Please help choosing the surgeon

Hi,

I am 29 year old, I lost my hair rapidly in last 2 years, also found out I had very low vitamin D. Been taking the multi vitamin tablets and hope it got increased. Now I am planning to get a hair transplant surgery and I want to get it only in India as my home is in India. By doing some research online, I narrowed down to these clinics. Could someone please help with the selection or experience with these.

1. Darling Buds Clinic - Dr Bhatti

2. Akeso - Dr Akhilesh Jangid

3. Medlinks 

4. Medispa - Looks like they do FUT so not much interested but they seem to have good results from their youtube channel

5. Eugenix - Seems way expensive than others so not interested but put it here as it has lot of good reviews everywhere

Also, I seem to have dandruff in my hair. Will that be an issue or blocker to get hair transplant surgery?

Thanks a lot for helping!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Personally, I'd elect for Eugenix or Medispa based on the results I've seen. Dandruff wouldn't be an issue. You've already balded a lot, so it may not be as necessary as long as you have realistic goals, but I would recommend trying out finasteride/minoxidil to see if you can get to a place where you don't need a transplant.

• Like 1

• Administrators

If you can’t afford a good surgeon don’t get surgery. The last two names are good choices. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the responses.

1. I also found Dr. Radha Palakurthi from this forum recommended surgeon. Any experiences from her? Is she also a good choice? 

2. Also, could someone tell me why no to Darling Buds and Akeso. They both seems to have good reputation and good patient results form the youtube channel.

3. The actual doctor package from euginex seems twice or thrice compared to others. That’s the reason I am not considering them. 

48 minutes ago, Dora said:

2. Also, could someone tell me why no to Darling Buds and Akeso. They both seems to have good reputation and good patient results form the youtube channel.

Dr Bhatti & Darling Buds are no longer producing reliable and consistent results, also has limited Dr input. Both of these clinics showing good results on YouTube isn’t something to rely on, it’s just showcasing their best results, all for marketing.

Look for actual patient posted journeys on forums etc, that are posted independently.

Edited by Pbaird98
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If you can’t afford a good surgeon don’t get surgery. The last two names are good choices. 

@Melvin- Moderator

Found Dr. Radha Palakurthi from this forum recommended surgeons. Is she also a good choice? Sorry I am new to this forum but this seems to reduce lot of anxiety and stress in choosing the surgeon. 
If the doctor is in the list of Forum recommended surgeons, does it mean they are top notch surgeons with less failures? 
Also how can I search for patients of these doctors? I am particularly interested in Dr. Radha Palakurthi and Dr. Suneet soni

I would say its worth saving up money to go to Eugenix. You want to go to a surgeon with a long trackrecord of similar cases so that you can formulate the best plan for your situation. 

Dr Sethi and Dr Pitella are the ones that come to mind for your case.

Are you on medication? You might be able to recover some hair your 7 zone with Finasteride/Oral Minoxidil

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• Valued Contributor

If you are looking at Dr Bhatti and feel that Eugenix is too expensive for you then I would take your time and save up. Be that say Eugenix or any other recommended doctor listed here that has lots of patients posting their results on here. All the best!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

I would say its worth saving up money to go to Eugenix. You want to go to a surgeon with a long trackrecord of similar cases so that you can formulate the best plan for your situation. 

Dr Sethi and Dr Pitella are the ones that come to mind for your case.

Are you on medication? You might be able to recover some hair your 7 zone with Finasteride/Oral Minoxidil

Thanks for the response. I am not on any medication. Been thinking about HT for a while and finally decided to get it coming March so trying to finalize the surgeon.

Do you know how many grafts and how much it would cost for euginex?

1 minute ago, Dora said:

Thanks for the response. I am not on any medication. Been thinking about HT for a while and finally decided to get it coming March so trying to finalize the surgeon.

Do you know how many grafts and how much it would cost for euginex?

I would say your looking at a minimum of 8k grafts, that number can be higher for variety of factors depending on what your expectations are, your hair thickness/caliber, etc. You might not have enough donor for 8k depending if you have Retrograde Alopecia or if your Donor Density isn't high enough. If you go to Eugenix you can make up for that with Beard hair if your willing to use that. 

I know that Eugenix has multiple packages, with the most expensive being Dr Sethi who has done some of the most impressive high norwood transplants.

You are probably a Norwood 7, maybe you can get away with the status as a Norwood 6 about to transition into a Norwood 7. If you can strengthen your lower crown and stabilize it, it would mean you can get a denser result elsewhere or maybe a slightly lower hairline if you wished. 

