Dr Hasson | November/December 2022 | 3872 FUE Grafts | 22M

mister_25

5 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I hesitate to say this, but something I've noticed on this forum is that people tend to "err on the side of optimism" when it comes to stuff like this. If people say you have an above average donor, that likely means you have an average donor. If people say you have an average donor, that likely means you have a sub-average donor. "Donor" of course doesn't just mean the amount of grafts available, it also means the caliber of the grafts, # of hairs per graft, ect 

This isn't to imply you did anything wrong. This doesn't mean you aren't a candidate for HT. But I do worry that this forum sometimes creates a false hope for people when it should be a bit more discerning. 

That isn't to say HW did everything right. I'm not smart enough on HT's to really get into the fine details the way some are. But to be honest I don't think the people who told you you have an above average or fantastic donor are correct at all. 

I personally don't think donor ahs anything to do with the result. With future potential procedures sure. But with the result? heck no. The post op photos of OP's donor look like what a donor after 4k grafts extracted form should look like. If he did have any issues with his donor then why would h7W even operate on him? I asked my surgeon to examine my scalp and crown area for miniaturization before my surgery as well. 

Patients with finer hair need grafts to placed at correct angles, direction, etc. to get the illusion of density. This did not occur here. with 4k =grafts OP should of gotten a lot better result. 

OP if you could make a 1 X 1 squared CM box and take a photo of it on your receipt area you can calculate the density of your hairline/frontal 3rd. If it's anywhere between 40-50 grafts/cm^2 that means that number of grafts that grew and were probably designed for were correct it's just that the angulation of all the hairline grafts are completely wrong. I attached a snippet from Shapiro's hair transplantation book of what correct angulation should look like. 

If my assumptions are correct. if OP's angulation was just placed a bit different his hairline wouldn't have the see through effect that it has now. I don't think yield/Density is as import here as much as angulation is. Again this was stressed by multiple TOP surgeons that I have consulted with. 

Also hair standing up at 90 degrees rom the scale or even at 70 degrees is not natural you don't see that on a virgin/non balding scalp. 

The bigger issue here is the surgical planning, design, angulation, direction, and graft placement. 

image.png.75bb7b1906f3af1d078f76b298d19efc.pngimage.png.b9d548eeeb5d9549f568e27b66f877a5.png

3 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

Patients with finer hair need grafts to placed at correct angles, direction, etc. to get the illusion of density. This did not occur here. with 4k =grafts OP should of gotten a lot better result. 

Poor angles or not, people with finer hair are always going to get a less stellar result compared to someone with thicker hair. 

image.png.26e8f45a8fd89d744f75a5826039f7d8.png

Also looking at the pre and post op photos it seems like OP''s bald spot in his crown got larger. Probably due to 2 reasons:

1.) continued hair loss without being on medication (which it seems like OP has been on medication and he said his hair loss stabilized for 2 years before surgery

or

2.)  Existing hairs/transplanted hairs got transected or were lost due to low blood circulation for being placed way to close to one another. This is why I am in fact against placing grafts in rows and columns instead of placing them between existing hairs. 

I know Wong responded here about placing grafts in rows and columns in thee following thread below, BUT he did not mention placing grafts grafts in rows and columns in between existing hairs. If anything you SHOULDN'T be placing grafts in rows and columns between existing hairs but rather between them. Again something that has been discussed on this forum and at all my consultations with surgeons. 

4 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Poor angles or not, people with finer hair are always going to get a less stellar result compared to someone with thicker hair. 

Completely agree. And I did not say that at all.  If you have a hair caliber of double the hair of another patient you don't need to implant as many grafts in the thicker's hair patient because the hair will cover double the amount of scalp per square cm then the patient with finer hair.

That being said, in order to create the illusion of density the patient's hair still needs to be placed as a low angulation so it sits on the scalp and covers more surface area. This is what creates the illusion of density. And a reason as to why Turkey is known for being hair mills is because of how unnatural their results are. Why are they unnatural? Angulation and surgical planning are COMPLETELY off.

This is especially true of higher norwood (4 through 6) where they are fighting a mathematical problem that is that they don't have enough hair from the donor to implant and reach the native hair density before they started balding. SO how do you fix this problem? Illusion of density. Angulation of grafts, direction, and carefully placing them between existing grafts. 

