Dr Bisanga 2259 FUE

cg90

On 1/12/2023 at 5:54 PM, cg90 said:

I paid the standard price, which I think is Bisanga does extractions and recipient prep, the rest of the time was the placements by two ladies.
I think there is the "Bisanga does everything" package which is a lot more, but seems kinda pointless when everyone is trained by him.
Dr Kostis was with another patient at the time, so I only saw him when signing forms and when I was leaving.

I'm just over two months in and basically 80-90% of the hair fell out a couple of days after my one month update.
All that's there at the moment is the native hair that was shaved into a little, which is awkwardly 1/3 the length of the untouched native hair.
Still very easy to hide and I rarely think about the procedure, I'm basically where I was pre-procedure which is "I really hate my hairline but everyone thinks I'm NW1".
So I'm just going to continue to forget about this and only assess what's cooking underneath when I do the month 3, 6, 9, 12 updates here.
I will say there is a tiny bit of tenderness about an inch above the recipient area that I notice when washing my hair sometimes, but that could be the minor nerve damage that can take 3-6 months to fully heal.
The donor area was very tender during the first week, but no problems since and I'm amazed at how untouched it looked within a couple of days.

Ian has sent me some pics taken immediately after the procedure, posting those here for the curious.
I didn't experience the really bad swelling until day 2, but looking at these pics, it looks like it started immediately.

I'll post some current pics for the month 3 update in 3.5 weeks time.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 16.34.17.png

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 16.34.32.png

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 16.34.43.png

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 16.34.57.png

Thanks for sharing with such details... as from Dr Bisanga, extraction and design looks awesome... you will have a perfect hairline in no time : )

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Tomorrow will be six months, but I figured I'd do the update now before I forget.

Month 4-5 was not much different to the month 3 update, probably a little bit better, but not noticeable.

It was when I hit the 5 months mark that I started to get concerned.
In my previous updates, I expressed a lack of urgency for results because I was able to style my hair as before, so no rush.
4 weeks ago I had a look underneath the curtain and was hoping I'd have that Bisanga trademark early growth that would allow me to start styling my hair differently.
But nope, very patchy and unusable.
One of the main reasons I picked Bisanga was because most of his patients here had great results within 3-5 months, so when I went past that date range I was starting to worry.

Fortunately I recalled a case (or two) here where the results didn't happen, then in month 6 it exploded.
I think that is happening to me now, as in the last two weeks there has been significantly more growth occurring, it's close to being usable.

If I'm at 50% now, then double of this density won't be perfect, but usable, which is the goal for me.
A perfect hairline is unrealistic, and even if achieved, it'd look weird in a way.
Guys I see with great hair don't have perfect hairlines, so if mine turned out so, it'd be sus.

Anyway, next update will be in 3 months (month 9), so maybe by then I can be a bit more adventurous with my style.
I'm aiming for something maturer (for when I get older and greyer), but also isn't impacted by the wind\rain, even if the exposed hairline is no longer a problem.
For now, or for the next couple of months, I'll do some experimenting behind the scenes, but in public do what I've always done.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 13.36.52.png

20230509_123628.jpg

20230509_123646.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, this is my first post on forum and your journey sounds so similar to mine . I too opted for partial shave with the view of concealing as best I can. I’m literally 50 mins post transplant and trying to get comfortable in my room after 2200 grafts today! I’ll look to post my journey over the next few days. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cg90 said:

Hi all,

Tomorrow will be six months, but I figured I'd do the update now before I forget.

Month 4-5 was not much different to the month 3 update, probably a little bit better, but not noticeable.

It was when I hit the 5 months mark that I started to get concerned.
In my previous updates, I expressed a lack of urgency for results because I was able to style my hair as before, so no rush.
4 weeks ago I had a look underneath the curtain and was hoping I'd have that Bisanga trademark early growth that would allow me to start styling my hair differently.
But nope, very patchy and unusable.
One of the main reasons I picked Bisanga was because most of his patients here had great results within 3-5 months, so when I went past that date range I was starting to worry.

Fortunately I recalled a case (or two) here where the results didn't happen, then in month 6 it exploded.
I think that is happening to me now, as in the last two weeks there has been significantly more growth occurring, it's close to being usable.

If I'm at 50% now, then double of this density won't be perfect, but usable, which is the goal for me.
A perfect hairline is unrealistic, and even if achieved, it'd look weird in a way.
Guys I see with great hair don't have perfect hairlines, so if mine turned out so, it'd be sus.

Anyway, next update will be in 3 months (month 9), so maybe by then I can be a bit more adventurous with my style.
I'm aiming for something maturer (for when I get older and greyer), but also isn't impacted by the wind\rain, even if the exposed hairline is no longer a problem.
For now, or for the next couple of months, I'll do some experimenting behind the scenes, but in public do what I've always done.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 13.36.52.png

20230509_123628.jpg

20230509_123646.jpg

Looks pretty good for 6 months my hair is about the length of your and I’m at 6 months thinking of maybe cutting my hair it’ll match better 

• 3 months later...

