ORAL OR TOPICAL

russlikeshishair

Starting my hair restoration journey soon, just waiting on my orders to land, Im just turning 21 years old in March, im starting to notice thinning (Norwood 2) in my hair, and I've decided to tackle it early as possible, one question I have is Oral or Topical for the hair loss drugs?, I have seen a lot about the topical XYON gel and thats not available in my country (Ireland) I have got a prescription for Oral finasteride (1mg) and have ordered 5% topical minoxidil but I see people on the forum taking these drugs differently and want to know what's the most efficient method, Im not worried about side effects at all, not unless they start happening, so what would you guys suggest, I'd really appreciate any tips,  

20 minutes ago, thetdog666 said:

No where near a Norwood 3. Get on fin, 1mg a day. I wouldn't start minoxidl yet as it's a life long commitment and I think you have caught it early so fin should help you alot. Maybe reevaluate in a years time

Appreciate you boss, means a lot that you would take the time to reply to me, a stranger on the internet, im gonna take your advice and get on 1mg a day of fin, I might do a journey post thing aswel, I enjoy reading/looking those

Very beginning of Norwood 2. If you can maintain your hair for life should be no problems, no one would think your balding. Crown also looks like a cowlick, no balding IMO.

Oral Finasteride (1mg) should be enough given how early your hair loss is. I would only consider Oral Minoxidil or so when you get to NW3-NW4.

Don't expect regrowth from finasteride, but expect it to either slow balding/thinning down slowly or halt it all together.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

1 minute ago, mister_25 said:

Very beginning of Norwood 2. If you can maintain your hair for life should be no problems, no one would think your balding. Crown also looks like a cowlick, no balding IMO.

Oral Finasteride (1mg) should be enough given how early your hair loss is. I would only consider Oral Minoxidil or so when you get to NW3-NW4.

Don't expect regrowth from finasteride, but expect it to either slow balding/thinning down slowly or halt it all together.

Sounds good brother I appreciate you more than you know, what about a laser cap?, or is that overkill?, I like the idea of my hair getting more dense, even though its not that much of an issue, I just like the idea of having nice hair, and dont want to sacrifice that, but im not rich so let me know what you think about the laser cap idea, I appreciate you boss

6 minutes ago, russlikeshishair said:

Sounds good brother I appreciate you more than you know, what about a laser cap?, or is that overkill?, I like the idea of my hair getting more dense, even though its not that much of an issue, I just like the idea of having nice hair, and dont want to sacrifice that, but im not rich so let me know what you think about the laser cap idea, I appreciate you boss

Laser Cap is not needed here, its more to stimulate growth in active areas of thinning. Laser Cap probably wont do anything cause it doesn't look like you are balding at all on most of your head. Just receding by your temples. 

I also dont think Lasercap is worth effort compared to Minoxidil/Microneedling. My own personal anecdote.

Finasteride will be all you need. Maybe in the future if you continue to bald while on it you can pick up laser-cap/minoxidil but for now your good 👍

Edited by mister_25
  • Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

Just now, mister_25 said:

Laser Cap is not needed here, its more to stimulate growth in active areas of thinning. Laser Cap probably wont do anything cause it doesn't look like you are balding at all on most of your head. Just receding by your temples. 

Finasteride will be all you need. Maybe in the future if you continue to bald while on it you can pick up laser-cap/minoxidil but for now your good 👍

sounds good, what you're saying is making sense, I love you g, so does god

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, russlikeshishair said:

@Melvin- Moderatorwhats up boss, id appreciate anything u have to say, i see how active you are on these forums, doing gods work

Personally, I’d try topical. Dr. Arshad sells a topical finasteride formula. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Personally, I’d try topical. Dr. Arshad sells a topical finasteride formula. 

I believe Dr Arshad's formula has 0.2% fin. Would that not be too strong?