HT are a math problem (number of grafts available vs number of grafts required for a specific Norwood scale/patient) and and then art in terms of having the most experienced doctor be able to place the grafts in specific directions and angulations to create the most desirable result that creates the illusion of density.

This is why so many people pay top dollar to top doctors to get their experience and art and hairline/surgical planning. If he just wanted to move grafts from one place to another he could of went to turkey but he obviously didn't based on his initial summary and research. 

3 hours ago, mister_25 said:

I keep hearing the “you did everything right and as a patient made a fully informed and correct decision” arguement here, but what does that mean for my case exactly? That no matter what and that even if I selected any other surgeon that my results were destined to be poor? Is that what is being implied here?

To be honest, this comment and many others like it just make me feel worse about myself.

1. A poster here implied that my tonsillitis could of had realistically a massive effect on my yield, which implies that Dr Hasson was negligent and lied to me saying it would have no impact on the surgery.

Everyone here meant that as in you are responsible and not impulsive, nobody meant that to make you feel bad about yourself, on the contrary.

on this other point, I would listen to a Doctor over a poster on a forum. 

• Like 1

@stephcurry30 Please go back to page 1 of this thread, and look at the post-op pictures. You can clearly see the correct angulation of the grafts, both in the hairline and the crown. They sit at the correct angles to the scalp. You can also clearly see that the grafts placed in the crown follows the patients natural crown whorl. Perhaps styling of the hair makes them stick upwards. We also know that it takes some time for the hairs to mature and soften and lay down, most often more than 12 months.

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

10 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

image.png.26e8f45a8fd89d744f75a5826039f7d8.png

Also looking at the pre and post op photos it seems like OP''s bald spot in his crown got larger. Probably due to 2 reasons:

1.) continued hair loss without being on medication (which it seems like OP has been on medication and he said his hair loss stabilized for 2 years before surgery

or

2.)  Existing hairs/transplanted hairs got transected or were lost due to low blood circulation for being placed way to close to one another. This is why I am in fact against placing grafts in rows and columns instead of placing them between existing hairs. 

I know Wong responded here about placing grafts in rows and columns in thee following thread below, BUT he did not mention placing grafts grafts in rows and columns in between existing hairs. If anything you SHOULDN'T be placing grafts in rows and columns between existing hairs but rather between them. Again something that has been discussed on this forum and at all my consultations with surgeons. 

Seven photos, two taken in the 9th of September, one of these is exposing my crown but not the worst it can look and the other is what it looks like combed back in my ideal style right now.  

Two taken at around 2 weeks post op. To illustrate that the angles/placement looks much more acceptable when taken from a direct crown shot.

One taken two weeks post op, and two taken around 3 weeks post op.

I do not believe it’s a angle/placement issue, in my opinion the primary issue is yield and the secondary issue is hair thickening. In fairness to the conversation the photos you shared of my hair pointing up were taken at 6 months, when the hair only started to properly grow and was very immature, this was especially obvious when my hair is combed forward but it’s slowly improving from 9 months onward.

the crown expanding is a scary thought, but I do not believe this to be the case. You can see the outline of my Norwood 5 pattern remains the same when you lineup from the where my part transitions from donor to mid scalp/top of my head.

10 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I hesitate to say this, but something I've noticed on this forum is that people tend to "err on the side of optimism" when it comes to stuff like this. If people say you have an above average donor, that likely means you have an average donor. If people say you have an average donor, that likely means you have a sub-average donor. "Donor" of course doesn't just mean the amount of grafts available, it also means the caliber of the grafts, # of hairs per graft, ect 

This isn't to imply you did anything wrong. This doesn't mean you aren't a candidate for HT. But I do worry that this forum sometimes creates a false hope for people when it should be a bit more discerning. 

That isn't to say HW did everything right. I'm not smart enough on HT's to really get into the fine details the way some are. But to be honest I don't think the people who told you you have an above average or fantastic donor are correct at all. 

100% agree that people tend to be optimistic towards donors, especially on other forums like reddit and foreign forums, but I do not believe that this point accurately fits my case

I heard the complete true opposite ends of the abstract donor spectrum.

I am hearing the doomsday diagnosis of DUPA which can not be described as “bad” but more “horribly unreliable” and hearing the true opposite of “fantastic donor”. It’s not simply just people saying my donor is good when it’s average. It’s people saying I am in the best of the best and the worst of the worst, you cannot get any more different.

