Heavy hairline and sparsity concerns. 3500 grafts/Month 6

Tougoire

Hey All,

I'm at month 6 after 3500 FUE and am a bit concerned about the hairline heaviness and shape (zig zag). My hair also feels very wiry. I understand patience is key, but I feel like too many 3/4 grafts have been put into the hairline. I'd appreciate any thoughts or feedback. Thanks,

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2061.jpeg

IMG_2052.jpeg

IMG_2016.jpeg

• Sad 1

Thanks for your reply. Royal Cosmetic Surgery in Islamabad. I spent some time out there over the last couple of years. The surgeon seems to think that progress is OK and should keep growing for another 6 months. I'd expectmore at six months though.

He also says that the hairline is preferebale for the lasting aesthetic look. The surgeon is experienced and I talked at length about keeping the look natural as possible. I feel pretty down about the situation at the moment tbh.

This doesn't concern me too much and listen I'm a definite there needs to be growth at six months person.... but I think this looks pretty ok. I'm not seeing any bare spots or anything alarming. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this be a great result. You have lots of growth in there and likely lots in there that's just getting going or transitioning from wispy almost invisible hairs to better caliber. Maybe I'm seeing those pics wrong but it looks like you're well on your way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Valued Contributor

I see why you might be concerned. The good news is you’ve got at least another 4 months for more growth and longer for maturity & thickening. The other good news is that even if things don’t improve substantially, there’s enough there in the frontal third to boost with hair fibres or have some added density with a 2nd sitting (frustrating as that may be). 

With that said, to me this looks like it’s behind schedule and I’d be a little concerned myself in your shoes. Some people are late growers though so all you can do for now is sit tight and see how it plays out. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update at 7.5 months. The first couple of photos are takne straight after a shower in very bright light. The later ones are whne it's dried with no prodcut in. Again taken in bright light.

My concerns are still the heaviness of the haorline compared to the temple areas behind. The hair is definitely still coming, but I thought it would have evened out a bit more by now. Not a disaster, but I don't feel I'm going to get the desired density. I'd be intersted to hear any further thoughts from anyone on here. All the best.

IMG_2481.jpeg

IMG_2483.jpeg

IMG_2488.jpeg

IMG_2489.jpeg

IMG_2491.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tougoire said:

Thanks for the reply. I don't get why it's especially weak in behnd the hairline on both temples? Is this a hard area for hair to grow particularly?

Surgeon error most probably. The grafts they implanted were likely transected, or not implanted correctly or something like that. 

On 1/9/2023 at 6:16 PM, asterix0 said:

Surgeon error most probably. The grafts they implanted were likely transected, or not implanted correctly or something like that. 

What will this mean going forward if he were to have a touch-up? Will they need to remove those grafts?

16 hours ago, waterworld said:

What will this mean going forward if he were to have a touch-up? Will they need to remove those grafts?

I am not sure, you'll have to ask whichever repair surgeon you have in mind directly.