2 Months Post Fue Op - Do Spiky Hairs = New Growth?

hi guys, I'm 8 weeks post fue transplant and I can feel Spiky Little Hairs in between the old hair when I run my fingers through my hair (recipient area)

Is this new growth? Or?

They are not noticeable to see so can't see any viual difference when looking in mirror.

Thanks!

Nolan,

if you feel new signs of hair growth, then it probably is. Two months is a bit early, but it is possible. But keep in mind it will take some time for that hair to grow and become visible. Sometimes transplanted hair starts by growing in thin, fine and colorless and takes up to 12 to 18 months to thicken, darken and mature.

I hope this helps

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

1 hour ago, NikosHair said:

Spikey hairs tend to be the grafts that havent grown and havent shed yet.

As @Rahal Hair Transplant says the new hairs will be fine and wispy. You don't get that stubble effect as they are soft.

Try to get some magnification of the recipient area and see what you have.

thanks for the insight, that makes sense. So assuming they are grafts that haven't grown or shed yet is that normal at this stage? 

4 minutes ago, Nolan said:

thanks for the insight, that makes sense. So assuming they are grafts that haven't grown or shed yet is that normal at this stage? 

Perfectly normal at this stage. All good stuff is happening below the surface. If the hair hasnt grown then it is most likely dead. Note I said hair is dead not the FU. The new hairs will just push through. Under magnification you will see early growth sooner but around 3 months you could see visible growth with naked eye. It may take a bit longer so dont panic.

Hair growth plays by its own rules😊

• Like 1