10 hours ago, Savemyhairline said:

Everyone here meant that as in you are responsible and not impulsive, nobody meant that to make you feel bad about yourself, on the contrary.

on this other point, I would listen to a Doctor over a poster on a forum. 

I am aware, it’s just that this particularly bothers me because I’m a practical person, I believe hard work, effort and efficient processes are what you need to do to get what you want. The fact that I did all this but still got a result that is disappointing is frustrating enough, but what is more frustrating is that there is genuinely nothing to fault me for and that it could be entirely possible that this is genuinely the best result I could of possibly gotten due to physiological reasons. Which is probably the worst case scenario for a surgery to fail outside of necrosis and really terrible and irredeemable angles.

f my assumptions are correct. if OP's angulation was just placed a bit different his hairline wouldn't have the see through effect that it has now. I don't think yield/Density is as import here as much as angulation is. Again this was stressed by multiple TOP surgeons that I have consulted with. 

Also hair standing up at 90 degrees rom the scale or even at 70 degrees is not natural you don't see that on a virgin/non balding scalp. 

The bigger issue here is the surgical planning, design, angulation, direction, and graft placement. 

image.png.75bb7b1906f3af1d078f76b298d19efc.png

These are the three photos I have that are closest to mimicing these photos back when I was a few weeks post op.

image.png.6df12e9509aefe9727ecadf1bb086a04.png

FB37B065-A16A-400F-8BAC-B56892CA6A9E.png

I believe this photo below might of been taken during the beginning of the shedding phase.

377651AA-CBD7-4147-A327-8B971AE7761B.png

Going forward OP I would honestly have ion person consultations with other surgeons. Seems like you're locate in canada?

No I'm from Australia, any consultation with a noteworthy clinic would require me to travel half way across the world or at the very least a flight outside my country. 

11 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

That being said it did effect how I "lived' my 20's and why I understand you'd want to get a surgery so young. 

If the surgery met my expectations, I would probably of had "breathing room" by now all the way to June 2024 for my next procedure, and then have met my goals by the age of 25. Early 20s may of been ruined because of the hairloss but I would atleast have mid/late twenties with confidence. But because that the outcome does not match what the expectations were and the fact that most of the surgeons I am able to place my trust in are booked all the way into 2025, its looking like to meet my goals I would probably be 28-29. If I am able to meet them at all. 

I do not know how much donor supply I have, but the only thing I know that can point me in a general number or idea is this. Dr Hasson originally planned my transplant around achieving my goals that I would be happy with, I would of needed the 3872 grafts I had implanted and a further 2000 grafts for the midscalp/crown. Because of the conservative hairline choice, I would also have a further supply in case I would ever be approaching NW6/7 territory. In my opinion, its looking like to achieve my original goals, I will need to dip into these reserves partially or fully. I am hoping I am wrong.

And if anyone is wondering If I have been in contact with the clinic, my last email from them was on the 13th of September with the reply being "Dr Hasson has reviewed the latest photos, he feels its looks pretty good and has improved from the 8 month post-op mark. He believes you are experiencing delayed growth. He expects further improvement and wants to give it to the 12 month mark to see where it's at then" 

Obviously all I can do is wait, and even if I have significant improvement like Dr Hasson expects I generally have to be realistic and I have my doubts/reservations on how much this improvement will be.

Crown Photos (9th September)

E792BA34-C2E7-4E3B-8B17-D152B5361089.jpeg

89F96F75-7386-49DA-9A66-228F3B40BA3D.jpeg

Early Days Post Op

4972281D-4395-462E-8099-33F0D4B0032D.png

940A2149-CC34-46B1-AE83-177078CF62B8.png

Edited by mister_25

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• Administrators

Guys,

I hope you all understand that your words have a big impact. All of these conversations are carrying a lot of unnecessary stress on OP. 

How can anyone say his crown has gotten worse. Based on the photos he’s presented, it’s clear, it has improved. Obviously, not to the point that he wants. But he looks better overall. 

BB71602C-F789-45F5-804F-9A7B87DAF71C.jpeg

There’s a way to be critical of a clinic without harming the patient. That hasn’t been done here. For the time being, I ask you all to please be considerate that this member is a young man dealing with hair loss and trying to navigate the emotional roller coaster of getting a hair transplant at 22. 

