4600 grafts over harvested ?

Hi all

i am on day 26 fue ht from turkey, donor area seems to be healing but I am a bit concerned on one side above my ear, one side and back looks ok but one side looks a little empty, is this shock loss or over harvesting and will it grow and blend in time?

thanks

C430D2ED-1EBD-4105-93A4-F15A56F9D61E.jpeg

AA2EA212-8529-41D6-A509-8316374A79D6.jpeg

48D8F08D-95CE-4B8E-B255-EB04E2B8343C.jpeg

Too early to be sure, but I'd go with shock loss for piece of mind at the moment. If your immediate post op pics illustrate a nice spread-out collection of grafts... I say shock loss most likely. Hang in there!

• Administrators

It’s probably a combination of both, it’s difficult to know how it will look in due time. It could improve a lot.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

At this point in time it’s hard to tell how much of it is shock loss but yes most of it will recover…it’s the wait that is the most challenging…hang in there.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 4 weeks later...

@T90

How long ago did you undergo her transplant surgery in turkey? To be honest, if you only just had surgery, it’s difficult to tell exactly what your donor is going to look like when it heals and everything grows in. Also, did you have previous procedures done? What did your donor area look like prior to that?  

I think the best thing to do is wait until your donor area heals which could take up to six months to even a year then evaluate your donor area.

I don’t know what your donor area looks like prior to any surgery but even in the best cases, large hair transplant sessions may make your donor area appear a bit on the thinner side even though it shouldn’t ever appear “moth-eaten“ - a sign of the donor area being over-harvested.

Please keep us posted.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Valued Contributor

Yeh donor area prior to sugery shud be look into....and hold on for sometime...give it 6 months atleast to comment on that and u cn use minoxidil over thr to improve results...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thank you guys for the comments

this was my first hair transplant surgery, had been using minoxidil and finaesteride prior for about a year. It was done on November 11th and shock loss occcured on the 6th december

ive attached a photo for what it looked liked a week before the shock loss occurred and my donor area before the hair transplant. 3C3CDFEC-B59B-4413-ACD5-B85F3AA14F9C.thumb.png.4d47d49b3c4358263a0c635dad84dfe5.png

14FDB425-B822-4DCC-83D2-2440E0D062FA.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Nice...just give it a time and u will recover ..actually to be frank 4600 grafts at one go considering ur donor isnt a wise thing to do as i cn see some baldness digging deep upto the donor area...i have seen big sessions bt still generally a fut+fue combo or fue+bht combo...just taking so many grafts at one go is always a risk..few elite surgeons are doing it bt we shud nt do it whn we aren't into those hands..

As far as ur case is concerned we cant judge anythng without giving enough time to judge..so jst keep the patience and prayers going...and hope for the best and be confident...u will recover soon..😊

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

Watch this

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

That is some nice improvement in a short period of time and a good sign that you are recovering.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all

just Hit the 3rd month of my transplant and the shock loss (safe to say it is shock loss) is really improving a lot, i will get my haircut on the 4th month mark but so happy it wasn’t over harvested! 

AA7539EE-07E1-40CE-A588-19E1CAAC1807.png

Congratulations!

Gillenator