has anyone experience with prp after ht to recipient area ?

there is mixed info on this topic. would like to know from anyone that has experience on this matter. what month did you start , needle depth, frequency , with or without hair serum and what was the result. pics if possible. thanks in advance.

The problem with PRP is there isn't a great deal of evidence it works.

As you identify, PRP isn't one product. Difficult to compare and often expensive.

And even when your HT grows in, you wont know what affect the PRP had in the larger scheme of things.

Edited by NikosHair
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, NikosHair said:

The problem with PRP is there isn't a great deal of evidence it works.

As you identify, PRP isn't one product. Difficult to compare and often expensive.

And even when your HT grows in, you wont know what affect the PRP had in the larger scheme of things.

sorry title should have been microneedling not prp

7 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

The reason is that you do not want to be on long term medication. Fin I do not like to mess with hormones. And Minox I do not think much of. By the way I am on a PRP standalone treatment since 5 years. 

my topic should have read micro needling not prp. but since you brought up prp how many sessions/year and what was your result. thx.

1 hour ago, bear56 said:

do you have experience with it?

Conclusion:

Dermaroller along with Minoxidil treated group was statistically superior to Minoxidil treated group in promoting hair growth in men with AGA for all 3 primary efficacy measures of hair growth. Microneedling is a safe and a promising tool in hair stimulation and also is useful to treat hair loss refractory to Minoxidil therapy.

A Randomized Evaluator Blinded Study of Effect of Microneedling in Androgenetic Alopecia: A Pilot Study - PMC (nih.gov)

1 hour ago, NikosHair said:

Conclusion:

Dermaroller along with Minoxidil treated group was statistically superior to Minoxidil treated group in promoting hair growth in men with AGA for all 3 primary efficacy measures of hair growth. Microneedling is a safe and a promising tool in hair stimulation and also is useful to treat hair loss refractory to Minoxidil therapy.

A Randomized Evaluator Blinded Study of Effect of Microneedling in Androgenetic Alopecia: A Pilot Study - PMC (nih.gov)

thank you ! what i was not so sure was to do it after lets say a month or two  after ht. on the recipient hair. i wanted to see if someone had experience with it .

58 minutes ago, bear56 said:

thank you ! what i was not so sure was to do it after lets say a month or two  after ht. on the recipient hair. i wanted to see if someone had experience with it .

I'm sure others will chime in if they have tried it so soon after the HT.

Lots of variables in terms of healing.

The biggest concern would be infecting the recipient site.

IMO Minox massaged in using a circular motion would be less risky, while still bringing the blood to the surface to nourish the new grafts.

Then 3+ month introduce gentle dermarolling.

Increase intensity as the weeks go by.

1 hour ago, NikosHair said:

I'm sure others will chime in if they have tried it so soon after the HT.

Lots of variables in terms of healing.

The biggest concern would be infecting the recipient site.

IMO Minox massaged in using a circular motion would be less risky, while still bringing the blood to the surface to nourish the new grafts.

Then 3+ month introduce gentle dermarolling.

Increase intensity as the weeks go by.

thats what i was thinking . thank you!

On 12/31/2022 at 4:26 PM, NikosHair said:

Conclusion:

In my opinion studies are useless. What matters is if the treatment works for you. 

That's a very libertarian view point.

Minox is a drug and the foams/serums have only been approved for external use.

Microneedling punctures the skin allowing some of the drug to get into the bloodstream.

For many, they are interested in the studies to see 1. Does it work? 2.Were there any recorded side-effects.

Lots of people share your view on Finasteride - who needs controlled studies - just whack it in and see if it works🙄

• Like 1