do you agree with this quotation about hair sprouting?

"By 6 months, approximately 60% – 70% of the new hairs have fully penetrated through the scalp"
https://fellermedical.com/hair-transplant-growth-timeline/

I'm 6 months post ht and I've havn't seen new sprouting for the last 1.5 months. this is discouraging as my hairline still isn't dense enough to comb up. 

how long would you wait before going on a touch-up?

Yeah by and large this is the case... you have to be at like month 9 to get any real sense of needing a touch up. Lots happening for you over the next few months. Most places will all say wait a full year.

1 minute ago, ray35 said:

Yeah by and large this is the case... you have to be at like month 9 to get any real sense of needing a touch up. Lots happening for you over the next few months. Most places will all say wait a full year.

thank you. I've been looking for studies about this,couldn't find any sady..

• Like 1

I saw your HDC thread... it's just tough to tell at this point. Hang in there, you should be just fine. That hair line looks like it's coming in as it should. I get the concern given that post op scab stuff... but if that area was a problem and wiped out grafts it would be far more visible a problem now too. So I suspect you'll be ok.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yan bio said:

I've been looking for studies about this,couldn't find any sady..

I've repeatedly heard the timeline for growth quoted but not seen the independent research.

How difficult can it be to get 200 HT patients to have their scalp analysed for 12 month and provide the REAL data?

Anyone actually seen a study to backup the claims?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ray35 said:

I saw your HDC thread... it's just tough to tell at this point. Hang in there, you should be just fine. That hair line looks like it's coming in as it should. I get the concern given that post op scab stuff... but if that area was a problem and wiped out grafts it would be far more visible a problem now too. So I suspect you'll be ok.  

this is an image (taken from the above video) - hairline really looks like it's coming out as it should..? 

image.png.c55f9d3e24836a4a1539c005b38f29db.png

6 hours ago, Yan bio said:

I'm 6 months post ht and I've havn't seen new sprouting for the last 1.5 months. this is discouraging as my hairline still isn't dense enough to comb up. 

how long would you wait before going on a touch-up?

I think you need to speak to the clinic and take it from there. The whole process is a waiting game, with ups & downs.

5 minutes ago, NikosHair said:

I've repeatedly heard the timeline for growth quoted but not seen the independent research.

How difficult can it be to get 200 HT patients to have their scalp analysed for 12 month and provide the REAL data?

Anyone actually seen a study to backup the claims?

do you think the time frames are actually something like 

85-90% sprouting at 6 months?

I definitely get the concern for that center area... but you're seeing hairs that popped early along with areas that at this point may be just surfacing and may be that darn near invisible looking kind of hair that needs to mature.... in the next couple months it'll come a lot clearer. I've seen others with that same concern turn out be 💯  fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yan bio said:

do you think the time frames are actually something like 

85-90% sprouting at 6 months?

Without seeing the data I can't say.

These doctors are men of science yet fail to cite the evidence to backup their claims.

We then get the forums trotting out the same anecdotal claims as fact.

3 hours ago, Yan bio said:

this is an image (taken from the above video) - hairline really looks like it's coming out as it should..? 

image.png.c55f9d3e24836a4a1539c005b38f29db.png

6 months is still very early. You have a lot of maturation coming, so your transplant can’t be judged at this point.

Just make sure to keep in close contact with HDC. They are an extremely ethical and honorable clinic. If you remember when we spoke, I have a thin area (mine due to scabbing), and @Doron Harati assured me that if I ever wanted them to touch it up, they would do it for free without question. HDC stands behind their work and their patients.

My result came out amazing otherwise, and I can hide my area with how I comb my hair, so I haven’t taken them up on it. But have peace of mind knowing that if needed, they will take care of you. 

Keep in contact with them and give it a few more months. Try not to worry just yet (I know it’s easy to say, but please try not to worry yet).

Edited by Parasol
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Parasol said:

6 months is still very early. You have a lot of maturation coming, so your transplant can’t be judged at this point.

