Eugenix cont....

daz 2

@BaldingEagle1

I did post the story but the moderator took it down. Told me off for jumping on a post. I'm new to all this so forgive me.....

I hear what you are saying. They sprung the blood tests on me after I'd paid in full. I was asked to do a blood pressure test before that which I did and gave to them. You would've thought he'd have mention it at the same time. After I'd paid I asked if I could book flights. Rishabh said yes. They was no mention of blood tests until a day or so later. I had done most of them already as I'd done a testosterone test and the lady selected everything available at the time as an m.o.t.

I asked my gp surgery to do the remaining tests - hiv 1 and 2 / hepatitus b and c / blood sugar and blood coag.

They said no as it was for hair transplant.

As it was sprung on me, it left hardly any time as xmas was coming up. I did also have lots of other things to deal with as well. Not also forgetting postal strikes,

I ordered an nhs online sexual health test which contains hiv and hepa. I did this and sent it off. I hadn't received any results so I phoned up. They told me that the labs had only just done them and I was negative for the hivs and hepas. I also dont have chlamydia or syphillis!

Anyway, I emailed these results to Rishabh and they were unacceptable as not in pdf format. I phoned up the test place and was told they dont send out emails, only texts.

It was agreed that I could do the tests in India. I said no problem. I had after all done all but 2 tests and I know I'm not diabetic and that my blood coag is ok given how many times I poked my fingers with the testing kit :)

I did ask why they wanted to repeat the tests they had from my doctor in pdf format. I received no answer. I mentioned mattdominance was keen to do a video with me. You would think they would want the publicity. I totally understand they have a duty of care when it comes to hiv etc. I asked whether their staff were regularly tested for this as it goes both ways and again this was ignored.

Then out of the blue this morning I receive an email from Swarnim saying they agree to my request to cancel and I would get my refund within 6 months! I never requested a refund, I was happy to do the tests again.

6 months is also a ridiculous amount of time for a refund. If they want to cancel then that's up to them but I see no reason why they couldn't transfer it back to me within a week so I can book elsewhere.

22 hours ago, daz 2 said:

@BaldingEagle1

I did post the story but the moderator took it down. Told me off for jumping on a post. I'm new to all this so forgive me.....

I hear what you are saying. They sprung the blood tests on me after I'd paid in full. I was asked to do a blood pressure test before that which I did and gave to them. You would've thought he'd have mention it at the same time. After I'd paid I asked if I could book flights. Rishabh said yes. They was no mention of blood tests until a day or so later. I had done most of them already as I'd done a testosterone test and the lady selected everything available at the time as an m.o.t.

I asked my gp surgery to do the remaining tests - hiv 1 and 2 / hepatitus b and c / blood sugar and blood coag.

They said no as it was for hair transplant.

As it was sprung on me, it left hardly any time as xmas was coming up. I did also have lots of other things to deal with as well. Not also forgetting postal strikes,

I ordered an nhs online sexual health test which contains hiv and hepa. I did this and sent it off. I hadn't received any results so I phoned up. They told me that the labs had only just done them and I was negative for the hivs and hepas. I also dont have chlamydia or syphillis!

Anyway, I emailed these results to Rishabh and they were unacceptable as not in pdf format. I phoned up the test place and was told they dont send out emails, only texts.

It was agreed that I could do the tests in India. I said no problem. I had after all done all but 2 tests and I know I'm not diabetic and that my blood coag is ok given how many times I poked my fingers with the testing kit :)

I did ask why they wanted to repeat the tests they had from my doctor in pdf format. I received no answer. I mentioned mattdominance was keen to do a video with me. You would think they would want the publicity. I totally understand they have a duty of care when it comes to hiv etc. I asked whether their staff were regularly tested for this as it goes both ways and again this was ignored.

Then out of the blue this morning I receive an email from Swarnim saying they agree to my request to cancel and I would get my refund within 6 months! I never requested a refund, I was happy to do the tests again.

6 months is also a ridiculous amount of time for a refund. If they want to cancel then that's up to them but I see no reason why they couldn't transfer it back to me within a week so I can book elsewhere.

It sounds like a huge misunderstanding, but please next time whoever you choose find out everything. 

tbh, speaking for myself, I researched for 4-5 years every detail. It helps to avoid any surprises. 

the refund thing is long as hell and I’m curious as to why it’s that long. 

but honestly, being Indian myself, I expect for random complications like that to happen.. I’m so sorry you had to deal with it.

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

Hi everyone. I hope the new year brings you all health, wealth and excitement......

