Cocaine 56 hours pre surgery (New Years celebrations) - Alternatives to no alcohol? - Effects on anasthesia/bleeding?

Pkgr,

I understand your desire to party and to use mind altering substances which many individuals do especially around the holidays, a.k.a. New Year’s Eve. However, surgical hair restoration is not just a single procedure but a lifelong investment. In my opinion, abstain from all mind altering substances before and after surgery as noted by your physician.  Let’s start out with the obvious… Cocaine can kill you. Even as I write this I can sense you rolling your eyes especially if you’re an experienced cocaine user.  And while cocaine use doesn’t directly cause or exacerbate her loss to my knowledge, most cocaine is mixed with something else and in most cases, I don’t know where it’s coming from and that my self is exceptionally dangerous.  It’s also illegal which means there’s a chance you’ll get caught either buying, using or possessing it.  

in my very strong and humble opinion, it’s simply not worth the risk to use illegal substances before or after surgery not to mention at all.  take it from somebody who used to indulge a bit too much in some of these things… It’s simply not worth it for so many reasons.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 2

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Moderators

Cocaine is fine. Just don't take Finasteride. That stuff can kill you. 😆

Seriously though, I never understand why anyone wants to take illegal drugs.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Haha 3
  • Well Done 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 5 months later...

As long as the cocaine doesn't have fentanyl and/or otherwise not too impure, I sincerely 100% believe getting wasted on good old-fashioned and legal alcohol would be worse for OP. 

So, I would say follow the clinic's guidelines for alcohol, when doing cocaine or any other drug.