Uneven hairline - opinions

kamen

Hi everyone. I'm 25 years old and decided to get a small HT (1300 grafts) on my receding temples which had been making me insecure for a few years. The procedure went very smoothly and I'm generally satisfied with everything. However, it has now been a couple20221223_220313.thumb.jpg.3f985155002bb952e855d75edb051d88.jpg20221225_143734.thumb.jpg.bb5bc481fa365b855eb3fde2a306d808.jpg20221223_220313.thumb.jpg.3f985155002bb952e855d75edb051d88.jpg days since the procedure (swelling went away) and I noticed that the design of my hairline is uneven. Naturally I'm a bit concerned and I'm wondering if I should reach out to the doctor for a small retouch just to fix this. What do you all think?

Is an uneven hairline normal? And, would I be risking anything by trying to get it fixed?

20221225_143801.jpg

Oh yeah that's uneven, but I think it looks natural, your hairline pre transplant on that side looks to be more receded than the other. It's also less obvious from a straight angle you might be fine.

Edited by Henry
Wrong spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. No natural hairline is even, you shouldnt worry about that.

2. What you should be really worried about is the fact that there is absolutely  no connection between the transplanted grafts and your natural hair, was the surgeon blind or what?? Name the clinic please.

Edited by BaldV
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, BaldV said:

2. What you should be really worried about is the fact that there absolutely no connection between the transplanted grafts and your natural hair, was the surgeon blind or what?? Name the clinic please.

agree.

@kamen I'm surprised your main/only(?) concern is the uneven hairline, considering there is a gap between the transplant and native hair. 

Even if your transplant hair grows in well, unfortunately the gap will make this not look good. Your person who graduated with a medical degree (I refuse to call whoever operated on you a 'doctor') literally condemned you to a mandatory 2nd HT to fill in the gap. 

1300 grafts was not enough for you. I feel like this person who operated on you felt you couldn't pay for more than 1300 grafts, so instead of declining to operate on you, decided to give you what can only be called a partial HT, and decide to go along with 1300 even though you needed more. 

This artificial gap is unacceptable and you need to demand a refund. 

Let's just hope and pray that the grafts this person did implant are not misangled. 

Can you please share the name of the doctor/clinic?

This goes beyond bad work and goes into the unethical in my opinion. No way even the worst doctor out there wouldn't realize you needed more grafts. This hair transplant quack ended the procedure knowing that this would be an issue. Its their fault they underestimated the graft count, god forbid they give you more grafts for free in order to not botch you. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

agree.

@kamen I'm surprised your main/only(?) concern is the uneven hairline, considering there is a gap between the transplant and native hair. 

Even if your transplant hair grows in well, unfortunately the gap will make this not look good. Your person who graduated with a medical degree (I refuse to call whoever operated on you a 'doctor') literally condemned you to a mandatory 2nd HT to fill in the gap. 

1300 grafts was not enough for you. I feel like this person who operated on you felt you couldn't pay for more than 1300 grafts, so instead of declining to operate on you, decided to give you what can only be called a partial HT, and decide to go along with 1300 even though you needed more. 

This artificial gap is unacceptable and you need to demand a refund. 

Let's just hope and pray that the grafts this person did implant are not misangled. 

Can you please share the name of the doctor/clinic?

This goes beyond bad work and goes into the unethical in my opinion. No way even the worst doctor out there wouldn't realize you needed more grafts. This hair transplant quack ended the procedure knowing that this would be an issue. Its their fault they underestimated the graft count, god forbid they give you more grafts for free in order to not botch you. 

Thank you for your input! I appreciate your advice.
However, I assure you my hairloss was not that bad. The gap you see is a result of my surgeon shaving off a big part of the recipient area for the surgery. It has been 14 days since my HT and the gap is almost non-existent now. As I said, the only concern I had was the uneven hairline.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/3/2023 at 2:14 AM, kamen said:

Thank you for your input! I appreciate your advice.
However, I assure you my hairloss was not that bad. The gap you see is a result of my surgeon shaving off a big part of the recipient area for the surgery. It has been 14 days since my HT and the gap is almost non-existent now. As I said, the only concern I had was the uneven hairline.

Can you take a photo now please?

It looks disconnected to me.

33 minutes ago, TheManeMan said:

Can you take a photo now please?

It looks disconnected to me.

This is how it looks 3 months & 2 weeks (almost 15 weeks) after the procedure. Both pictures were taken today. The only concerns I had to this point were that one side seemed to be growing back significantly faster than the other, and also I noticed some small patches where no hair had grown back yet, but I was reassured by the doctor that at this stage this is normal.

Let me know what you think. 

20230403_122907.jpg

20230403_122708.jpg

2 hours ago, BaldV said:

Glad to see there is no gap, nothing to worry about at this point, everything seems normal, this is the point when growth should be starting

Thank you, appreciate the feedback!