I have had a response from Eugenix. I'm not sure if it's because I've posted on here and they are aware or because JT has been in touch with them (he said he would) or they are apologetic. Take your pick. Anyway, the said they will expedite the refund and I now should get it in 14 days. They did say that normally it is 6 months so as discussed it is good to be aware of this fact if anyone decides to go with them. Whether or not it will be a true refund or not remains to be seen. It cost me over 3 grand in gbp.

I did get back to them saying I had never said or intended to cancel. I'm at a loss to understand why they thought that but what can you do when they've already said they have started the refund process?

I was just booked on the lowest package. It wasn't Dr Arika or Pradeep - my understanding it was one of their other doctors.....

I have had one surgery already - botched in turkey about 4 years ago. Unnatural hairline, no use of microscopes - doubles, triples etc.

Since then I've done extensive research. To be brutally honest I expect problems but always hope that you can work with people. I did try speaking to a manager. Rishabh refused this request on a number of occasions. I have tried contacting Dr Arika via linkedin and so far radio silence. JT says he will contact her so hopefully we will get a response. If I do I will post. I note eugenix were asked a day or so ago on here to respond and so far haven't. Make of that what you will. 

Due to this I'm massively out of pocket. It is about £500 - visa £150 / petrol £30 / train tickets £150 / dog kennels £160 / flight cancellation fee £65. My refund on flights should take no longer than 12 weeks.....

Anyways, I move forward. I'm considering going to Turkey. Once I've got all my money back I'm looking at a budget of 5 grand to do 4000 grafts including travel. I might be jetting off within a month.... I note now that you dont need a visa from uk to go to turkey. It was scrapped in 2020. I will document this journey etc. If any of you has other suggestions that would be greatly appreciated helpwise. So far I'm interested in 2 in turkey. Dr Resul Yamen or Dr Turan. I'm leaning more towards Dr Yamen. His hairlines look natural and there are lots of results on youtube. I'm slightly worried he doesn't show much crown work and there is one example on this site of botched extraction although he did bother to explain his self.

Anyways as I say any input is greatly appreciated.

Peas

• Like 1

23 hours ago, daz 2 said:

if I had a large sum of money for 6 months, I would invest it, gamble, crypto, collect interest, etc. then when the 6 months is up I give the person back the base sum while keeping the profit I made off of it. 

I am in no way at all saying Eugenix is doing this, they do seem ethical, but yes I fail to understand why the refund takes 6 months. That's a really long time. 

@daz 2hey man, feeling bad that your transplant was cancelled due to this miscommunication or mess up. Still not able to understand what happened.

Regarding the six months timeline, it's not really easy to send money out of India by a business. These things are managed by the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA Act), I have never personally dealt with this act but it is definitely tough to send money abroad. However, it is only tough when large volume of money needs to the transferred abroad, I guess they mostly receive and do not send money out of the country, so don't know why they are taking six months. Maybe they have lots of clients cancel for various reasons and they need to stagger the payment. 

I also want to pick your brain as to why you chose their lowest Rs 75 package, when in repair cases most people tend to the choose the most expensive package. 

Edit: Just yesterday I sent $200 to my US stock broking account and was asked weird follow up questions by my bank via email, in addition to other declarations.

Edited by bigmistake
Mentioned the edir

@bigmistake thanks for the sympathy.

When I did my consultation with them the chap I spoke to said the service and result was the same no matter what package......

Some people have got the money to do the expensive package. I haven't. I'm still waiting for a response as to why they cancelled. I think it speaks volumes how they treat the less wealthy/famous clients. They said I requested this and didn't. I'm 500 quid out of pocket which is scandalous. Imagine how gutted you would be if you had that amount in your wallet then lost your wallet. 

Well if I'm brutally honest I think it is a load of rubbish....they have now said 14 days. So it can clearly be done. This still leaves me 500 gbp out of pocket. Thanks a lot. We will see if they do a proper refund so I get back what I paid. No doubt it is also going to be short and start taking my losses towards a grand.

8 hours ago, daz 2 said:

@bigmistake thanks for the sympathy.

When I did my consultation with them the chap I spoke to said the service and result was the same no matter what package......

Some people have got the money to do the expensive package. I haven't. I'm still waiting for a response as to why they cancelled. I think it speaks volumes how they treat the less wealthy/famous clients. They said I requested this and didn't. I'm 500 quid out of pocket which is scandalous. Imagine how gutted you would be if you had that amount in your wallet then lost your wallet. 