If I were you. I would spend a year on medication and attempt to stabilize. I would try Oral Minoxidil and Finasteride/Dutasteride and use that year to save up money for a round with Dr Sethi.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

I would say your looking at a minimum of 8k grafts, that number can be higher for variety of factors depending on what your expectations are, your hair thickness/caliber, etc. You might not have enough donor for 8k depending if you have Retrograde Alopecia or if your Donor Density isn't high enough. If you go to Eugenix you can make up for that with Beard hair if your willing to use that. 

I know that Eugenix has multiple packages, with the most expensive being Dr Sethi who has done some of the most impressive high norwood transplants.

You are probably a Norwood 7, maybe you can get away with the status as a Norwood 6 about to transition into a Norwood 7. If you can strengthen your lower crown and stabilize it, it would mean you can get a denser result elsewhere or maybe a slightly lower hairline if you wished. 

If I were you. I would spend a year on medication and attempt to stabilize. I would try Oral Minoxidil and Finasteride/Dutasteride and use that year to save up money for a round with Dr Sethi.

Thank you! Do you think I have good doner?

50 minutes ago, Dora said:

Thank you! Do you think I have good doner?

For a Norwood 7 from what I can tell I think you are average to above average, can you share a picture of your sides, above the ears

Keep in mind that pictures can be deceiving. Although a photo of the hair above the ears and the hair at the nape could tell you how much of your donor is considered safe.

Edited by mister_25

This is a pretty standard Norwood 6 imo. Back is dipping but that’s not unusual. Lateral bumps look fine to me. 

Mate, can you please draw where you want the hairline? The number of grafts are highly dependent on how low you go. 

I think the crown will take 2.5k - 4K grafts. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I would definitely consider going on finasteride. You still have high lateral humps but your crown is dipping down into your coronet. If you choose to start finasteride now you should be able to keep this (including the miniaturizing hair you left on top). I would give the medication a good twelve months to see how well you respond to it. All the best.

10 hours ago, Dora said:

Hi,

I am 29 year old, I lost my hair rapidly in last 2 years, also found out I had very low vitamin D. Been taking the multi vitamin tablets and hope it got increased. Now I am planning to get a hair transplant surgery and I want to get it only in India as my home is in India. By doing some research online, I narrowed down to these clinics. Could someone please help with the selection or experience with these.

1. Darling Buds Clinic - Dr Bhatti

2. Akeso - Dr Akhilesh Jangid

3. Medlinks 

4. Medispa - Looks like they do FUT so not much interested but they seem to have good results from their youtube channel

5. Eugenix - Seems way expensive than others so not interested but put it here as it has lot of good reviews everywhere

Also, I seem to have dandruff in my hair. Will that be an issue or blocker to get hair transplant surgery?

Thanks a lot for helping!

1.jpg

2.jpg

They do both, combination of FUT and FUE

Greetings @Dora

You look like a NW Grade 6 from pictures. The donor looks in good shape. Please do your research properly before choosing any clinic. 

It will be helpful if can post pictures of your beard. We would like to advise you to start with medications like Finasteride 1mg daily for your pre-existing hairs. You can send us a personalized message along with your pictures. I will be happy to arrange a video consultation with a doctor. 

Thank You. 

• Like 1

Hey buddy you mentioned Eugenix is expensive. But even their Rs 75 package is pretty good. The "junior" doctors are more experienced than 90% of other hair transplant surgeons in India. 

I went to some other clinic and the doctor did the extractions and slits himself. But i am not too satisfied with the results. I have met the junior doctors at Eugenix and they seemed very knowledgeable. 

You obviously pay for what you get, but in Rs 75 package at the least you will not be botched and at the most you will get a perfect result.

• Like 2

What’s the price of the other clinics you mentioned ?

The price for the 2 founders of the eugenix (dr Sethi and dr arika) is indeed expensive but you could select the lower packages of Eugenix with other doctors of the clinic which are affordable starting from 75 RS and you could get a quite similar result. 

• Like 1

Contact Eugenix, look nowhere else in India. Eugenix stands tall in the entire Asia, the exclusive package is good to go with. My advise to you will be to dig deeper and see results in cases similar to you. Cheers. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 12:50 AM, Gatsby said:

Dr Bhatti is 60 INR. Eugenix is 75 INR. The difference in results would night and day. But if 60 INR is too much then I would really reconsider having surgery as a high Norwood. 

Dr Bhatti has since increased his rates.