Rate my Donor

Hello mates,

iam a Norwood 2 and plan to do a hair transplant. Iam also 31 years old. Iam not sure about the capacity of my donor. If i could get only 4000 grafts out of it, i wont do it because of future hair transplants. what is your opinion? It was donewith handy light. Thank you in advance.0B6CC1A2-DC30-44FE-B1B8-964D57CB83E5.thumb.jpeg.ef264199ddc211d3cb6033b9284e475f.jpegEF07A374-526C-4568-9442-14827B9EC741.thumb.jpeg.98761ec98b753e46f078f7715285ca0e.jpeg1AFD54A0-A2CD-4C5E-BC06-C2013CC26315.thumb.jpeg.7a4177e379c4ac094b428837109dfc73.jpeg4BA0C76C-32AA-41C3-BEB3-77821157325F.thumb.jpeg.3611a32a3c72db913f1260ce13b70bbc.jpeg

Definitely something funky going there with your donor (last photo).

My concern would be further thinning after extraction which exacerbates further hair loss in the surrounding donor (non temporary shock-loss).

It looks fine now but you don't want a nw1 front with a train wreck in your donor.

I'd try and find out the reason for the patchy donor.

If you did proceed to a HT, consider a small surgery to start with and have a 2nd pass, if all is well/required.

Since you are Norwood 2, you have plenty of donor hair to reach your goal, but still get on medication

Your donor looks like the kind of donor someone would have after having a hair transplant already... however this is quite common for people with blonde and fine hair.  

All I will say is make sure you go to a clinic that are experts at making FUE and keeping the donor area almost no different than how it was before

FueGenix / BHR clinic / Eugenix

• Administrators

Not very good, have you had previous FUEs?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just go on this website's list of recommended doctors and do ~5 online consults to get an idea of your donor capacity. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

thanks a lot for this great number of replies.

i try to answer every question: - i had no previous FUE

- i already try finasterid and dutasterid in the past and didnt respond very well on it. i would stay on minox, nizoral and microneedling

- i already have a consultation at a dermatologist, iam just not sure how much this gonna help and if he cant clearly state me the issue and how to fix it

- i already did consultations but these opinions vary a lot, so i wanted to ask in the forum here too

most in my family was a norwood 5-6 until 60-70 years old. so i need enough donor to keep it up later or at least long enough, until its possible to clone hair or something like this.

best regards