Well if I'm brutally honest I think it is a load of rubbish....they have now said 14 days. So it can clearly be done. This still leaves me 500 gbp out of pocket. Thanks a lot. We will see if they do a proper refund so I get back what I paid. No doubt it is also going to be short and start taking my losses towards a grand.

Brother, it's not all rubbish, it is very tough to send money out of India, one is asked a lot of questions. But it doesn't take six months either. I don't think the six months timeline was wrong, considering how bureaucracy works in India, it looks like they took a few days extra as a margin of safety.

But the way your surgery was cancelled was a bit weird, and quite honestly unprofessional.

As far treatment of non famous clients, I don't think that is the case with their doctors, speaking from personal experience. 

However, still the way your surgery was cancelled was unprofessional. No doubt the clinic was wrong here. Hope you get your repair done soon and your refund as well.

@bigmistake

Thanks man. I'm gutted. Finally after waiting 4 years to get it done (including the 2 years of covid) seeing a better future where my barnet doesn't look ridiculous then 2 weeks before I fly and it's snatched away. Then I'm looking at another big wait whilst being rinsed of half a grand. I guess things could be worse. I still have my health and the dog keeps me sane :)

I'd like to say I'm pretty blown away by the people on here. All very encouraging.....

Hey man I have a wild idea. Why don't you make a budget per annum of what you want to spend on your repair. 

Then find a good local doctor in the UK, I have heard good things about a certain Dr Reddy and have seen a repair video by Dr Edward Ball, but do your own research. 

Now if the surgeon quotes you 3,000 grafts split the surgery in 3 years for 1,000 graft each year. Not only will this help with the finances, but it may lead to better results as the doctor will take his time and will know how to course correct in the next surgery.

I know this idea is a bit out there and there may be some medical/ technical hurdles that only a doctor will be able to forsee. If you are keen on Eugenix, maybe you can take their top most package like this, but then you will have to travel to India. 

@bigmistakeDr Ball is literally only an hour away. It's a very good point. I hadn't really considered that. I just went on the basis that I need approx 4000 grafts and Dr Ball charges about £5 a graft. So, thats 20k and out of my range. For me that would still be an outrageous commitment even over say 5 years. It's defo something to consider though. Thanks.

5 hours ago, daz 2 said:

@bigmistakeDr Ball is literally only an hour away. It's a very good point. I hadn't really considered that. I just went on the basis that I need approx 4000 grafts and Dr Ball charges about £5 a graft. So, thats 20k and out of my range. For me that would still be an outrageous commitment even over say 5 years. It's defo something to consider though. Thanks.

Maybe talk to him first. Lets see how many grafts he recommends.

• Administrators

Sorry to hear about your situation. Thank you for creating a separate thread. Please let me know if you need any additional help.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, daz 2 said:

Are you comfortable sharing photos of your hair ? 

Sorry to hear about your situation OP. I think it's unfair to refund without your confirmation and Eugenix needs to take responsibility for this considering you prepared so much and made other expenses. To those saying OP should book the more expensive package, it's a little unfair we don't know what OP's personal situation is hence cannot judge. I am sure if OP had the money he would book the most expensive package but he most important thing is that OP did his research and found a good clinic for his repair.

Edited by drawdownfx

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

Thank you so much for everyone's input. All of it is valued. Everyone seems to have varying opinions and I respect it all and take it all onboard. I'm reliably informed that the matter is now in the hands of the owners to look into and I'm waiting to see how it's going to be dealt with. I am receptive to any suggestions they have to resolve this. As it's new year etc and people are off, it's certainly going to be quite a few days. I guess in life problems happen but what is important is how it's ultimately dealt with.  So, the ball is in their court. I'm told they are going through all comms etc (emails/whatsapp). I think this is reasonable. I will await what they decide to do and let you know. I do have all the comms myself and may or may not release at a later date but out of respect I'm going to hold off from doing this whilst they are looking into it. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 7:56 AM, daz 2 said:

I asked whether their staff were regularly tested for this as it goes both ways and again this was ignored.

Hey man, just wondering why would the staff need to be tested for HIV ?

They can't transfer to patients, can they ?

Well, you have the scenario where a patient's head is bleeding (quite a lot) through incisions / extractions. Open wounds.... Now, common sense says to me that people doing the op would wear surgical gloves. But the thing is that they are also handling sharp objects like needles and the like. It is eminently possible they could cut themselves, perhaps not even know and their blood transferred to the open wounds....

Edited by daz 2