UK (I'm London based) can recommended a suitable place to get most of these blood tests required? I've reached out to a couple of places who are quoting over £400 !

Also if I get the HIV/Hep ones from a GUM clinic would they be acceptable?

Appreciate any suggestions

£400 sounds about right. If you have time, it's worth travelling somewhere cheaper in the UK to get these tests done. 

I was quite lucky that I had a full medical check up (from my employer), this covered 90% of the tests required, so was able to share these blood test results with Eugenix. There were a few that were not on the list, and I got the rest done at Medical Diagnosis - they were reasonably priced (for London), the results were super quick, got those back within a few hours. 

• Like 1