I do believe that stress can delay growth, and can cause telogen effluvium. The less stress OP has, the better. For the time being, the best option is to wait and see how things pan out without external stressors. If at 12 months he’s dissatisfied, I’m positive H&W will make it right. But we haven’t gotten there yet.

• Like 4
  • Well Done 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are photos I took today about a week post 10 months. This is taken in the best lighting that makes it look the best I can possibly make it.

I have no confidence in moving forward due to the conflicting and contradicting insights/points found here. I cannot make a informed decision based on these contradictions.

I don’t want to get into it, but I am really having insecurity issues and feelings of self hate associated with shame and embassment because of this ordeal. But at the same time, I can acknowledge how far I’ve come since I started taking finasteride and minoxidil back in the beginning of 2021

Im really overwhelmed here, I don’t even know anymore if I’m capable of getting a head of hair anymore. I am just exhausted, all of my funds go towards hair transplant savings, travel, accomodation, psychiatric help and medication, all of that money so I can feel secure in my appearance but now I just feel awful about it. Like I am wasting time and energy on something that won’t work.

F094802D-B409-4D34-A25D-28E4D4163615.png

2B403C88-21D5-426E-BBDB-A502C35AB410.png

26840473-ED50-4011-B016-08EF7817C542.png

8925B83C-40C9-4BAE-B452-6C71AB58F5CE.png

Edited by mister_25
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, mister_25 said:

Here are photos I took today about a week post 10 months. This is taken in the best lighting that makes it look the best I can possibly make it.

I have no confidence in moving forward due to the conflicting and contradicting insights/points found here. I cannot make a informed decision based on these contradictions.

I don’t want to get into it, but I am really having insecurity issues and feelings of self hate associated with shame and embassment because of this ordeal. But at the same time, I can acknowledge how far I’ve come since I started taking finasteride and minoxidil back in the beginning of 2021

Im really overwhelmed here, I don’t even know anymore if I’m capable of getting a head of hair anymore. I am just exhausted, all of my funds go towards hair transplant savings, travel, accomodation, psychiatric help and medication, all of that money so I can feel secure in my appearance but now I just feel awful about it. Like I am wasting time and energy on something that won’t work.

F094802D-B409-4D34-A25D-28E4D4163615.png

2B403C88-21D5-426E-BBDB-A502C35AB410.png

26840473-ED50-4011-B016-08EF7817C542.png

8925B83C-40C9-4BAE-B452-6C71AB58F5CE.png

I think your hair is looking better! I’m looking back to your pre op photos and even photos from a month ago and I’m seeing a noticeable difference. I know you mentioned the lighting which of course has an effect, and at the end of the day it only matters if it looks better to YOU, but from an outside perspective it looks like a big improvement from these pics. You also seem to have dark hair with light skin, which gives a stronger contrast, so any of the thinner parts anywhere on your head may stick out to you more than they would if you were dark skin + dark hair for example. I feel like If some of those hairs in the frontal third can just thicken up a little bit in the next couple months you’ll have a good result, and I see 0% of your crown in the aerial view pic, I know your hair is slicked back but still, that has to count for something.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mister_25 said:

as a botched repair patient I can tell you its absolutely possible to spend all your time and waking hours worrying about your hair

My advice is to invest and try to focus on all non-hair related aspects of your life - whether it be work, school, dating, other hobbies

I honestly don't think your hair affects your actual life. Even with dating I don't think your hair situation will have any effect

While your hair concerns are legitimate, you just need to focus on other areas of your life. 

I know its hard, but your options are A) spend all your hours thinking about your hair and letting it advesely affect your life and mental health or B) focus on other areas of your life and realize - while your hair is definitely a work-in-progress, it honestly has zero impact on your actual life. 

Ex. if a girl rejects you, I can pretty much guarantee its not because of your hair

By getting your 1st HT you have signed up for a multi-year journey. You are in control of how you spend these years.

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs-down 1

• Administrators

You’re focusing on the negatives, and not on the positives. If I were to do that, i’d be extremely unhappy. The truth is you look better, and while not ideal, another procedure can get you to where you want. 

