Xyon topical day 1

James604

Hello.  Two years ago I had 5000 grafts and have been taking prosar ever since.  I’m 51 and fit.  My sex drive was low before taking proscar, but it could have been due to antidepressants, general unhappiness with how I looked, or that I hated who I was married to…

Now happily single its time to find out if Xyon is better than proscar.   I just finished applying my first dose.  If there is interest I’m happy to share worthwhile updates as well as what led me to get the restoration work done in Vancouver and the recovery.

I stumbled across this site and haven’t scoured the content so I don’t want to double up on anything.

BTW: if you want to get a restoration done then ABSOLUTELY JUST DO IT.  You’ll love how much younger you look and feel.  You’ll be rid of that part of you that’s dragging you down.  I wish I’d done it 20 years ago because it would have been a smaller job, and my confidence would have been so much higher for so much longer.

• Like 2

• Administrators

How was your hair restoration procedure? Do you have any before and afters?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, James604 said:

Hello.  Two years ago I had 5000 grafts and have been taking prosar ever since.  I’m 51 and fit.  My sex drive was low before taking proscar, but it could have been due to antidepressants, general unhappiness with how I looked, or that I hated who I was married to…

Now happily single its time to find out if Xyon is better than proscar.   I just finished applying my first dose.  If there is interest I’m happy to share worthwhile updates as well as what led me to get the restoration work done in Vancouver and the recovery.

I stumbled across this site and haven’t scoured the content so I don’t want to double up on anything.

BTW: if you want to get a restoration done then ABSOLUTELY JUST DO IT.  You’ll love how much younger you look and feel.  You’ll be rid of that part of you that’s dragging you down.  I wish I’d done it 20 years ago because it would have been a smaller job, and my confidence would have been so much higher for so much longer.

Would be very interested in an account of your restoration procedure.

And would also love to follow along in your journey with Xyon. I’m considering both an HT and using Xyon (I had significant side effects with oral finasteride). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 3:00 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

How was your hair restoration procedure? Do you have any before and afters?

I didn’t save any “before” pics because it’s not a memory that I care to look back upon.  However people I haven’t seen in a while can’t figure out what different about me..

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, yesplease said:

Would be very interested in an account of your restoration procedure.

And would also love to follow along in your journey with Xyon. I’m considering both an HT and using Xyon (I had significant side effects with oral finasteride). 

So it’s been almost 3 weeks now and here are some observations:   It takes some effort to get the prescribed dose to spread all over the  top and back of my head.   it’s like spreading out a cc of toothpaste over the “affected areas”.  It feels like a lot of the product ends up stuck to my hair and some reaches my scalp.   There’s not immediate way to know if your scalp is receiving the finasteride or not.  I asked their support about thinning it out somehow and they said to apply it to towel dry hair starting at the crown and working outward.  I’ll be booking an appointment to see if my dose can be increased.

After it’s applied my hair feels like it received a good conditioning and it’s also more manageable.

The pill is way easier to take and I’d choose it over the xyon if it weren’t for the benefit of having a sex drive back and actually being able to do something with it.   Blue cross covers my proscar prescription but I’m not sure they will cover Xyon yet.