Oral Minoxidil Prescriptions

Hawaiian1961

Aloha,

I have been on Finasteride for awhile now but the effectiveness seems to be waivering.  I told my current dermatologist that I was interested in oral minoxidil but he turned me down citing heart issues.  I called another dermatologist on island but got the same answer.  I am 61 years old with a slightly elevated blood pressure.  I thought that it would not be an issue being that minoxidil was actually a medication for hypertension.  I am confused that many of you have gotten the prescription so easily.  Has any had the same experience?

• Administrators

Well, if you have heart issues it may not be the best solution. You can talk to Dr. Pan, who also is from Hawaii. He prescribed me oral minoxidil and has a lot of experience prescribing it. 

https://parsamohebi.com/contact/consultation/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...