59E01B85-3C3F-41C1-82C8-C89690DAAF1C.jpeg

• Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

as a botched repair patient I can tell you its absolutely possible to spend all your time and waking hours worrying about your hair

My advice is to invest and try to focus on all non-hair related aspects of your life - whether it be work, school, dating, other hobbies

I honestly don't think your hair affects your actual life. Even with dating I don't think your hair situation will have any effect

While your hair concerns are legitimate, you just need to focus on other areas of your life. 

I know its hard, but your options are A) spend all your hours thinking about your hair and letting it advesely affect your life and mental health or B) focus on other areas of your life and realize - while your hair is definitely a work-in-progress, it honestly has zero impact on your actual life. 

Ex. if a girl rejects you, I can pretty much guarantee its not because of your hair

By getting your 1st HT you have signed up for a multi-year journey. You are in control of how you spend these years.

I don’t agree with your statement on dating, to be brutally honest hair does matter - a lot. Bald/balding guys are going to have a much more difficult time attracting a girl. 
99% of women don’t find find a guy with a receding hairline attractive, balding is an unattractive trait. Especially in your 20s.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sunset Dune said:

I don’t agree with your statement on dating, to be brutally honest hair does matter - a lot. Bald/balding guys are going to have a much more difficult time attracting a girl. 
99% of women don’t find find a guy with a receding hairline attractive, balding is an unattractive trait. Especially in your 20s.

I read his comment the same way you did at first as in he was implying hair on any man won’t affect their life/dating, but then I reread it within the context and I believe he is specifically talking about OP’s hair, as in it’s not that bad currently. Not just any balding/bald man in general.  i think we all know here how important hair is for younger men and how balding can destroy a young man’s self esteem. I mean when you see superstars who are in their 30s, and 40s even and beyond like Francis Ngannou, Lebron, Connor Mcgregor, David Beckham, many many others etc who have all the money fame and anything you could want, STILL not accept hair loss and combat it, that tells you everything you need to know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunset Dune said:

Its more than just dating. I've been treated differently depending on what social circles I am in by people I once thought of as my friends.

Also even if my balding had no effect on my dating life such as covering up with fibers. The insecurity and lack of confidence associated with my hair loss surely will.

It is a big personal issue for me on multiple fronts. I'm not expecting for my hair to come back and all the damage to be  undone to my mental health and relationships, but I just want to feel a sense of normalcy and not have "balding early 20s" as my defining physical trait.

3 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I am taking your advice, I took it the first time around. I've started to see a psychiatrist and I've returned to my diet and my hobbies as past times. But thats all they are now, past times. They no longer serve as a sense of fulfilment to me.

I am treating it as a work in progress, it's just what I was told to expect and what I expected myself is such a mismatch to reality. It's gotten me anxious for any future surgery because if I yield poorly the first time around, what's to say it won't happen again?

I was told two surgeries were needed, but I can't realistically see my goals being met if my growth the first time around is the standard that's set for me. It's looking like 3 to 6 possible surgeries at this rate and I'll be 26-30 by the time its all over.

I don't want my 20s to be remembered as me hating myself for a insecurity that I fought with everyday with all my effort and it still wasn't enough.

Edited by mister_25
  • Like 3

If it is any consolation I recently went through a massive shed due to oral minox. I thought it was further hair loss or more aggressive hair loss. But I rebounded a bit and everything seems to be bouncing back. Sometimes these things happen and it makes it worse mentally. 

Regardless of outcome just remember. No matter how many operations or procedures you are satisfied with you will continue to lose ground. Just make sure you are aware of future proofing and potentially getting more procedures even if they are minor touch ups or bigger procedures. (Even with amazing survival rate)

Its too straining on yourself to make it all perfect. My best advice is to give yourself some more time and see all the alternative options you can explore before any future surgical routes.

most definitely things are not over and it may not the best outcome but giving yourself this timeline of accomplishments in your early 20s-30/etc. just forces you to believe that it is over.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

Here are some additional photos that I took today to send online consultations to Bisanga and Couto. 

I had also started talking to Ahmad about a month ago, but he requested me to get some microscope pics of my donor/transplanted regions before I continue. When I go to get microscope pictures at my trichologist I am also going to finally get some fibers and probably post a picture with me using them, I'll also cut my donor to try and style my hair to make it look "good" rather than "full"

I am also including a photo taken at the 1 year mark post finasteride/minoxidil (before surgery). To compare where I was on profile shots. 