Hi all, 

Back for the nine months update. 

Got to be honest, not feeling positive about the results at the moment. 

You can see that the right side is quite sparse, which is more disappointing due to very carefully picking a doctor that uses more grafts than others. Which means I paid more and used up more of my graft budget for results that don't seem to compare with results using less grafts.

Maybe I'm one of the few that don't get the stellar results you see all over this forum. Or maybe months 9-12 will turn things around. But it doesn't look as dense as 2259 grafts should look, based on the many many threads I've seen over the last four years. 

Anyway, I'll report back for the twelve months update. Hopefully it'll be a more positive report. 

20230810_191231.jpg

20230810_191301.jpg

20230810_191250.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hairywannabe said:

In those pictures it doesn't look bad, maybe just the hairline isn't that dense. Doest it look more sparse when you look at it in different conditions (different than in photos)?

I wouldn't say it's bad, it's still better than what I had, it's just currently not what I was hoping based on the years of research and extra cost. 

But it could just be the right side is going through a cycle that leaves it in a not ideal spot for a few months. 

It looked a little denser in the six months pics, though my hair was longer so not sure if that's why. 

I'll wait until month 12 before I make a final assessment, as we all know this is a 12 months process. 

To answer your question, in more natural light, the right side looks more like I'm losing my hairline, whereas before it was slick bald and could just be perceived as "he's got a naturally high hairline". 

Don't know if that makes sense? xD

The left side looks good though, hopefully the right side finally catches up. 

On 8/11/2023 at 2:30 AM, cg90 said:

Hi all, 

Back for the nine months update. 

Got to be honest, not feeling positive about the results at the moment. 

You can see that the right side is quite sparse, which is more disappointing due to very carefully picking a doctor that uses more grafts than others. Which means I paid more and used up more of my graft budget for results that don't seem to compare with results using less grafts.

Maybe I'm one of the few that don't get the stellar results you see all over this forum. Or maybe months 9-12 will turn things around. But it doesn't look as dense as 2259 grafts should look, based on the many many threads I've seen over the last four years. 

Anyway, I'll report back for the twelve months update. Hopefully it'll be a more positive report. 

20230810_191231.jpg

20230810_191301.jpg

20230810_191250.jpg

for what its worth, based on those photos i think this looks very very good and a very natural seeming hairline.
right side is sparser but in these pics it looks like it frames you face well and maybe even looks more natural.

do you think it looks worse when its down or something? got any pics in the sun?

Edited by mark91

Interesting to see that you're unhappy with your results so far as I think it looks great, but results are subjective to a degree and since you expected better density on the righthand side then it's understandable. Overall, I'd say this procedure was objectively successful though.

• Valued Contributor

@cg90

I can understand your concern but There are some phases where one side lacks growth/density if you compare that to other side but generally evrythng comes/blends together nicely after 12 months ...so wait for that before getting disappointed and reserve your judgments till then..

If you ask about my opinion than i would say evrythng is looking good and you are just short of bit more growth and density on one side and this can be achieved in upcoming months..Plus dr bisanga is a very ethical surgeon and if there is an issue of lack of growth after 12 months than he will stand behind you and will be happy to help you out with a free touch probably ...so don't worry ...

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I was going to wait until month 18 for the "final" update, as at month 12 nothing had improved.
I wanted to see if I'm one of the weird people that continues getting improvements from month 12-18.
That way I'm not concluding my happiness with the results prematurely.
I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't take a pic with the same lighting/location, so consider this a mini 15 months update.

Unfortunately the right side is still very weak, I still have that "oh he's starting to lose his hair" look, instead of the slick bald look I had before, I'm not sure what's better to be honest.
Take today for example, I went for a run with a hat on, took it off and it looks like there are only a few hundred wispy hairs there max.
I understand that a transplant is an illusion, and when less sweaty and combed it looks more like the last pic of the right side I posted here.
But the left side does not have this problem at all.

I want to stress that this isn't the final review, it may thicken up, or maybe I'm catching the right side during a shed.
I know month 12-18 is when the hair is supposed to be more native-like in texture, which tells me a shed is expected during that window.
But as of right now, I would be lying if I said I'm "happy" with the result.
Considering that Bisanga typically uses 300-500 more grafts than others for similar procedures, which I saw as a selling point because it meant more density, I was hoping that meant the worst case is "good" and the best case is "great", but what I have is great on the left side and not good on the right side.

It's very likely nothing will improve from now until may, so my plan is to just work with this.
Whenever I lose more hair over the years, enough to justify a second procedure, I'll ask whatever doctor I go with then to patch up the right side.

Month 18 update I'll make sure to include pics to match the others here for better comparison.