Bumped head on 2nd day. No blood. Did I lose my grafts ?

I had a HT recently in hairline. Bumped my head (not too hard but significant) on 2nd day (~50 hours). Did not see any blood. I checked with my doctor, she said not to worry after examination. But the line from below article, scares me.  

"Even if you don’t notice any bleeding, trauma can mean permanent damage to the grafts."

https://www.longevitahairtransplant.com/guides/bumped-head-after-hair-transplant/#Bumped_Head_After_The_Hair_Transplant_Are_the_Grafts_Okay

Did I lose my grafts? Is losing grafts always indicated by blood?

Edited by Gokul Krishnan

• Gokul Krishnan changed the title to Bumped head on 2nd day. No blood. Did I lose my grafts ?
  • It's disappointing to bump your head but it happens.
  • It will remind you to be more careful in the future.
  • Who cares? You either have or haven't.
  • Raised stress over it is more likely to be detrimental to your recovery.
  • Take a close up photo of the area and if you notice a bald patch months later you can compare it to the bump location.
  • Like 1

@Gokul Krishnan,

It’s always tempting to believe what we read online.  And although I’m not denying that there is some truth behind what you read, the truth is, you’ve consulted your doctor, they’ve evaluated your scalp and told you that there’s nothing to worry about. I think it’s pretty safe to trust the advice of your physician over a random statement found on the Internet.

That said, I suppose there will always be a part of you that has doubts and worries but in my opinion, it would be far better to just trust your physician and not let worry and stress get to you especially since it’s completely out of your control.

Worst case scenario, let’s say that you did cause damage to a graft or two, you’re talking maybe a total of 4 to 8 hairs at the most. But I doubt that’s even the case. I’m sure you’ve had thousands of graphs implanted so even if there was damage to a couple, I doubt there will be any cosmetic significance and or anything you will notice when everything grows in.

Best wishes and happy growing,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 2

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.