How many grafts needed for each cm of hairline lowering?

• Moderators

Just doing some simple math I figure it to be something like this:

50 grafts per square centimeter at about 18 centimeters across the forehead comes to 900 grafts. You can measure your own forehead width and adjust the grafts per centimeter for your own personal estimate.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

I will add that depending on what your current hairline looks like, you may be able to get away with using only a few hundred scattered grafts along the hairline to make sort of a transition zone. This can gave the effect of looking like your hairline is lower without using up too many grafts and can also give it a more natural look as the hairline will not be a straight wall of hair.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

12 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I know obviously every person is different, but looking for ballpark ranges on the range of grafts required per every cm of hairline lowering - with good density to boot?

edit

Edited by shiba1985