Considering either Freitas... or The Treatment Rooms London

Hi All

I was after some advice please. I have read some very good reviews on Freitas, and mostly amazing results are shown. I know this won't always be the case, but in general I am confident with him. I have also been considering The Treatment Rooms London, with Dr Vara. However I have found any patient reviews relating to him/ them hard to come by. He does come across very personable and reassuring, and his results do look good on the website (obviously they would). He also has a large number of positive reiews on google.. again probably not the most reliable source. There is a difference between treatment plans proposed, Freitas recommends the frontal hair line and mid-frontal scalp area (which I am not sure is actually necessary). Dr Vara only thinks the front hairline is necessay. I did have a small concern over a thinning crown, but was advised against this by multiple clinics as they say it could cause more harm than good. (Would anyone agree?).

The quotes for work are c.£4000 with Treatment Rooms or £6700 for Freitas. Quite a difference, but potentially more work to be done with the latter (Refunded if the mid-scalp is not deemend necessary on the day). I also will have to wait until 2024 for Freitas, or as early as February for The Treatment rooms.

Many thanks!

Treatments rooms sounds like somewhere you get your legs waxed and a pedicure😊

2 hours ago, Lacherlich said:

I also will have to wait until 2024 for Freitas

There is a reason why Freitas is booked out, it's the same reason it's your best option RESULTS (independent documented results).

Use the time between now and surgery to get in your best physical shape, the time will fly.

• Administrators

I can definitely vouch for Dr. De Freitas he’s one of the best 👍🏼

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Take it from someone living in the UK who did proper research for the surgeon, if these two are the only ones on your list you should bet on De Freitas. 

UK doesn't really have any good surgeon on par with Belgium, Portugal or Spain. 

PS: I am booked for this summer with him. 

Edited by TheGreatPretender
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone, sounds pretty unanimous so far! I will probably go ahead with Freitas then, there is also chance they can get me in earlier if someone cancels.

Was just hoping to see if anyone had experience/ thoughts on The Treatment Rooms - wonder why there isn't much out there.

• Like 3

Just had mine done with Dr Freitas, the only one I would consider in UK is Dr Reddy and I still like Freitas more. There is just something about the European doctors!

Edited by drawdownfx
  • Like 2

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas