Advice for current hairloss recession

cont1234

Hi All,

I have been actively seeking hair restoration for my receding hairline and following a fair amount of research, and would appreciate some advice regarding my current situation.

I’m a 29 year old who has suffered mild hairloss, recession only, and currently take oral minoxidil what has appeared to have stabilised the situation at present. Picture below is with damp hair pulled backwards, with no diffuse thinning.

ADD972AB-590F-4C8A-A328-4B324DB308C4.thumb.jpeg.7672dffdc24809cb6a69830ffa4c9f38.jpeg

I live in the UK, and would prefer not to travel if possible. I have had consultations with both Dr Bisanga and Dr Raghu Reddy, both with very different suggested grafts (Dr reddy proposing a conservative 1200 grafts). Note, I would certainly consider a short travel for Dr Bisanga based on what I have seen.

To complicate matters I am predisposed to keloids (discussed in a separate forum) as well as suffer with seborrheic dermatitis therefore will of course require careful consideration for surgery and post recovery. 

I am extremely keen to get the best possible result as well as having a surgeon who is  understanding/experienced in the potential issues I present.

Does any have any advice they could provide, and whether 1200 grafts seems sufficient for a good result based on the picture provided, and finally would there be any other surgeons worth considering in the Uk? 

Thanks All.

I don't think it's unreasonable for you to want to address this. The hair loss isn't severe - and by many standards, you don't have anything to worry about - but whether or not to address hair loss is a very subjective decision, and if it bothers you, it bothers you. The important thing is that you're being mindful not to rush into anything and are doing the proper legwork to make sure it is indeed a good decision for you.  

As far as surgeons in the UK, someone you could reach out to would be Dr. Farjo in London. In fact, here's a recent thread he posted of a patient whose situation was very similar to yours. (Late 20s, receding hairline, small-ish procedure, etc.) 

Glad you found this forum, and good luck on this journey! 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 1 month later...

@Faitsen01, no decision as of yet, still currently weighing up my options whilst most importantly taking the time to ensure my hair-loss is stable prior to surgery.

Dr Reddy is a little more expensive as expected with london, although the closer distance is certainly a benefit. From what I have seen Dr Reddy’s results seem very good although there seems to be a lack of documented results on this forum. Dr Reddy also appears more conservative with his grafts.

The advice I always give fellow hair loss sufferers wanting a ht, is simply to go and have in person consults, get to know your surgeon. It shouldn’t be rushed 30-60 mins face time discussing things with your surgeon should be the only way to approach this procedure. It doesn’t really matter who you go to, as your doing solid research and it’s brought you to good conclusions. But take your time don’t feel rushed. You should also be able to connect with your surgeon as you’ll be on communications with them over the next couple of years atleast. 

all the best

• Valued Contributor
On 12/16/2022 at 3:00 AM, cont1234 said:

Hi All,

I have been actively seeking hair restoration for my receding hairline and following a fair amount of research, and would appreciate some advice regarding my current situation.

I’m a 29 year old who has suffered mild hairloss, recession only, and currently take oral minoxidil what has appeared to have stabilised the situation at present. Picture below is with damp hair pulled backwards, with no diffuse thinning.

ADD972AB-590F-4C8A-A328-4B324DB308C4.thumb.jpeg.7672dffdc24809cb6a69830ffa4c9f38.jpeg

I live in the UK, and would prefer not to travel if possible. I have had consultations with both Dr Bisanga and Dr Raghu Reddy, both with very different suggested grafts (Dr reddy proposing a conservative 1200 grafts). Note, I would certainly consider a short travel for Dr Bisanga based on what I have seen.

To complicate matters I am predisposed to keloids (discussed in a separate forum) as well as suffer with seborrheic dermatitis therefore will of course require careful consideration for surgery and post recovery. 

I am extremely keen to get the best possible result as well as having a surgeon who is  understanding/experienced in the potential issues I present.

Does any have any advice they could provide, and whether 1200 grafts seems sufficient for a good result based on the picture provided, and finally would there be any other surgeons worth considering in the Uk? 

Thanks All.

First of all u dnt need a transplant ..u r looking very good as u r bt still if it is concerning u and affecting u negatively and taking ur confidence down thn u cn go for it...

Dr reddy is a good doctor and u cn choose him....if traveling isnt an issue thn u hav many options - bisanga is good and u cn consider dr munib ahmad as well..he seems to be doing excellent hairline work and even he is doing evry part of the surgery himself...

Edited by Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023