Just make sure to keep in close contact with HDC. They are an extremely ethical and honorable clinic. If you remember when we spoke, I have a thin area (mine due to scabbing), and @Doron Harati assured me that if I ever wanted them to touch it up, they would do it for free without question. 

My result came out amazing otherwise, and I can hide my area with how I comb my hair, so I haven’t taken them up on it. But have peace of mind knowing that if needed, they will take care of you. 

Keep in contact with them and give it a few more months. Try not to worry just yet (I know it’s easy to say, but please try not to worry yet).

Hi parasol - I relly appreciate your reply.
Yes, I know 6 months isn't the end-result, but regarding the term you're using - "maturing" - I really feel it's less a question of maturation and more of follicles who didn't grow?

I know Doron and he's a great guy, so does the rest of HDC team and of course Dr. Maras who is a true gentleman and I really felt he and the team caring for me. I must say my 'fear' is not whether I'm going to get a good result in the end - because If needed I'll do a touch-up, it's just that I felt "almost there" after months of waiting which as we know is difficult, and now I feel like I have 6 more months to wait for final results, and then after a 2'nd HT wait another 6 months for it to grow to some degree. I feel like all of a sudden my 'remaining waiting time' for nice results is going to change from 1-2 months in the near future to 1 year, and this feels heart sinking..

57 minutes ago, Yan bio said:

Hi parasol - I relly appreciate your reply.
Yes, I know 6 months isn't the end-result, but regarding the term you're using - "maturing" - I really feel it's less a question of maturation and more of follicles who didn't grow?

I know Doron and he's a great guy, so does the rest of HDC team and of course Dr. Maras who is a true gentleman and I really felt he and the team caring for me. I must say my 'fear' is not whether I'm going to get a good result in the end - because If needed I'll do a touch-up, it's just that I felt "almost there" after months of waiting which as we know is difficult, and now I feel like I have 6 more months to wait for final results, and then after a 2'nd HT wait another 6 months for it to grow to some degree. I feel like all of a sudden my 'remaining waiting time' for nice results is going to change from 1-2 months in the near future to 1 year, and this feels heart sinking..

I totally understand. The waiting is painful and emotionally draining. We all have this surgery because we want to feel like ourselves again, and it’s a horrible feeling putting our lives on hold (even if just a little bit) while we wait for this hair to grow or find out it’s not going to grow.

It’s hard to say how your result will turn out. But I do hope you can find some comfort in the fact that you chose a clinic that will stand behind you. 

Lots of people go to hairmills that don’t care about you once they get your money. Then, if the result turns out sub-par (if they’re lucky, and not butchered!), these patients have nowhere to turn to and have to start the process of finding and paying for a clinic all over again (if their donors aren’t depleted!).

HDC I’m sure will have your back no matter what. 

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk. I obviously can’t do anything about getting your hair to grow but I’m a good listener :)

And definitely keep in contact with Doron and HDC so they can track your progress and come up with a game plan if eventually it is necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Parasol said:

I totally understand. The waiting is painful and emotionally draining. We all have this surgery because we want to feel like ourselves again, and it’s a horrible feeling putting our lives on hold (even if just a little bit) while we wait for this hair to grow or find out it’s not going to grow.

It’s hard to say how your result will turn out. But I do hope you can find some comfort in the fact that you chose a clinic that will stand behind you. 

Lots of people go to hairmills that don’t care about you once they get your money. Then, if the result turns out sub-par (if they’re lucky, and not butchered!), these patients have nowhere to turn to and have to start the process of finding and paying for a clinic all over again (if their donors aren’t depleted!).

HDC I’m sure will have your back no matter what. 

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk. I obviously can’t do anything about getting your hair to grow but I’m a good listener :)

And definitely keep in contact with Doron and HDC so they can track your progress and come up with a game plan if eventually it is necessary.

Parasol, thank you for being so nice and empathic, I really and truely appreciate every word and intention my friend 😎

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind words.

The patient was coordinated by local coordinators and not by me, therefore I don't have his medical nor process info.

Our job as coordinators is to follow up with the patient for the whole process, I suggest that if any issue is bothering the patient, he can contact us right away.

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.