Penil feeling of discomfort and tingling feet with topical finasteride 4x/week at 0.025%

Alfred

Hello,

I stareted topical finasterid from 4 month, at the begening using 3x a week 0.025%.

Now I use 0.025% 4x a week since around 2 month. From 10 day I am experiencing some penil disconfort and from 2 day tingling feet.

Do you think it will pass with time ? Or do I beter use lower dose 3x a week ?

Thanks you very much !

My position has always been very clear: If you have sides, you drop the medication. Some want to continue out of desperation and it sometimes there where the real issues start. 

Edited by Mike10
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Alfred said:

Hello,

I stareted topical finasterid from 4 month, at the begening using 3x a week 0.025%.

Now I use 0.025% 4x a week since around 2 month. From 10 day I am experiencing some penil disconfort and from 2 day tingling feet.

Do you think it will pass with time ? Or do I beter use lower dose 3x a week ?

Thanks you very much !

I felt like that for the first month. I'm quite sure it was mostly from reading all the horror stories that my mind played tricks on me. I was really considering stopping because hair would not at all be worth losing any libido or related aspects of life over. After I found out that 'things' works fine, then libido came back (mostly because I stopped worrying about it - and who can have libodo while thinking about finasteride and sides?) I started relaxing and since then there has been not a shadow of a side effect. I would even say that 'certain things' are working better than before starting finasteride.

I think that if you can get past all the fear and doubt that your mind probably will try to convince you of if you have read the horror stories, then you will be fine. It is a tall order because I cannot think of another approved drug which keeps getting so much online negativity (perhaps the closest is covid19 vaccines which also were said to cause all kinds of things if the forums were to be believed).

While I have not had any and I know lots of people who haven't I am also not saying that sides do not exist at all. I believe that a very small number of people indeed do experience sides - probably if their homone balance is already out of whack. 

Good luck.

Edited by Xanadu
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Sounds like a nocebo effects. Tingling feet doesn’t sound like a legitimate side effect.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks you,

They sides effects exist I I have search them after getting these whitout thinking get these so it cannot be nocebo effect. I never imagin that I could get it with fina so it is not in my head !

https://www.ehealthme.com/ds/finasteride/tingling-and-numbness/

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/penis-tingling-sensation-constantly-help/6935

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/finasteride-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20063819

Well perhaps it is minoxidil which can cause tingling feet too... 

Edited by Alfred

10 hours ago, Mike10 said:

My position has always been very clear: If you have sides, you drop the medication. Some want to continue out of desperation and it sometimes there where the real issues start. 

I would take this a step further even. Everyone experience placebo and nocebo "sides" from Fin should also cease taking it. Once someone has it in their minds that Fin is the cause of all their physical and mental ailments, I doubt they will ever be convinced otherwise. 

It's like trying to have a rational debate with some crazy person rambling on the street. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1