Safe to use Nizoral 1 month post op?

Nolan

• Valued Contributor

@Nolan you will find the state of your scalp will dictate the time and type of shampoo to use. I found after my procedure that my scalp was very dry (probably due to the amount of grafts I had implanted). I couldn't use any type of shampoo for a good three months. There would have been nothing wrong if I had have begun using Nizoral 2% earlier. It just would have meant that my hair (what there was of it at that time) and scalp would have just continued to dry out. Today, ten months post op, I use shampoo every second day. All the best!

• Like 1

Nolan,

In my experience, Nizoral 2% can easily irritate the scalp and dry out your hair, especially if used frequently.  So while the generic answer to your question is yes, you can use Nizoral 2% starting at a couple weeks post-op, use your best judgement.  In other words, if you are still experiencing any post-operative redness or inflammation, I would suggest waiting until that’s resolved before using it. Otherwise, using Nizoral 2% should be fine 1 month post-op.  To avoid dry scalp and/or irritation, I suggest only using it 2 to 3 times a week.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.