As you can tell, the hair in the frontal third falls flat against the skin pre transplant and post transplant and I feel like there is minimal improvement. Not enough to qualify as a "illusion of density" as it doesn't look dense at all even after combing for 35 minutes in ideal lighting conditions.

I am very concerned on my donor, A while ago someone told me that my donor looks like its suffering from a severe form of DUPA, Personally I don't see it but its stressing me out considering a lot of people have fully mixed opinions on my donor hair/characteristics and cannot come to a conclusive answer. Please let me know what you think, is there enough to still meet my goals? 

My donor feels a bit thinner than before surgery especially at the back. 4000 grafts is a lot out of my reserves considering I had retrograde alopecia.

Here are my Questions:

• How many grafts do you think I have?
  • How many grafts do you think I need to achieve a "illusion of density" in the frontal third?
  • How many grafts do you think I need to achieve a "solid set of hair" in the frontal third that matches my original goals?
  • How many grafts do you think my crown needs judging by the 9 Month photos previously posted?
  • How can my yield be better on a second surgery, what are some methods that doctors could do to up the chances of better yield
  • How do I get a online consultation with Dr Ferreira?

On some good news, the alopecia areata patch is about 80% filled in. I have included a photo that I took when I first discovered it.

7 Months Post op - Alopecia Areata Patch

image.png.1cb9f4271fe9bd8b65c09e8d2700346a.png

8 Months Pre Surgery:

image.png.4e4fbcd89e9170ff30c3aaee77a7c4fd.png

image.png.d60fb2df4272e00ffdd430dbd058df05.png

10.5 Months:

Image preview

image.thumb.png.513ac9352cd60b10154d6c4c50db8a37.png

image.png.ce54d0b86f477a2ac068eb7bb0f761bb.png

Edited by mister_25

15 hours ago, mister_25 said:

A while ago someone told me that my donor looks like its suffering from a severe form of DUPA

if your trichologist definitively cannot tell you you do or do not have DUPA you should fire him/her and find a new one. That seems like a basic job requirement.

A dermatologist "should" in theory also be able to definitively give you a proper DUPA diagnosis. But dermatologists in general are pretty clueless when it comes to MPB and hair transplants. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

if your trichologist definitively cannot tell you you do or do not have DUPA you should fire him/her and find a new one. That seems like a basic job requirement.

A dermatologist "should" in theory also be able to definitively give you a proper DUPA diagnosis. But dermatologists in general are pretty clueless when it comes to MPB and hair transplants. 

Yeah I’ll definitely get them to check on that.

Not going to lie or down-play how I feel about my transplant and hair anymore. I don’t care what others think but this is the truth.

This ordeal has been a absolute nightmare to my self esteem, I had a very stressful day yesterday and I woke up with a thin patch overnight. Even though it was already somewhat thin you can clearly see a large difference between the the month 9 photos, month 10 and 10.5 photos and today. 

Ive been trying to get into contact with H&W but I am not getting responses back as fast as I used too. 

BHR Clinic has rejected me as a patient, saying I am too young and that getting a hair transplant at my age is a mistake. 

I also sent a consultation to Ferreira, Konior and Pinto

attached are the photos, right behind the forelock is this new patch of thinning hair or whatever it is. I can’t covered it no matter how hard I try.

52434D6A-EEA2-4031-93FD-E0ECA2CD571D.png

9503DD26-A93F-4099-A41C-FD75C3795CE3.png

Edited by mister_25

15 hours ago, goatnole said:

Hi mister. I really hope you will sort this out and be happy. Rooting for you!

What is your impression of Pinto, Ferreira and Konior? What does you gut feeling tell you if you had to choose one of those three?

My impression/gut feeling of Pinto and Ferreira is that they are on par with or contending for a position similar of that to Dr Hasson, I see them as close to “equivalent” in terms of results which scares me a bit because I am so unhappy with my result.

Expanding on this impression, and from the reviews I read of Ferreira and Pinto I’ve come to different conclusions on their skill set, best cases and ethics.

for Ferreira;

• Likes to involve his patient in the process, keeping them informed on what they are doing and why.
  • Good results in the NW1-5 range which I fall under.
  • Seems he has good communication and aftercare.

for Pinto;

• Ethical and likes to follow up with his patients, and keeps them close until they are happy
  • Good at reconstructing areas from scratch with adequate density.

As for Konior, in my opinion I see him as a higher quality surgeon compared to H&W and the other choices. The reason I chose Dr Hasson over Dr Konior was that for what Konior charges for the gap between him and Hasson is in my opinion not worth the monetary value.

To expand on what I mean by “higher quality” from Dr Konior here is what I mean;

• More doctor presence
  • More doctor involvement
  • Critical patient selection
  • Creates “more with less”
  • Strong results in graft counts around 1500-2500.
  • Strong portfolio of all Norwoods - about equal to Dr Hasson.

Overall though, I am not confident in moving forward, the fact is that if you go back a page or two people are saying that my approach and methodology for selecting a surgeon cannot be faulted, which destroys my confidence because it highly implies that the next time I select a different surgeon I should get roughly the same results.

I received a update from H&W, they think the hair looks good and that most of the hair has grown, and are asking me to elaborate on what I mean by the hair falling apart in that weak point and what I mean by most of the transplanted hair hasn’t grown in. They will forward the photos to Dr Hasson sometime next week.

Just for a quick reminder, here is a photo of what it looked like after the scabs came off. If you had to ask me if the buzzed hair matches the 10 months hair, I would say no that it doesn’t.

7CC98DCF-D88B-4A38-A028-FE2CCF2B3D96.png

Edited by mister_25
Clarity

14 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

My impression/gut feeling of Pinto and Ferreira is that they are on par with or contending for a position similar of that to Dr Hasson, I see them as close to “equivalent” in terms of results which scares me a bit because I am so unhappy with my result.

Expanding on this impression, and from the reviews I read of Ferreira and Pinto I’ve come to different conclusions on their skill set, best cases and ethics.

for Ferreira;

• Likes to involve his patient in the process, keeping them informed on what they are doing and why.
  • Good results in the NW1-5 range which I fall under.
  • Seems he has good communication and aftercare.

for Pinto;

• Ethical and likes to follow up with his patients, and keeps them close until they are happy
  • Good at reconstructing areas from scratch with adequate density.

As for Konior, in my opinion I see him as a higher quality surgeon compared to H&W and the other choices. The reason I chose Dr Hasson over Dr Konior was that for what Konior charges for the gap between him and Hasson is in my opinion not worth the monetary value.

To expand on what I mean by “higher quality” from Dr Konior here is what I mean;

• More doctor presence
  • More doctor involvement
  • Critical patient selection
  • Creates “more with less”
  • Strong results in graft counts around 1500-2500.
  • Strong portfolio of all Norwoods - about equal to Dr Hasson.

Overall though, I am not confident in moving forward, the fact is that if you go back a page or two people are saying that my approach and methodology for selecting a surgeon cannot be faulted, which destroys my confidence because it highly implies that the next time I select a different surgeon I should get roughly the same results.

I received a update from H&W, they think the hair looks good and are asking me to elaborate on what I mean by the hair falling apart in that weak point and what I mean by most of the transplanted hair hasn’t grown in. They will forward the photos to Dr Hasson sometime next week.

Just for a quick reminder, here is a photo of what it looked like after the scabs came off. If you had to ask me if the buzzed hair matches the 10 months hair, I would say no that it doesn’t.

7CC98DCF-D88B-4A38-A028-FE2CCF2B3D96.png

Appreciate the reply.

I have done a lot of research lately myself preparing for my future procedure.
I don’t think you should be so hard on yourself. Yes, it is maybe not perfect, but not such a failure as you describe it.

I know that on the paper H&W are top doctors, and the result is expected to be 10/10 every time. A thing I noticed from the post op pictures is that they do the implant in a pattern, the rows are very visible, but in my opinion not such a big deal and not that visible on your 9 months pictures. Maybe a problem if you want a buzz cut.

About you questioning of using HW or some other clinic for your 2nd procedure: Really hard to say. If HW does it free of charge, I maybe would give them one more chance. I am pretty sure they would give 110% attention and perfection in this case now.

On 10/13/2023 at 6:07 PM, mister_25 said:

52434D6A-EEA2-4031-93FD-E0ECA2CD571D.png

9503DD26-A93F-4099-A41C-FD75C3795CE3.png

Does anyone think the shedded area will grow back? Anyone with any experience with telogen effluvium on transplanted hairs?

If it helps with answers, the day before it disappeared was one of the most stressful days of my life.

very concerned if my transplanted hairs are going to begin to all fall out.